No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also you won't notice the glare much. Its black, it absorbs a great deal of light! I never notice it in my car at least.

Although, if youre keen on a matte or dry finish weave, I'll gladly do another one up for you. I could always resell that particular one if that's of interest to you?

The thickness is good though?
    Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 02-22-2011, 02:34 AM.
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
      Haha it's rare people ask for matte interior trim!
      If that's the direction you're going, I suggest 400 grit, light wet sand evenly, then follow that up with a 1500-2000 light wet sand. Gives it that matte finish.

I'm sorry I didn't ask prior to shipping it out, just like I said, i rarely get the request for matte interior pieces! Buy they are available.

Looks good tho! Otherwise
      DAMN! thats good customer service... that was a whole 38 minutes after I posted my original comment... hahahah epic service award goes to...
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Lol, thanks Josh. But i know what it's like being on the other end of the stick, and getting something you're not entirely pleased with is never a good thing. I've just updated my site now to incorporate the 2 different "looks", gloss clear coat vs. matte finish. I'll need to specify more as to what the person is ordering and that we offer both types of finishes.

Again, sorry Franc. But i hope you're happy with it! If you dont want to tackle any of the sanding, i'd gladly send you a matte finished product. Otherwise, i think you'll find it's really not as bad as you think. Like i said, i rarely notice the glare from the CF itself, moreso the gauges themselves. But at any rate, the offer still stands!

You can see the two varieties here;

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
          Lol, thanks Josh. But i know what it's like being on the other end of the stick, and getting something you're not entirely pleased with is never a good thing. I've just updated my site now to incorporate the 2 different "looks", gloss clear coat vs. matte finish. I'll need to specify more as to what the person is ordering and that we offer both types of finishes.

Again, sorry Franc. But i hope you're happy with it! If you dont want to tackle any of the sanding, i'd gladly send you a matte finished product. Otherwise, i think you'll find it's really not as bad as you think. Like i said, i rarely notice the glare from the CF itself, moreso the gauges themselves. But at any rate, the offer still stands!

You can see the two varieties here;

http://nelsonmx.wordpress.com/services/
          Marc, good to hear you're one of the guys that are after customer service first I'm a bit worried it's too flashy for my dull interior but my wife seems to like it. I'll see what it looks like in the car. I'd hate to make you do it again and ship more stuff around. I'll try to see the "bright side" of it
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
            Marc, good to hear you're one of the guys that are after customer service first I'm a bit worried it's too flashy for my dull interior but my wife seems to like it. I'll see what it looks like in the car. I'd hate to make you do it again and ship more stuff around. I'll try to see the "bright side" of it
            Saved by the wife..... :P haha
            Maybe after the gauges are mounted, it will grown on you but honestly, if you don't like it, we'll work something out!
            Also, like i said, if at any time you want to 'convert' to matte, 400 wet, followed up by a 1500-2000 wet grit sand paper will sort it all out.

See how it is! Takes 5 min to sand so at least you'll know which is best

Glad you like it though!

Comment

• Sadly, I'm getting hooked on CF so I'm thinking I'm going to buy more stuff. PM me if you got anything more for interior as I didnt' see any on your links.

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
              Saved by the wife..... :P haha
              Maybe after the gauges are mounted, it will grown on you but honestly, if you don't like it, we'll work something out!
              Also, like i said, if at any time you want to 'convert' to matte, 400 wet, followed up by a 1500-2000 wet grit sand paper will sort it all out.

See how it is! Takes 5 min to sand so at least you'll know which is best

Glad you like it though!
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Alright, got a few days off so I went at the car a bit more. Finished the R33/R34 GTR brake master cylinder install, cleaned, repainted and refitting brake booster. Brakes are done other than fluid fill-up and bleed.

Started routing the Defi gauge sensors around the engine bay, some of the cables are tight on length so I'll have to choose a good location for the controller which I'm still unsure of...
                Replaced all my 20 year old coolant hoses with some fresh OEM ones. Sadly, when I spent $350 on "under plenum" hoses, I figured I'd get the air/intake/vacuum hoses beneath there too but I was wrong Need those now.

