No announcement yet.

Do it at home build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys I didnt have a camera to snap some ppictures of the progress,well here's the turbo set up and charge pipping just about done,i'm just missing some clamps and other minor parts.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Next up is to finish the fuel system and a clutch change!
    My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

Originally posted by DJ
      Damn well the reason i Did remove was beacause when I was removing the A/c I damaged some Pw lines and I knew it would be a hassle to find them again so i removed it.Mcfly uses his gtr with 295 all around daily so i've heard with no PS.
      there is a difference b/w now pwer steering (pump) and a manual rack.

you can't just pull your pump and call it a day.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post

EXACTLY!!!

The steering ratio on the rack is ment for power steering. I had an s-10 that had no power steering from the factory, it felt like power steering when you were moving but parking was a nightmare on my arms.

Basically, your gonna have one hell of a time trying to turn your car while driving or parking or anywhere.

Comment

hmm i like your engine bay nice and clean..

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post

I'm running a looped rack so its a little different.

Comment

Ran into some issues with some parts,being on back order for the past month now so I decided to clean up a bit the engine bay.Also started on putting back the interior and fuel system up.

Intercooler piping

Interior shots,still not done

Fuel system layout,I still need to finish wiring the pump and run some other lines.

Comment

dj! how she comin? doing a built this winter for the young one....yeaaa not for sale anymore let me know if u wanna come help sometime....shes goin top mount with a rb25 turbine, new 444cc injectors, catch can, fmic, screamer pipe, 3" down, rear d-max fenders, side skirts, ni exhaust and manual boost c, maybe an fc well see and a new mani...more to come...let me know

Comment

wut computer and injectors r u using and fuel pump

Comment

apexi power fc d-jetro, siemmens 750cc injectors and the stock gtr pump feeding the swirl pot then the other pump is a bosch 044.

Comment

wow! nice build

Comment

Alright well I finaly got her running.Here are several pictures of the car almost completed.

Still not done,more to come.

Comment

Compression test was done today and looks to be pretty good!

170,170,170,170,170,165 There was maybe 1 or 2 psi of difference between them but it was hard to tell on the gauge. I was surprised to see those numbers.

Comment

nice build, look forward to seeing the numbers you get out of that setup.

Comment

Winter is here and I have a couple of more projects for the car.Since the underbody of this car is very clean and not rusted I want to keep it like that.I decided to pick up chassis saver from magnetpaints ,it's a coating that stops and prevents rust from forming and it's not cheap at 100$ the gallon.I already started to remove some parts from the suspension to get them sanded and coated .It's going to be a long job to sand down everything and to recoat the underbody but i'm sure it will be worth it!

More pictures to come when I actually get started on coating everything .

Comment

Originally posted by Terrh View Post
                                That heatshield is awesome. The back of my car turns brown all the time, especially on road trips. Unfortunately I don't think it's big enough to deal with the whole area that mine affects but that's the worst area.

That intercooler looks pretty nice too, where'd you get it?

ahah yeahh +1 on the heat shield.. white car + straight pipe = skylines dirty ass.
                                White 1990 Nissan Skyline HCR32.
                                "Skyline" Is a lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X