No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a OBX header and down pipe on my 03 lancer. It's been on for 3-4 years now and its my DD. Great quality and really thick flange. Would I use OBX on a Hi-performance GTR... Wouldn't risk it just for the peace of mind. I think there are other places where you could save money.
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• Not running it to save money, running it because it's capable of flowing the fuel I need and using only 1 pump.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Hmm, I haven't heard much about OBX but earlier today I poked around the net and since I'm running less that 600whp, I'll be ordering an Aeromotive stealth in tank pump as I don't have time to do a surge setup and new lines from the trunk, so on. I'll just drop in the new pump (replacing a tomei pump which I was told wouldn't flow much over 500whp by the tuner...), wire in and go. I just want this thing to run. I've never really enjoyed this car in the last 3 years, it's always been apart really lol.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

• Small sneak peek here, I'll post an actual update with more pictures when I get to my work-home from home-home lol I don't understand cameras too much but I tried everything from an iphone 4 camera to a Cannon rebel T1 and the colour is out a fair bit for some reason. Anyway, the ACTUAL color is a much darker purple (HKS-like). It was not ricer-can painted so it's quite nice in person.

Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Looks good. That will look pretty nice mounted up to. Did you get a bushing kit? If so where did you grab it from?

Also I had the same problem with a couple of my parts like you had described with the color. It's the lighting man. Take them outside and take a picture, you'll notice a huge difference
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• I'll have to try the pictures outside on my next days off.... thanks for the idea! The bushes came from Whiteline and driftworks.

Here's some more pictures!

So, I decided to replace all my bushes(ings?) and go with polyurethane/solid ones. I had sent my rear subrame, knuckles and diff to a shop as I had heard that removing them was messy and time consuming but I decided to do them all rather than most of them.
              So here is a quick blurb about how I did these 2.

Took the biggest drillbit that could fit in the bushing and drilled as many holes around as I could.

Then took a hacksaw blade to cut around the few strands of rubber that were left.

After then center sleeve popped out, I hacksawed a slit in the collar, just need enough to nearly go through it.

The gently pounded a flat blade on one side of the slit where I was able to bend the collar in and popped out on it's on pretty much. Took all of 10 mins for both sides and had a very small mess. No burning or BS.

The knuckles, front lower control arms and rear diff cover were then sent out for powder coating, colors to be released later.

I fitted the new main bushes (polyurethane so I wouldn't sacrifice too much NVH).

I also started mocking up the new arms and axleshafts on the rear subframe but the lower control arms are a little wider (inner bushing to bushing) so I'll have to do some man-handling to install correctly... The solid bushes have no play. Once I get back on days off, the knuckles and diff should be ready so I can complete the subframe.

didn't get to do much else as I had lots of family time to do (and a sick 1 year old daughter is a handful!!)

I can't wait till I can drive it again... Just waiting on the engine and a few other bling parts.
              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 04-15-2012, 10:45 PM.
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Great color combo on the suspension and sub frame man, those are great colors together. Don't know if I would have done them with a black car but hey to each their own. Either way you did a great job. I'm interested to know how much the bushings cost you. Also I haven't driven in a long time either. This year will be a whole new ball game again.
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• i like the color scheme,

what hood is that ?
                  sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• The hood is a crappy fitting seibon (I forget which). It's not latched closed in that picture but does close properly after adding shims and modifying the fromt latch.

Sadly, I don't remember how much the bushes were cause they came in a kit ($1900 for everything). Some of the arms don't fit and some aren't even for a GTR (GTS has different lower control arms) so in the end, I should have went ikeya or Whiteline who by the way, also sell poly bushes.

The color scheme was decided when I wanted to find something to match all the arms (factory orange). Black is overplayed, obviously, and I wanted something that really stuck out when I went under the car. As for matching with a black car, it doesn't really matter since you can't see the subframe unless you're under it. I would have liked red or black but I don't like it when cars have narrow themes (like those people who paint everything from brackets to nuts the same color lol). I like seeing different stuff in different areas. Anyways, I've seen some wild subframe colors over the years, from yellow, teal, chrome, silver, white, blue... never purple and orange lol.

The color is much nicer in person, really. The camera is making it look funny. The subframe had lots of chips and some surface rust so I decided to paint it.... If it was a beater, I'd be happy with rattle can paint but this is my pride and joy so $500 of paint is fawkall when it looks badass IMO.
                    Last edited by NismoS-tune; 04-16-2012, 08:00 PM.
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• wouldn't hood pins, or aerocatch latches have been easier to use than trying to fit the stock latch?
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                        wouldn't hood pins, or aerocatch latches have been easier to use than trying to fit the stock latch?
                        I went the same way to preserve the hood lock and in-car release convenience.
                        sigpic
                        The Beaumont Connection

Comment

• Originally posted by GTR-Dad View Post
                          I went the same way to preserve the hood lock and in-car release convenience.
                          Exactly why I modded the oem hood latch... I do have a set of aerocatch hood pins but I won't use them until I get something fab'd up to use the release too (without having to go unlock them then back to release, I'm lazy)
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            Exactly why I modded the oem hood latch... I do have a set of aerocatch hood pins but I won't use them until I get something fab'd up to use the release too (without having to go unlock them then back to release, I'm lazy)
                            well in my case i was thinking of deleting the release all together and get Aerocatch lockable latches, which solves all problems
                            sigpic

Comment

• I love everything about this car haha
                              FWD=FUCKIN WONT DRIFT /:

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                                well in my case i was thinking of deleting the release all together and get Aerocatch lockable latches, which solves all problems
                                I have a set up Aerocatch lockable latches for sale, never used. They're black. PM if you want them.

Originally posted by TylerMac05 View Post
                                I love everything about this car haha
                                Most people I know say it's one of the nicest looking garage mantles... Will it ever run?
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X