No announcement yet.

BNR320001551 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know of a 1996 - up, Series 3, 5spd for sale with low KMS.

Below is where i am gonna go into detailed build sections and things that i have encountered or learned along the way
    Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

Tuning ---here---

Apexi Power FC L-Jetro
      Z32 MAFS - remans
      Apexi PFC boost kit
      Apexi hand controller
      Motec PLM Wideband

I bought the PFC back when i first bought the car in 03. It came in the trunk when the car arrived. While it does its job, I now really wish i had gone a different route. Haltec, etc.. the real ony high points of the PFC system for me are that it has a integrated boost controller, knock sensor and has a GTR specific base map. If i was to do it again i would remove all of the engine controll system and run a stand alone with new wiring harness. After almost 20 years the origional wiring harness i feel is the weak point of the entire car.

injectors are 800cc Sard's with twin spray holes, lag = 1.1ms

coils are Splitfires they have a diffrent chargs time so in PFC you must alter the IGN dwell vs RPM so they don't overheat.

rpm vs. adjust
      10000 = 107
      8000 = 82
      4000 = 41
      2000 = 21
      1000 = 11
      480 = 5

I still need final tuning on the GTR but with stock internals and t618z turbos the stock clutch started to let go at 344awhp (Mustang Dynamometer - Racing Greed). My Motec is now running an NGK sensor which is more reliable when at cooler temps and results in more accurate cold start tuning.

The Datalogit V2 (Black version) works pretty good, its wired from the analog outputs of the Motec to the AN inputs of the Datalogit. This lets me log my AF ratios. You just have to set them up to speak with each other correctly to work. eg 0-5v = 10-50 AFR

My observation of the original tune from Mark at Racing Greed is that in order to preserve the clutch he dialed back my timing which has pushed up my EGT's i regularly hit 900c and at cruise i an hovering around 500c

Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

Comment

Suspension

Cusco suspension links front and rear
        Cusco front and rear sway bars
        Nismo front upper tie bar
        Cusco front lower and rear upper tie bar
        JIC Magic FLT-A2 Coil overs
        Poly Bushings sub frame and diff not harsh at all, tightens things up nicely. when burning out stock bushings DONT remove the stock metal outer sleeve, you will need them.

Comment

Body/Paint ---here---

Comment

Drive/Gear ---here---

Comment

Engine:

I just bought a Short Block built by Vinny Ten in NewYork

Nissan - N1 Block(24U) 11000-24U00
              Greddy/Carrillo - 2.6 liter Connecting Rods set GRD-13520761
              CP - 86.5mm Forged Pistons SC7310
              Nismo - Main Bearings x 6 12207-RRR40
              Nismo - Main Thrust Bearings x 1 12261-RRR40
              Nismo - Rod Bearings x 6 12110-RRR40
              ARP - Main Studs Oversized ARP-202-5406
              ARP - Main Studs Oversized 4.6 inch

Also have the Tomei Full Counter Crank and Mahle PowerPak pistons

Comment

Chassis/Fuel/Brakes

Performance Friction 2pc rotors
                F50 Brembo kit

Comment

Head Build

Parts installed in head consist of:

Tomei 280 deg 10.8 lift Pro Cams
                  Tomei Spec C duel spring kit 10,000 rpm capable
                  Tomei lightweight lifter buckets
                  Tomei berry-Ring valve seats
                  Tomei bronze/phosphorus valve guides
                  Greddy/Trust cam gears

Machined for cam clearance, light bowl work, valves de-shrouded, intake splitter knife edged and pushed back, very light port and polish.

Comment

Problems I encountered during my build, and their solutions.

Tensioner Stud:

A few people have experienced tensioner stud failures when rebuilding their motors.

I bought a grade 12.9 100mm hex bolt from Fastenal, Free. Regularly $1.50

Brought it to a machine shop they machined off the head and threaded the body, 1/2 hr work cost $45.00

end result 12.9 grade tensioner stud. time will tell if it works. fingers crossed.

ARP Main stud clearance issue with the front drive shaft tube in the oil pan:

The engine came with uprated M12 studs because the builder was running a RWD application and the clearance was not an issue.

I am running AWD so rather then grind/clearance the studs to clear the tube. I went back to OEM Bolts, Only problem was that the machine shop machined the block for M12 when the RB26 came from the factory with M10. Lucky for me the VG30DETT used M12 bolts, So i will be switching back. Pictures posted when i take them.

Comment

extra stuff 2

Comment

Just bought a ATI street 1000hp damper and ARP head studs for 850cdn to my door from summitracing. they arrived 3 days, Blaine, WA. In Canada with taxes it would have cost me nearly 1200 dollars. So the saved 350 goes towards my Tomei gasket kit. whoo ho. I like deals, i demand them and i get them. My car was built on them.

Comment

new pics on post 21 page 3 of engine

Comment

Nice list of a/m parts keep the pics coming!

Comment

money!

Comment

love the gauges, I think you've given me some insperation.
                                -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Working...
                                X