'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
    I'm sorry what? You're curious why I stopped my build? Ask Z-tune why.
    I thought they took care of everyone before they closed down for good ? you mean Z-Tune the shop right ?

Comment

I can't say details other than I sent it Feb 4th and have yet to receive it. It's now a tough task to get a hold of someone to get this complete...
      Last edited by NismoS-tune; 07-30-2010, 09:25 AM.
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
        I can't say details other than I sent it Feb 4th, paid in full (long block, not the stock kind) and have yet to receive it. It's now a tough task to get a hold of someone to get this complete...
        Man....that sucks.
        I hope everything works out. I know it's not cheap to build a motor and to have it stuck somewhere with no recourse or info would suck.

Comment

so, did you end up fitting the Mishimoto shroud after all?

i tried this weekend and had the same fitment issue between the Mish shroud and the Koyo rad, same as you
          but before making any modifcations, i tried fitting them both together on the car, its obviously impossible to fit them because of the power steering/hicas hoses
          so i trimmed my OEM shroud and made it fit like a glove, tight, but it doesn't touch anything
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
            so, did you end up fitting the Mishimoto shroud after all?

i tried this weekend and had the same fitment issue between the Mish shroud and the Koyo rad, same as you
            but before making any modifcations, i tried fitting them both together on the car, its obviously impossible to fit them because of the power steering/hicas hoses
            so i trimmed my OEM shroud and made it fit like a glove, tight, but it doesn't touch anything
            Francois, to understand right, you didn't use the mish shroud and went back to OEM shroud/fan or you meant to say you trimmed the mish shroud. The power steering line will be an issue on most after market electric fans. There are some options to make it fit but it's all about modding.

I might just sell the Mish and koyo to go for FAL and ARC. Since my car is low priority, I have lots of time to think about it...
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

yeah, sorry, i ditched the Mish shroud and went back to OEM
              after some research, i came to the conclusion that for some reason 95% of people running the Koyo rad keep the stock fan setup but without the OEM shroud, which to me is just pointless since it took me about 2 hours to make it work (repeated trial/error)

i quickly tested the Mish shroud with the stock rad, and it would seem to work, since you can slide the fans on their support, and literally jam one fan between the rad and p/s hose

anyway, if you want to keep the koyo rad, i'll post in my Build thread exactly what areas of the OEM shroud need to be trimmed, using only a dremel
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Update. Engine still at Monkeynutz dealing with missing bearing, for some time now, awaiting assembly. Priorities have changed and now it's a sitting heap of "do I still care"?

We are happily expecting a baby now, on scheduled as planned (the car is 7 months behind schedule now so it's off till winter).

Decided to scoop up a 1990 240sx fastback, in TH1 blue as a temporary "sports car" filler. Has a whopping 44,500km and a single cam lol.

At some point I'll get my engine back and resume the build. I'd like to send thanks to Z-tune for happily recieving my engine back in January, though Andrew Monkeynutz will be completing it soon. Stay tuned. Might have some pics
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Congratz on been a dad! Good luck with the engine ordeal.
                  Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

hey franc (nismo s tune) i just read through your entire thread.... i feel your pain with the Z-tune BS... i too had an issue with them last year, i ordered $3000 worth of stuff a week prior to them announcing they were shutting down... *sigh* i got all my stuff in the end but it wasnt exactly what id ordered... i worked it out anyways though...

listen bud, don't give up... i really like the goal you had for your car, every one of us has run into road blocks along the way, and its perseverance that will lead you to success. just take it slow... theres no reason to rush through this, take your time and enjoy it as much as possible.

good work so far, do you have a plan at this point?
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• with a pregnant wife at home and other projects floating around, the plan at this point is to recieve engine, do an inventory and possibly part out all the A/M stuff and install all OEM with OEM engine to sell the car or keep the engine and few parts for a Stagea build maybe. There's is a slim chance that I'll keep it as it's been so long of delays that I've lost the taste. We'll see. The finances are there but the thrill may not be. I've come to realize that these cars are hasbeens and there's MUCH MUCH better for less money.

I'll post as I go through the moves.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                        We are happily expecting a baby now
                        Damn Franc, you really do have a bunch of projects on the go! Congrats though man! We'll have to get together for a couple guiness soon before you ACTUALLY get busy heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by 67bullet View Post
                          Damn Franc, you really do have a bunch of projects on the go! Congrats though man! We'll have to get together for a couple guiness soon before you ACTUALLY get busy heh.
                          Hey thanks Chris, I've been uber busy getting everything ready and working extra, which is why I haven't been able to come out and play lol. Winter will be quieter I hope!
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Andrew is completing my engine as we speak so props to him for not letting me down and dealing with another company's issues. That being said, we can't go with only 1 car (pregnant wife needs one available at all times) so I found a 1990 240SX with 44,500km on the clock, Dark blue color. She insists it'll be for sale once my car is back on the road lol. I've most likely forgot a few things but I'll update as I go. Hoping to have the engine back soon so I can start assembling everything before the baby comes and takes most of my free time and extra funds away. With the wife's pregnancy has come reduced mobility and the truck being taller and manual was becoming an issue so we decided to get a more "Family friendly" vehicle: Enter a 2011 Murano SL.

We've been busy getting the house ready for the baby and have honnestly had very little time with the beast, partly thanks to the 240sx keeping my thoughts from it.

SO, MORE PARTS CAME IN UPDATE: DECEMBER 4TH 2010. READY TO GO ON.

-Deleted
                            Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-11-2011, 04:49 AM.
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• why so many doubles?doubles?
                              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                                why so many doubles?doubles?
                                Huh? I put that up at 11pm so I could have been tired and had doubles... Point them out if you see em lol. Thanks. Unless you mean something else?
                                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X