No announcement yet.

Do it at home build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was like a sail even if I was going 40 km/h it wanted to take off!! Oh and btw the crv is a 5spd ...just to make things a little more complicated!

Received some goodies today right before I left for class, but didnt have the time to take pictures.

Will update soon.
    My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Did a little porting work today removing the lumps from the exhaust ports and started on my timing belt replacement.

Comment

what are you using to port your head? im not sure but i think you might be using too rough of a grit, dont forget to port your exhaust manifolds to match too!
        Check out my RB30 build at
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

Your supposed to leave it rough, it creates a boundary layer and allows the flow to flow much nicer/consistent. With that said your supposed to make everything uniform. So if you remove the exhaust hump just make sure its uniformly the same roughness all the way around. If you don't you'll lose a bit of flowrate and it may turn turbulent because one part of the flow will flow differently then the other, but you won't lose much. Your gaining a lot more from removing that hump, then your losing from not making everything uniform.

Nice Build!!!

Comment

Simon , im using my greddy manifold

Hey, Mitch my fault for not mentionning that i`m not completely done with the port, i`m still in the process of finishing it , just wanted to give some fellow members an idea that could help with some flow!And i didn`t want to port to much cause i`m scared of the penetrating the water passages under :S

Comment

Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
              Your supposed to leave it rough, it creates a boundary layer and allows the flow to flow much nicer/consistent...

oh i learned something today
              Check out my RB30 build at
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-pro...b30-build.html

Comment

wow nice build, thats dedication. im doing my timing belt right now too, its a LONG process. im just worried about the CAS, ive heard horror stories about them no going in right and bending valves.

Comment

Nice meting you today DJ, (i bought the bumper off you) Love the build, you've got a lot of patience. well have to meet up come summer and go for a cruise so i can check her out.

Comment

Thanks man I hope everything turns out well with your ride, she's definately a nice one!For sure we'll meet up. You better show up to the skymeet we're having this summer in Ottawa.

Comment

• Very nice build man!! Wish i was able to get that bumper off of your hands though!
                      '91 Black GTS-T

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ View Post
                        Well i've decided to polish my nismo strut bar aswell,I'm not to sure if i'll like the look of it in the engine bay....if not i'll paint it black again.

Trying not to quote the picture, but anyway. Good call on polishing it. You got a Polish & Carbon theme going here and it's turning out really good. If the Turbo side is polished you might aswell do so for the Intake side to match up and flow correctly. Shows your hard work pays off. Also leave the strut bar polished. I think when all is said and done you'll step back and realise you made the right choice.

Cheers,

Kirk
                        1995 Talon Turbo AWD Auto-X'er (Current)
                        1999 Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec (2014)
                        2007 Chrysler 300 (Daily Driver)

Comment

• Thank you for your opinion on the car and the polishing!

Got new rims today for my daily driver Here they are!

Hella flush!not!

I'm just kidding , those are my gtr's wheels...

Waiting on a bunch of parts for the gtr ,will update as soon as they're in!

Comment

• if they fit why not ? it would be freaking hilarious
                            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• They looks crazy on it , I think it would be the crv with the most baller rims around..

I'm just to scared something happens to them since I drive this thing everywhere and im trying to sell the tires...

Comment

• I'm very impress with the result of the strut bar and your intake look better on your last set of picture than the end result on your DIY lil tutorial. Did you repolish the intake ??
                                Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Working...
                                X