No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PICS!!!! cant wait to see what you've done!

Comment

Car is looking nice!!! Like the sleek black look!
      03 lancer dead
      68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
      05 chevy silverado L33
      2010 crv Wife's ride
      1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Whoops.... did I post that.....
        Originally posted by Z-Tuned
        Next question is: should I stroke it??
        Originally posted by Wingnut
        Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

ROFL!!! I didn't know you took a picture of my kickass weight reduced dash lol. Still haven't been able to power up the climate control unit. I gotta figure out which connectors are holding me back... I've been lazy with the pictures.....
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

Ok, here's an update. I've been busy at work, at home and on the car so ya. The engine came out and went to Burnaby since it was the only shop of 4 that had prices, ideas and encouragement for my build unlike others saying "you won't make that power" or "just give us the engine and we'll talk prices as we go" or "the parts you're supplying were bought cheaper than we sell them so they can't be genuine, so we can't use them".... Anyways, here's some pictures and info.

shortly before starting the teardown.

Starting to take bits apart.

The mattress is only there to hold up the HKS bumper lol and Velders is drooling on my Rotoras :P

Dropping parts everywhere to stay away from clustering... wish I built a 3 car garage instead.

Sol working on the alternator while wreaking that megaphone yellow sweater

Made some adapters out of iron brackets for gates (lol) so I could use 2 bolts instead of one at each corner, if you get the idea, worked out very well with the load leveler.

Bradon, Mat and Sol pulling the lump (the owner is the camera guy, wtf?)

Had some complications with the inner CV shaft end (the shaft split at the boot...) catching on some of the HICAS lines.

Out comes the lump at a good angle.

Bradon, out of exitement, gives his sign of approval while I'm happy it's out.

The angle of the lift was good but we ran out of height on the hoist so we had to muscle the gearbox out 4-5 inches to get it over the frame rail. What nice -5s and tomei bits!

The tranny was much easier to come out this way rather that what we did on Velder's car with the engine in place.

A nice nismo single clutch was found in excellent condition.

Lots of cleaning to do...

Had a bad angle on the hoist the first lift to it.

The lump is standing.

Eyeing things up for more dismantling.

Ugly 20 year old thing needs an overhaul.

Stay tuned for more pictures and updates!!
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

About time!!!!

And for the record, I dont have a huge mole on my face, that is grease that nobody told me about until later.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                WTF is he doing to your gearbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
                  WTF is he doing to your gearbox?
                  lmao, no kidding, tongue out and all lol

That mole you got reminds me of Austin powers heh
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Started mocking up for the accusump and surprise, it's not going to be easy. The thing takes up a fair bit of room.

The HKS type R intercooler is in the way of where I want the cylinder to go. there's no where else I'd like it to go (or anywhere it would fit) other than the trunk which is too far for this smaller one.

There isn't enough room on the other side as the cylinder is pretty long once it has the valve, press switch and hose connector in place.

I changed the connectors on the oil cooler to 90 degrees and layed it down to gain some clearance for the upper section (the lower section is too tight)

Here is all the extra crap that needs to go with the sump. Supposedly, it has to be mounted at the sump and nowhere else. I'll have to clarify that. The issue is that with all the extra bits, I now need a 45degree connector and need to somehow relocated/modify or get a whole different kind of power steering cooler...

Here is how the adapter at the block used to be.

Now that the 'T' fitting, check valve and the female-female adapter is on, it's a huge stack which will totally be going through the fender if I keep it this way.

So now I'm stuck on this. I'm not sure if I can go through with it this way (maybe doing something wrong) or that I need a 45degree fem-fem adapter (if they make it) or put the T in elsewhere with more chopping and modifying and not have the sump feed as close to the block as possible....

Here's a look at how the HKS type R oil cooler was installed (as per install guide). DIRECTLY infront of the dip stick making it sooo tough to check. Talk about fail.. So it's getting relocated in place of the battery, somehow.
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

the HKS type R intercooler kit is a different story. It came in as a kit, but only includes the intecooler, NO piping........ There's no install guide and custom mounts/brackets so it's gotta go in last where I can get it just right with the piping and drill where needed. judging by the 4" size, my front bar will be chopped and my nice hks bumper will be chopped into fuglyness... I'll post picks once I figure out how to install the dumb thing.

HKS is nice to look at, very good performance but horribly prices, very little company assistance or part explanation when buying and poor install guides if any.

More and more parts come in every week but some had huge delays. I still have to buy a few more bits though I can't seem to get pricing for some of it... anyone have front fender liners to sell? I don't care if they're new or used, just need intact ones.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

interesting to see how your locating all that stuff.

Looks good tho. It should all work out but I do agree about the HKS stuff, some of it just could be a little better in some ways.

Im running a 1.6Q accusump. Mine is located inside the car tho. Ill prob be smashing the front end up so less **** up front the better for me.

Thats a lot of fittings your running tho.

Id say toss the oem cooler and run some other type of trans cooler. The oem one is goofy sized and doesnt really do too much.

Looks sweet tho! Keep it coming.
                        ALLEN PETERSEN
                        Number (604) 961-2449
                        4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                        RB30`s for sale!

Comment

You're talking about the Oil cooler (water to oil one at the sandwich plate) or the power steering cooler) to get rid of? As for running the sump inside, my wife's rules are, 100% streetable interior lol so not funky stuff inside
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                            You're talking about the Oil cooler (water to oil one at the sandwich plate) or the power steering cooler) to get rid of? As for running the sump inside, my wife's rules are, 100% streetable interior lol so not funky stuff inside
                            I was talking about the ps cooler. But you could toss the oem oil cooler as well to clean things up. I never run those nasty things. You already have a more efficient aftermarket one anyways so that thing is pointless. It gets rid of two coolant hoses too. Then you can get a ratchet in there easier to remove that top starter bolt that is a pain. O even better, I weld a bolt to the top bolt for the starter so all I need is a stubby ratchet wrench and gets it off in 2 seconds for fast removal at the track when the clutch or trans goes boom. Just another idea I guess.

what size is your accusump.
                            I ran with the moroso unit. Looks about the same as yours in size. Also, is that a pressure switch you are running in line.
                            ALLEN PETERSEN
                            Number (604) 961-2449
                            4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                            RB30`s for sale!

Comment

that looks nice franc, that oil cooler's on my list too. what are you going to do about the dipstick?
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by jdms13rhd View Post
                                I was talking about the ps cooler. But you could toss the oem oil cooler as well to clean things up. I never run those nasty things. You already have a more efficient aftermarket one anyways so that thing is pointless. It gets rid of two coolant hoses too. Then you can get a ratchet in there easier to remove that top starter bolt that is a pain. O even better, I weld a bolt to the top bolt for the starter so all I need is a stubby ratchet wrench and gets it off in 2 seconds for fast removal at the track when the clutch or trans goes boom. Just another idea I guess.

what size is your accusump.
                                I ran with the moroso unit. Looks about the same as yours in size. Also, is that a pressure switch you are running in line.
                                I have no problem chucking the oem oil cooler but the power steering cooler is needed, no? I don't have Hicas and it's completely disabled and gutted however I use my power steering pump's secondary stage to feed the cooler. If I get rid of the oem oil cooler, do I need to cap or plug what it mounts to? As for the accusump I it it's 1quart or 1.5, can't remember and it doesn't say it on there. I'm having a tough time figuring out where to put the dang thing.

It has a pressure switch and electric valve so it's used for prelube along with under pressure protection. It's the only way to do it.

the dipstick...... I dunno, bend the shaft and have it go elsewhere.
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X