'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u absolutely need the p/s cooler,

at every track event i go, i always forget to drain a bit of p/s fluid, and it heats up and expands and overflows everywhere
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
      u absolutely need the p/s cooler,

at every track event i go, i always forget to drain a bit of p/s fluid, and it heats up and expands and overflows everywhere
      Now, does it heat up because you're lines and reservoir run near your turbos or because of excess steering?

I have no hicas and my reservoir and lines are relocated away from turbos.

Maybe 'ill get a moroso cooler
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Small update. Got busy around the house, yard and spend time with the Wife (car comes last) so I spent 1 out of my 6 days off this week to work on it.

Got the brakes finally finished, just pressure checking everything for leaks for the next 24 hours. I love my mighty vac.

PICS!

Here's a quick picture of the deleted ABS section. I was able to delete 3 brake lines by doing this and the last line is tucked away now. Still needing to drill holes for the line clamps.

Since I was unable to get my hands on a non ABS oversized brake master cylinder, I decided to do like some other guys (Austrialians mostly) and split the front feed line at the master cylinder. Sadly, I was unable to get the right size of fittings (metric) so I used what was available (3/16th blocks and fittings). the I am certain that by how things fit, the factory lines were the same as imperial lines I used.

Since the ABS is gone and I could not confirm that the brake master cylinder had a proportioning valve for the back line, I decided to get a wilwood prop valve and manually control the back pressure from 57% to 100% of the available pressure. By the way it looks, I should be able to fit it in without causing fitment issues with the intake plenum. The strut bar should cover it fairly well while still being accessible.

Had some problems with the Mishimoto fans again. When I first tried it with my Koyo copper rad, it didn't fit well, so I sent the fans back to get another set. I tried the fans (same as old after all) and it fits no different on my larger koyo aluminum radiator. It seems I'll have to drill out the name plate to fit it right... Also has a 1/4" gap at the bottom once installed right.
        Anyone know if koyo or mishimoto has changed their designs lately?

Don't mind my brother's sneeze, funny guy...
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Update. Been busy around the house again but my 6 days off start again tomorrow. I still don't have an engine or know of it's status or location but I have nearly every other part. Still looking for fender liners and some AN fittings.

I don't think this car will run this summer due to unexpected delays (can't say which until I know why) but everything is paid for.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

that sneeze sounds like vtec kicking in yo.

unfortunately nothing constructive from me, dont know much about this yet. but looking naice!
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Ah thanks. That sneeze probably flows more than Vtec too lol.

I'm sure everything will come together with time, which I don't have much of with everything else coming first. Being a toy means it's just that, used when I have left over time
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Where did you get the lines/fittings and the T for the ABS delete?? What size are they?
                Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

looks like your master clyinder leaks. all the paint under it is bubbled or peeling.
                  1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
                  1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Originally posted by Boyscout View Post
                    looks like your master clyinder leaks. all the paint under it is bubbled or peeling.
                    I saw that after posting the picture. I'm not sure if it was a previous leak or a new leak though I haven't had to add any fluid over the last year. I'll try to check and see if it is indeed looking. Thanks for the heads up!

Originally posted by c-unit
                    Where did you get the lines/fittings and the T for the ABS delete?? What size are they?
                    This mod was a time consuming one... Took time to find the right parts and how to run it since I didn't want it looking like crap or get in the way of anything. I was unable to find the right size of lines in local shops or online so I converted to 3/16 lines from NAPA. They had the splitter there too. The factory fittings are 10mm however the lines seem to be the same for 3/16 so the fitting was good. No leaks so far but I haven't ran the car with the booster, only manual pedal to the floor (good pressure). I kept the factory fittings where they had to be used and converted only for the prop valve and splitter block. It turned out pretty good I think. The reason for using the prop valve is because I couldn't find if the master cylinder had a proportioning valve in it or not and it would be dangerous to have full pressure out back so the $80 part was a must. I can control 57% to 100% pressure going out back
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Maybe 'ill get a moroso cooler
                      Grab a B&M from Canadian Tire, they are around $30-35

------------------------------------------

Do you still have the original box your Koyo came in? and have you test fit the radiator in your car? I am thinking you possibly got an incorrect radiator or they changed the design a bit... check the box for the P/N's listed below and measure the radiator.

R32 Radiator:
                      P/N: R020214
                      Overall Size: 26.2" x 19.7" x 3.8"
                      Core Size: 14.96" x 25.59"

R33 Radiator:
                      P/N: R020442
                      Overall Size: 26.4" x 21.8" x 3.1"
                      Core Size: 15.75" x 25.51"

Here is pictures of that EXACT same mishimoto fan shroud lines up on Ben's brand new (2+ year old) Koyo radiator. I actually repacked that one and sent it your way since I knew it fit

Sorry about cluttering your thread, if you want me to delete this stuff let me know and shoot me a PM
                      2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored
                      1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Braden,

That is infact the correct part number. I have the right P# for both items so my guess is one of the 2 have changed designs. I'll do what I can to make it work I guess... Going to have to removed the mishimoto name plate and put it elsewhere so I can bolt it down, as you can tell...
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

You running a T-stat on your a/m oil cooler? Is there any huge disadvantage to not running one?
                          RB30DET 240sx 13.00 @ 113 junk 60' - RB25DE head, 740cc, precision 6262 .58 (majorly choked), nistune - 370 whp.

Comment

Originally posted by ST240 View Post
                            You running a T-stat on your a/m oil cooler? Is there any huge disadvantage to not running one?
                            Honnestly I'm not 100% but I do believe the HKS unit has a Tstat built it. My other GTR didn't use an oil cooler and it was fine around town and driving spiritly. I would suggest an oil cooler if you track but if you have the budget to do it, it's a good upgrade. Oil stays 15 degrees cooler and oil changes aren't as often, then again, I use 0w50 oil haha.
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

So more info on the koyo rad and mishimoto fans.

The fans don't fit right again but this time I measured the koyo rad which turns out it's the issue. I had not planned on going koyo but it was suggested to me as a great product for a good price however it has fitment issues. The 2 mounts are off from eachother by 3/16s or so, to cause problems and the rad is physically taller now by over 1/4 inch. Have they changed designs or have moved to a mexican builder? Since the seller doesn't exist anymore, I'll have to remove the mishimoto name plate, do some drilling and patching (1/4 inch gap across the bottom) to install it without looking like knockoff puke. Anyone else have any issues with koyo as of late?

Mount 1

Mount 2

Fitment still off/round/short on the bolt.
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

you could always elongate the hole that doesnt line up
                                1966 Pontiac Beaumont | 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-X | 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS-T Type-M
                                1991 Toyota Celsior C-Type Supercharged | 1991 Toyota Cressida | 2008 GMC Acadia

Comment

Working...
                                X