No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I am which would explain things. But yes I only paid 500$ for mine and that thing will spin up quite nicely. I know most people think its not alot of gain for the money spent but when you really think about it then is good in so many ways...

- looks awesome
    -save 15-20pounds
    - would make a the engines/trans job of spinning that up much easier.

Great upgrade man.

Have you decided what you'll do with you motor now or are you still focusing the majority of your attention to the gtir?
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• I think I'll fix it back up and sell, without tuning it so the next guy knows it's a 600+whp car that's never seen more than 300whp. Not a 100% certain thing but I'm really close to a ford GT which can be had for close to what I've spent. I'm not gonna get the $70k I spent but I'll get more if it's complete.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

• It's a shame that this has happened. If you don't mind me asking and maybe this is not yet though of but what do plan to get for it? The tough thing is how do you put a dollar value to all the effort you put in. I did this with my car where you dump lots of money and don't get to enjoy the end result. It's really unfortunate and sort of depleating as well. So your not going to enjoy the car at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by cschepp View Post
          It's a shame that this has happened. If you don't mind me asking and maybe this is not yet though of but what do plan to get for it? The tough thing is how do you put a dollar value to all the effort you put in. I did this with my car where you dump lots of money and don't get to enjoy the end result. It's really unfortunate and sort of depleating as well. So your not going to enjoy the car at all?
          Enjoy it? If it goes to plan, a Ford GT will wipe my memory of the 20 year old thing haha.

Who knows, might get it back and enjoy it long enough to change my mind for a few more years.
          Last edited by NismoS-tune; 02-14-2012, 12:23 AM.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• I just know that after all the effort I put into my car I need something along its lines to make the whole thing worth while. It just sucks that you went the distance and got shafted by the crank.

Don't you think you would get more of you parted it? You wouldn't have to invest anymore money and get alot of money out of it.

Either way I wish you the best of luck

Comment

• you will get WAY more if you parted it. if you sell the car complete id be willing to bet you wont get 20k for it. it just doesnt happen in canada regardless of whats in it
              1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Most of the parts that are worth much, wouldn't sell for close to what it cost, even if it's new. Not on GTRC anyway. I've had a few parts in my FS threads for some time and they won't sell. Why would I try to part out all these expensive parts if I'd be stuck with most of the car all the time? I'd rather boot out the old sports car at once and bring in the race car. I do agree that if I was in a country like Australia, it would part out fast haha.
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Hi there I have enjoyed your build...been there done that....where did you get your purple A&N fittings? jengols@yahoo.com thanks James
                  B.U.S (big undercover skyline)

Comment

• lots of options here --> http://pitstopusa.com/c-131710-fittings-hoses.html
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Update.

No update for the garage-stand queen but more importantly, we finally received our kid-carrier (as the murano was written off nearly 4 months ago. So, 3 months after the order went in, the Ford Exploder came in!!! what a sick vehicle, Ford has stepped up their game over the recent years.

So before deciding on this, we thought about the murano again and sad to say, the ONLY good things about it was the CVT transmission which we could live with/without and the nissan tag (nissan's ONLY good looking and rated vehicle to me is the 370z, they're looks have gotten ugly over the years) we've tried everything that was at least a 7 seater from Nissans (pathfinder, sadly it was the least gadgety and no wow factors), GMC (Acadia Denali, excellent vehicle even though it was only a few k over $60k which was acceptable had it been the best choice but it didn't even have a push button start, imagine what else it didn't have), Kia (Sorento which ended up have better safety rating, mileage and more gadgets then the $30k more expensive GM), Dodge (I forget which one, they weren't so great), Mitsubishi (I forget the model, it was no power, flimsy 3rd row seats and basic technology though it had a great AWD), toyota (highlander and the hibrid, disappointing is all I could say on that), BMW (too much bling and cost) we didn't look at any Jeeps, hondas, Mazda or acura MDX (for the same cost, the explorer scored higher, just didn't have the fancy honda badge)

In the end, I'm mega happy, the thing drives real smooth has all sorts of ipod like gadgets, voice activated everything and a beast awd while seating 7 with a decent gas mileage. The only negative is that we couldn't wait another 6 months without a main vehicle for the baby (who turns 1 this week!), and could have gotten the 2013 Explorer in twin turbo V6 AWD!!!!!!! damnit!

Pictures now!

Nice looking in my opinion and not too huge (smaller than a Sequoia or Q45

Lots and lots and lots of cool stuff on the touch screen but it's not bad when you get used to it. Most things can be seen at the wheel too as the whole cluster behind the is an LED screen.

Barely fits in the garage where it's the only space my wife gets for parking as the junk pile on blocks takes up most of the other 25-34ft space

Fun!! It's like a minavan without actually owning one! Thing has more hp than an R32 GTR (though it's slower but still has lots of jam for a big vehicle) and gets us anywhere with good traction...

I still think she should have let me sell the gtr/pulsar and buy that Ford GT they have on the lot but she's right that I'll never get much for those towards a $100k+ supercar lol
                      Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-18-2012, 03:23 PM.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• wow nice truck man.

Comment

• Found a bit of time to work on the car though it's back to work tomorrow...

The rear sub was torn out a few months back and the old bushes were removed at Fastest lap motorsport (didn't have the patience to do it myself). Here's a "before shot".

I also dropped the front subframe and removed all bolt on parts.

The front and rear subframes along with the rear diff/transmission crossmembers, some misc brakets and other small parts were dropped off this morning for sandblasting and custom painting. The color and results will be posted next month when I'm back from work.

On another note, I relocated my battery to the trunk last year but never had a chance to set up a main fuse and distribution block. Here is a quick mock-up of it now. It'll all be bolted down soon enough and cleaned up.

I still have to find a surge tank and bigger fuel pump as my tomei pump won't give me enough fuel. If anyone has some sweet looking suggestions for fuel surge tank, please let me know. No knock off or ebay junk though please.
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• This is on e-bay, but I have the same one and it's a well made piece.

How much power do you plan on making? I went with an OBX pump which according to Dsport's fuel pump tests was good for 680whp at 30 psi manifold pressure or 800bhp hp at 14 volts. At 15.5 volts it was good for 800whp or 950bhp. It's a $200 fuel pump as well, so I gave it a try. I searched and found nothing negative about OBX fuel pumps. I had an aeromotive A1000, might be a good pump but LOUD!

I'm currently running twin Walbro 255s but everything I've read says running 2 pumps is a bad idea. Better to run one properly sized pump. Just going to use one of my 255s to feed the surge tank. Should draw minimal amps with next to no discharge pressure.

A pic of my pump and surge tank. I won't actually have the pump connected directly to the surge, just has it on there for show. It's a really nice quality surge.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• thats a big risk man.....u gonna run some china stuff ?......ur fuel system is ur life line u know ...!!
                              All parts sold are no refund/exchange

Honda tuning is a LifeStyle
                              Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
                              Get the dAmn thing rUnning

Comment

• One pump failing means engine quits. One pump failing in a 2 pump system means going lean and potential big time trouble.

Since fuel pumps are generally positive displacement pumps, when they fail the flow goes to 0. I can deal with that. Like I said, have not heard anything negative towards OBX pumps.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Working...
                                X