No announcement yet.

Project mexi skyrine ver.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damnit truth I guess they are built there but there's a few personal reviews of guys running them and loving them. Dwest guys building cars is half a joke. Holset is probably your best bang for buck. Plus worst case scenario rebuild is pretty cheap.

Best of luck man, hopefully meet up with ya at a spec D event.
    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Ya I'm liking the holset. Response is decent. I just love how as soon as I get around 5000rpm in 2nd it's all tire. 1st is zero traction haha. I need to get rid of som camber so my 265's sit a little more flat.

Should be even faster with better response after the final tune.
      Last edited by RWD_GTR; 10-27-2011, 11:51 AM.
      RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

• Yea better to have to only tune in your suspension rather then have to retune your car/ switch out turbos.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• What a TWIST!

huge winter update to follow in the next week or 2.

RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• Why you build 2 gtrs :P? One drift one street?

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
              Why you build 2 gtrs :P? One drift one street?
              you will see
              RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• I lyk ur style sir.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• so supraclean its not 2 cars. im moving all my favorite stuff over to the new chassis. reason being:

car had mass amounts of hail damage.
                  when i pulled the fenders one of them split apart from too much rust and the other i found out the quarter panel was entirely made out of body filler.
                  and had a vin issue. i needed a clean and clean titled new body. hence the new car.

so me and my cousin lost our heated car shop. so i had to make the garage at my house bearable in this stupid cold weather.

for now i got some poly and did the entire ceiling and picked up this handy little propane heater. it stays around 8-10 Celsius inside. not bad for no insulation. yet.

so on the way home bringing the new car back it snowed like 3 inches and made a mess of the car.

so i decided before working on it i wanted to clean it up so i dont turn black leaning over it
                  (the thing on the rear bumper is a come-along. we had to use it to get it into the garage)

so the n1 hood lip had TONS of glue and **** underneath. took it off and cleaned most of it off. im gonna keep it off. i think they look dumb.

i also took alot of pics of the parts for sale. look for my thread if you need some gtr body parts or suspension parts.

winter plans:

fix body and repaint with green. was gonna do red but im liking the green. lemme know what your guys opinions are.
                  take out rear end and replace with z32 one. all a/m bushings and arms.
                  paint EVERYTHING! i dont want rust or pealing or scratched paint anywhere.
                  install my other wheels, coolio parts and motor.
                  install my origin rear bumper. buy origin sideskirts.
                  RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• Gotcha, yea dont see green very often im sure you will make it work.

I say do engine bay same color as body. extend your wheel tubs Orgin sounds good.

-paint subframe with am bushings arms
                    - hydro ebrake

PBM max angle kit up front:P

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• i agree with the paint in engine bay. thats the first project

wait does pbm sell stuff for gtr's?? z32 is the same. if so i will for sure.
                      RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• Yup PBM can mod your knuckles/ LCAs. 7mm rack spacer + S14 Oem outer tie rod + Ikey forumla S14 inners

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
                          Yup PBM can mod your knuckles/ LCAs. 7mm rack spacer + S14 Oem outer tie rod + Ikey forumla S14 inners
                          ever seen a gtr lca? they are a cast iron bar lol. i dont think they are "moddable"
                          RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• I thought you had Z32 front LCA? Or just knuckles? I ment Z32 if you have it.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Also they only "box" in your LCA the mods are just added to the knuckle. They dont hack/ reweld anything. Only add.

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• i could only use the knuckle part if i did. thats the part thats the same as Z32. control arms are unmoddable. but thanks for the find. didnt know i could even get them. funny because 99% of z32's and gtr's dont drift.
                                RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

Working...
                                X