Ended up deleting the OEM oil cooler after all as I didn't have enough room for Mr. T and friends (see pictures below for that). The HKS oil filter relocation block has both oil temp and pressure taps however they are so close together that the only way to get both sensors on is to either use extension adapters to move the pressure sensor away or a 90 degree adapter to move the temp out of the way. For now I left the oil pressure transducer in the lower HKS adapter.

Don't mind the mess, I cleaned up a while back and then started taking more stuff apart and then things got moved around and scattered again lol

And now Mr. T, wtf will I do with you. This thing has been a head scratcher for some time now. Can't seem to decide on how to run it.... It's the intersection for the accusump.

Anyways, I have an idea now so I'm ordering a few more earls hose ends and may end up using a short piece of hose between the block sandwich plate and Mr. T. Will see if it works any better... At some point, I'll need a shutoff/ball valve and install it in the accusump line in case of isolation/service needs.

That's about it for now. Going to tackle the nismo air-oil separator tomorrow maybe, amongst other bits.
                Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-04-2011, 01:06 AM.
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Mr T. Lol.
                  That's a SERIOUS junction of fittings! But yea, can't get away from that unfortunately..

As for interior parts aside from DIN plates, we do center vent gauge pods and door sills! Also rear speaker deck in carbon, and firewall cover for back seat delete... If theres anything 'special' you want, feel free to ask Anything can be done!

Builds coming along nicely. That was 350$ for those chrome lines? Hmm

Comment

• thanks for the props Marc!

$350 for the steel pipe are and the cooling hoses only lmao....

I'd like to see this center went gauge pod however, won't the gauges heat up if you turn the heat on? (yaya turn it off lol) or is there a blocker?

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                    Mr T. Lol.
                    That's a SERIOUS junction of fittings! But yea, can't get away from that unfortunately..

As for interior parts aside from DIN plates, we do center vent gauge pods and door sills! Also rear speaker deck in carbon, and firewall cover for back seat delete... If theres anything 'special' you want, feel free to ask Anything can be done!

Builds coming along nicely. That was 350$ for those chrome lines? Hmm
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                      thanks for the props Marc!

$350 for the steel pipe are and the cooling hoses only lmao....

I'd like to see this center went gauge pod however, won't the gauges heat up if you turn the heat on? (yaya turn it off lol) or is there a blocker?
                      That is INSANE lol. You just had to opt for the bling factor eh..

Here ya go;

Brian V8 posted some pics on my facebook page of his as well..

All mounting instructions are there as well.

Heat really doesn't affect them, but if youre concerned, the easiest solution to date is tape and cardboard :P Cut a piece of cardboard to fit the ducting behind (1 rectangular opening) then use tape to hold it in place. Diverts air to the side vents instead.

Comment

• Oh and Franc, if you're interested in placing another order, take a look here first!

Now you can tell me BEFORE i ship it out that you want matte hahah

Comment

• Wasn't about bling, it was about replacing 20 year old crispy hoses I can't easily reach. C-unit sold them to me and that was the price
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• 1 last update before I go back to work I guess.

Got the alternator mounted and started mounting the power steering pump so I could measure my new belts. I've also modified my power steering system and thanks to the intake hard piping, relocated my reservoir so now I'm measuring for new hoses there too.

Mocked up the HKS intercooler and surprise surprise, I need to cut off the OEM IC mounts and it's 2 inches into my bumper, so rather than trying to cut that all up and fitting it on now, I decided to "cut scope" and install that later on as I just need to get this running by April 15th ( Turn key date).

Finally opened the package for the ignition coils (11 months after receiving them lol) and got them fitted. Sadly, these coils have some extras on them and the custom bonding bar (grounding) won't fit so I'll have to sell it. I've still got good continuity throughout the mounting brackets which is fine (since the coils don't use the brackets for grounding anyways).

Started opening the control arm kit and there's bushes missing. More so, they were included in the full arm kit
                            Last edited by NismoS-tune; 03-11-2011, 04:52 AM.
                            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Cmon days off! Need to get back at this! Decided to clean up the thread for personal reasons lol. I realized I've said too much so the parts lists are gone.
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• paranoid or what? lol
                                03 lancer dead
                                68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                                05 chevy silverado L33
                                2010 crv Wife's ride
                                1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Working...
                                X