No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make a part out thread for the gtr it would be epic and i just may buy a few things
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Buy a few from my part out, I have lota
      Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Are you selling the car and washing your hands of it all? or just selling the big power mods
        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Swap engines with the gtir!!!

Comment

• Not enough bling in the sr20 for my gtr. What's sad is that the repairs to the new 1200km engine will probably cost more than what the pulsar cost me
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

• Mwhahaha!

This thing is hilarious! Way more fun that the GTR (quite a bit lighter) and is slightly quicker than a stock r32 GTR (pulsar set with just 1.1bar and stock everything else more or less), while only costing around $6k. Pulled away from Evo Xs, STIs, stangs, S13s, 300zx lol sick fun. I might just make this my primary

As for the gtr, we'll see how bad the damage is when the engine comes out. I'd hate to spend big bucks again for something I barely enjoy anymore. Will keep posted if it stays or parts.

Oh poor broken car... lol
              Last edited by NismoS-tune; 10-20-2011, 12:11 AM.
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• man i dont care what you say id give my left nut for your gtr
                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• I hear this thing is getting a billet aluminum block????

Comment

• Originally posted by 67bullet View Post
                    I hear this thing is getting a billet aluminum block????
                    I'm not saying anything about the future and neither should you

So the engine is coming out next weekend. Should be able to tear it down and hopefully find out why it failed, whether it was machining problems, assembly issue or heavy clutch or clutch bearing travel distance problem (twin plate carbonetic). I won't make decisions until I assess the cost of repairs vs part out (eyeing up a new GTR.......). If it's a new block, that's cheap enough, may end up going with a RIPS RB30 IF it can fit under my hood without replacing anything else (doubtful) as I have everything but a bottom end.

I'll have lots of pics this time around and I have more experienced guys helping with the pull (Wingnut, Velders, Bullet, Raj)
                    Last edited by NismoS-tune; 11-24-2011, 09:04 PM.
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Big GTR build round 2

So, my newly built engine failed after 1200km due to crankwalk and so a new rebuild it commencing. Depending on total damage and cost, we'll see if it turns into a part out to make room for the 34 or rebuild and sell as a whole, running car.

Had 4 guys lined up to help but the stars didn't line up so 3 of the couldn't make it due to various understandable reasons (mostly due to being from different towns). With Wingnut and 4 hours of work, the lump sits on the floor, ready for the teardown inspection.

Found a few odd things like some rusty looking dust coating the spark plug area of #1.
                      My that 4" intercooler looks small with a camera!
                      The tranny took a few mins to remove.
                      Will post more pics as the teardown continues. Hoping to find the cause of the failure by tomorrow night so I can go back to my work home and start paying for the rebuild.

This time, the engine is being rebuilt by 'Fastest Lap Motorsport' in Red Deer.

Last edited by NismoS-tune; 12-04-2011, 01:14 AM.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Really sucks about the rebuild. My heart would sink if I were ever in your shoes. That's enough to sway someone away from the car thing altogether, but kudos to you for pushing through.

Comment

• Interested to see the failure pics. What exactly happened? Didn't really notice an explanation.

Comment

• are those original Nismo LM GT4 black edition? or just regular silvers repainted?
                            Double track drift, yo.
                            http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

• The new engine was broken in and brought to the tuner (1200km) to finish up some work and get a bit more power. A week later when it was ready to tune, they noticed the engine would drop idle from 900 to 700 when the clutch was pressed in. The crank was moving out as much as 3mm (tolerance is 0.1 I think) sign of failed thrust bearings, the crank pulley moved. The engine ran and car drove fine otherwise but it was stopped there and towed away so no chances of further damage could be taken. Crankwalk is what they call it. So I'm rebuilding it again but not until the cause is found. Hopefully I don't need a lot of parts to repair it.
                              The bearings used were Nismo RRR but I doubt I'll go with those again. Most likely tomei or cosworth.

Xeno-vibe, tough to tell what they are eh? They're $400 Rota with "$2400 nismo stickers" lol
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• was it a machined r32 crank or a brand new r34 crank ?

would any of the piston/pin/conrod be damaged?

i really eager to see this car running, its an awesome project and you deserve mucho seat time in it
                                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Working...
                                X