'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
    was it a machined r32 crank or a brand new r34 crank ?

would any of the piston/pin/conrod be damaged?

i really eager to see this car running, its an awesome project and you deserve mucho seat time in it
    Was a new R34 crank. As for damaged rods/pistons, who knows. Head isn't off yet so we won't know what for a few weeks. I didn't do a compression test before teardown since it only had 1200 km but I am most likely changing pistons, rods and bearings (maybe crank too) to something better (currently has CP, eagle, RRR bearings).

I traded my Loaded block for a (scuffed cylinder) bare N1 but really, Might end up changing the block too depending what the findings are and budget available.
    Last edited by NismoS-tune; 07-15-2012, 12:44 AM.
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
      Xeno-vibe, tough to tell what they are eh? They're $400 Rota with "$2400 nismo stickers" lol
      Wouldn't be the first time i've seen non originals repainted to look authentic. They were original Rays and they still produce them in silver so it aint hard to replicate.
      Last edited by Xeno-Vibe; 12-06-2011, 12:30 PM.
      Double track drift, yo.
      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

• Ya but silver rays still cost more than $600 each. Waste, rota sells for way less and look the same. Anyway, most of my parts are eBay bought or are hongkong knickers but they still look nice, they just cost 1/3
        Last edited by NismoS-tune; 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM.
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Ya but silver rays still cost more than $600 each. Waste, rota sells for way less and look the same. Anyway, most of my parts are eBay bought or are hongkong knickers but they still look nice, they just cost 1/3
          Dont know where you're seeing them but $800-1200 depending on size and offset + Shipping for a set optional Bronze, Chrome Silver and White colors.
          Double track drift, yo.
          http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

• Still sorry I couldn't make it to help out School sucks.

Originally posted by Xeno-Vibe View Post
            Dont know where you're seeing them but $800-1200 depending on size and offset + Shipping for a set optional Bronze, Chrome Silver and White colors.
            He is just messing with you lol they are original special edition black LMGT-4's
            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
            Next question is: should I stroke it??
            Originally posted by Wingnut
            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• All good. I booked early but didn't know about your school.

What's more important is the reinstall, that will be tougher with few people.

They're JGTC Edition

Originally posted by Velders View Post
              Still sorry I couldn't make it to help out School sucks.

He is just messing with you lol they are original special edition black LMGT-4's
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Sorry for my offensive comments, I'm socially retarded.
                Hahaha just noticed this.

Comment

• Head was separated from the block last night and pan was removed. Other than the obvious crank walk from end to end, there is no heat marks, no debris in the oil, no signs of wear or anything.

Also talked with Carbonetic and I have confirmed that I had the correct bearing and sleeve for the clutch. At this point, there isn't much left for guessing. The builder will take measurements and find out if the previous builder had bad clearances or didn't use the correct thrust bearing (is it possible to not even use one?).

Pictures will be posted soon.

Also, dropped the rear subframe again to replace all control arms, bushes and diff with my super jmd tite one. Front sub frame will come out next year now. Thinking about powder coated the frames lol. Stay tuned.
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Will have a few pics of all this madness soon....

Comment

• Back home on my regular 6 days off. Here's some more pictures.
                      The rear subframe was all disconnected (only a few misery bolts and connectors) and removed... again. This time, I'm tearing it completely apart for all around new arms, bushings, new beefed up diff, custom stiffening brackets and paint. While taking things apart, I decided to fit test my Driftworks adjustable arms. The lower control arm will need some work to fit as the dimensions aren't exact matches (out by about 4mm). The rear diff's front bushings also aren't the same dimensions, they are about 5mm taller... The front control arms aren't anywhere close to the same so they can't be used. All parts were purchased new from a group buy on this site for GTR which most turned out to be GTS only...

All components stripped, the sub frame is ready for sandblasting.

Now the front subframe. Since I don't feel like bleeding the brakes again, I simply disconnected the lines and calliper and moved em over. Removed the wheel sensor, unbolted the coilover upper mounts and upper control arm bracket.

After disconnecting the power steering lines, steering shaft coupler and subframe bolts, everything came down at once.

The front subframe was pretty balanced and came down with 1 jack.

I have a small update on the engine from the shop but no pictures. The thrust bearing was worn down pretty bad which also wore into the thrust surface on the crank. The oil pump back plate also too some wear because of this but appears safe to reuse. There was no pilot bushing found in the crank (transmission input shaft brass bushing). So, I'll need 1 new bearing (1 size bigger) and a crank polish.

So, the suspected cause is the clutch adjustment may be out... Since it's an expensive clutch I don't want to simply replace, it will be reused so once everything goes back together, we'll have to measure everything and check clearances/excess play.

Stay tuned.
                      Last edited by NismoS-tune; 01-09-2012, 01:48 AM.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• i'd try taking both rear upper arms off, then fit the lower arm, then adjust the upper arm to fit
                        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Small update.

Since this car is usually on the back burner, there's not much new but I did scoop up a new rear propshaft.

Factory 2 piece shaft.

New generic aluminum replacement shaft.

Not a bad weight loss.
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Nice driveshaft. Mine weighs in at even less at 14lbs. Considering stock is a ton more it's an awesome upgrade!
                            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                              Nice driveshaft. Mine weighs in at even less at 14lbs. Considering stock is a ton more it's an awesome upgrade!
                              nuts!!!

I could only afford the $900 shaft

unless you're using a RWD shaft lol.
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

unless you're using a RWD shaft lol.
                                he is. i think he forgot to give perspective
                                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                                X