No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll let Stune explain what happened, just to update the thread a little here's a couple pictures of the car in Red Deer. (Text me if you want me to take them down Stune)

I've got pictures of the car he is looking at buying but I'll leave that to be a surprise
    Originally posted by Z-Tuned
    Next question is: should I stroke it??
    Originally posted by Wingnut
    Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by cschepp View Post
      Bummer man. Ya I know how you feel too man. My car has been off the road 3 years and nothing to show for it yet. I you decide to sell I would be interested to know what you would want for it though
      Price? I've go $60k into it, excluding labour. So it wont be for sale as is since most people buy cheaper ones.

What happened to the first engine you ask? It had 165 compression across the board, no leaks, nice and strong. Couldn't get a tuner to make real power on it cause it was an old car and stock bottom end which is why I only got 300whp. I wanted over 500whp reliably so I pumped lots into it so I wouldn't get the "it won't handle the power you want". Now its my tomei fuel pump and eagle rods that are not rated high enough so I'm changing some stuff. Thinking about one of those new Holley pumps and Carrillo rods.

I'm then going to expect 600whp on 94 which is doable on this setup. That's if I don't part out first haha. We'll see this winter.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

• Wow so your last motor just shiiiiit the bucket? That would be aggravating. Spend that much money and have something go wrong.
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Don't sell it! Your cars so nice and do you really want to give away something you've put that much work into? That cars basically a part of you, and think of the potential it has! Its going to be an amazing machine when its done and your gonna be so happy you kept it

Comment

• I know someone that's selling Carrillo rods.

I hope you keep it, I really hate to see a nice car being ripped apart.

It's a shame that engine didn't last, really feel for ya.
            14 VW Jetta TDI
            05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
            95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
            95 240sx ( powered)
            89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

• Ditto that. Sorry to hear it buddy.
              Give me a buzz if you want to vent!
              Dan
              sigpic
              The Beaumont Connection

Comment

• Wait, i dont get it?? The motor is toast?? I read through the last bit again since i've been off the boards for a while.. Are you saying that your rods and pump aren't going to make the power you want, or failed you on the dyno/road?

GTR project subcategory is full of heart ache.. Sorry to hear all this man.. Hope you and the fam are doing well otherwise!
                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Dan,

I know how you feel about your car now that I seen it. Didn't know it was still down. I'm sure it'll come back stronger!!

Marc, it's not that the rods aren't strong enough but aren't expected to last I guess though Eagles are good to over 1000hp on most other cars lol. The engine isn't completely toast, just the thrust bearings I'd guess thus far but till it's completely torn down, I won't know for certain.

I think I installed the wrong throwout bearing carrier that came with the clutch rather than mine. The clutch came from a GTR but the seller's kid installed it in his GTS, blew up the clutch discs and sold it to me for cheap. I'm guessing I received the GTS carrier rather than the GTR carrier which may be too long, causing the crank walk. What I SHOULD have done is swap the bearings and keep my carrier.

I hope this is what happened and not poor thrust bearing clearances... If this is the case, the I'd just need new bearings, maybe a crank/rod inspection and ball hone before reassembly and running again. Sadly, the machine shop I want to use wouldn't be able to see it till winter.
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• I see you're running an accusump also?... I never heard of any other GTR with one. lol Where did you mount yours, and what size?

Edit: Nevermind....I see you had the same idea as me. lol....You can fit a high pressure 3 quart in there though if you ever want to go bigger. Also, I mounted all my lines (tees/pressure sensor/temp sensor/check valve/JIC fittings) on the bottom of the rad support. I just used ugly pipe fittings because they're like 5% of the cost of AN or JIC hose fittings, and they're hidden under the accusump, and between the intercooler and radator.
                    Last edited by christdeyoung; 07-30-2011, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• Accusump is a cheap assurance for me. Also brings my oil cap to just over 11 liters it is set up for prelube also (like most others) and contolled by the ecu. I run just over 8bar oil pressure at wot so it was a must to have.

mines in the trunk, the minor extra weight of sexy AN hoses is nothing compared to the weight distribution benefits I've gained vs them being in the front, I'd hate to get a rock cause damage...

You'll always find someone else with similar mods. Accusump are a good thing. They just cost money.

Thinking back, I shoulda have spent the extra few $k and go dry sump rather than doing every other possible oil mod (I think I did anyway)
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Small update. I found a car to fill the void of this failure. It feels quicker (but tops out at 190 or something), has AWD and is turbo. A nissan at that too

I'll post pics soon. It's going to be fast and not cost $60k I'm going the cheap way this time so I don't waste money like the gtr.

Heard of some of these being quicker than new GTRs at autocrosses with few mods done lol.
                        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• I'm goin to say a gti-r. They can haul ass
                          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• gti-r!
                            03 lancer dead
                            68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                            05 chevy silverado L33
                            2010 crv Wife's ride
                            1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• Erm....

Comment

• Funny Bullet, I forgot you snapped a shot before coming for a ride lol.

Well, it's not pretty like the GTR was but way more fun as it's lighter and short wheel based. Sadly I won't be doing too much to it as I'm currently juggling 2 mortgages living in red deer half the year now) and the vehicles so I'm eating craft dinner

I don't think there will be a build thread since it's not a GTR but I'll kick around and continue selling my gtr parts.

Chris, I hope you get a good set of winter tires this year so we can go rally haha, the Evo 3 are faster but I'll try too keep up.
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X