No announcement yet.

Do it at home build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey DJ... where exactly did you get the chassis saver paint? i would really like to pick some up for myself.

also, good work on the engine bay..looks awesome dude.
    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Here's a list I got for you ,some shops that sell this stuff in QC.
      Dist.Pieces D'Autos Rive-Sud
      12, Charles A. Cadieux
      Levis, QC G6V 7Z6

Performance Expert CM
      1660 Boul Saint-Paul
      Chicoutimi, QC G7J 4N1

Tridec Inc.
      9330-A boul. Bourque
      Sherbrooke, QC J1N 0G2

Autos Coloris Inc
      3005 Boul. Matte, local B
      Brossard, QC J4Y 2P4

Pieces D'Auto Cote Inc.
      1205, boul. St-Joseph
      Gatineau,, QC J6Z 2C3

B.E.N. Produits D'Auto
      951 RTE 343 Local #2
      St-Ambroise, QC JOK 1C0

Hopefully that helps!Thank you for the comment!
      My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

autos coloris inc is closest to you/us archaeic
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Went to all the jdm shops in mtl the other day to look for some parts and maybe a new set of coilovers,but all the gtr guys from mtl swept out the place..

Comment

yeah, me and archaeic..
            sigpic

Comment

LOL.. ya sorry bud, we know when the shops get their new shipments in.. and we tend to go around that time !! LOL.. not much else i can actually get for my car... and thanks so much for finding me all those locations, thats AWESOME!!! im definitley going to get some of that stuff.

Comment

Alright well as I said ,I was going to try polishing my intake manifold ,sovI stepped up to the task and after alot of hours and severe neck pains from looking down for 6 hours straight,the turnout was pretty good but I don't think I would do it again...

Here's what I used for the polishing process:
                -Bottle of water filled up,with water ofcourse (put two drops of dish washer soap)
                -120 grit flapper wheel
                -Grinder
                -Sandpaper ,120,180,400,600,800,1500 and 2000 (from 400 and up I wet sanded)

Here are some of the pictures:
                First stage with flapper wheel and 120 grit

400grit

600 grit

800 grit
                rit
                Forgot to take a picture of grit but here's 2000 grit

After a little buffing with meguiare's metal polish

Close up

It's not perfect ,definatly not around the flange,It's really not worth trying to polish that part with the limited tools I had ,it would have taken me another 10 hours.My plan is to mask the manifold off up to the flange and spray a coat of black paint.It could also use a better buffing job to make it really shine.

Let me know what you think!

Comment

Looks good.

For polishing that, my tip is to get airplane paint stripper. (found at hardware stores/automotive) then lay it on the paint, watch it peel off on its own.

You'll get all the cracks and grooves with a toothbrush and a light water jet. Then you can skip the course grits and go from 200 grit and up.

Comment

wow nice job.
                    approved./
                    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                      Looks good.

For polishing that, my tip is to get airplane paint stripper. (found at hardware stores/automotive) then lay it on the paint, watch it peel off on its own.

You'll get all the cracks and grooves with a toothbrush and a light water jet. Then you can skip the course grits and go from 200 grit and up.
                      Thanks !! I'll try that! What do you guys think should I polish the bracket that holds the itb linkage or leave it black the way I have it now...

Comment

having it matching can make it look really nice imo, ..like mine..
                        sigpic

Comment

Lol yea but I was thinking with alot of black around it the manifold would stand out..you know what I mean..

Comment

good job on sanding! it came out nice! were you using a dremmel or a full sized grinder with the flapper wheel?

also i feel out of respect for hooking me up with that awesome underbody paint you used id return the favor and drop a mention of some not-so well known paint that is incredible.. heres the deal:

its called POR-15, and its traditionally used by people who drive rust buckets because it litterally turns weak rust harder than steel when the job is done right

Explore POR-15's extensive range of restoration products, perfect for bringing new life to any vehicle with superior performance and quality. Order online now!

how ever when its used on good solid metal surfaces the result is a paint job so resilliant not even beating on it with a hammer would crack or chip the paint... my buddy's dad saw the ad and thought'd he`d try it out... bought a small can (its really quite expensive though)... and applied the procedure to his work hammer... a year later, not a single chip... and its very strange paint... it dries better with mooisture than dry areas, ...

anyways for us guys with non rust buckets its great for like suspenions components (thats what ill use it for) ...you clean the metallic surface, then spray on with a spray bottle the liquid you buy with the paint, its like "metal-prep" and it makes an oxidized white chalky layer... then you paint it on thinly.. do a few coats while still tacky.. and for color, you can just spray on any cheap can of rattle paint color you want and it will bond with the POR-15 as long as its still tacky and sticky... when it dries.. its rock solid. and NEVER allows rust to form.

you should check it out.. ill be posting in my build thread the whole procedure in a few weeks so you could check that out if u wanna see the result before buying.

Comment

That polished intake looks great man.

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                                good job on sanding! it came out nice! were you using a dremmel or a full sized grinder with the flapper wheel?

also i feel out of respect for hooking me up with that awesome underbody paint you used id return the favor and drop a mention of some not-so well known paint that is incredible.. heres the deal:

its called POR-15, and its traditionally used by people who drive rust buckets because it litterally turns weak rust harder than steel when the job is done right

Explore POR-15's extensive range of restoration products, perfect for bringing new life to any vehicle with superior performance and quality. Order online now!

how ever when its used on good solid metal surfaces the result is a paint job so resilliant not even beating on it with a hammer would crack or chip the paint... my buddy's dad saw the ad and thought'd he`d try it out... bought a small can (its really quite expensive though)... and applied the procedure to his work hammer... a year later, not a single chip... and its very strange paint... it dries better with mooisture than dry areas, ...

anyways for us guys with non rust buckets its great for like suspenions components (thats what ill use it for) ...you clean the metallic surface, then spray on with a spray bottle the liquid you buy with the paint, its like "metal-prep" and it makes an oxidized white chalky layer... then you paint it on thinly.. do a few coats while still tacky.. and for color, you can just spray on any cheap can of rattle paint color you want and it will bond with the POR-15 as long as its still tacky and sticky... when it dries.. its rock solid. and NEVER allows rust to form.

you should check it out.. ill be posting in my build thread the whole procedure in a few weeks so you could check that out if u wanna see the result before buying.
                                Thanks i'll keep an eye on your build for that,I am planning on removing most of the suspension parts and give them a nice fresh coat of paint.BTw it was a full size grinder,my 10$ canadian tire special dremel broke...

Wondering if I should polsih the itbs or go black.

Comment

Working...
                                X