No announcement yet.

My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great man, i would say get the front lip painted also on most GTR's other then the KH2 Gunmetal or Black, it looks best painted to match the car itself. since your out east get a rust proofing done also!
    1992 BNR32 Skyline GT-R

Originally posted by bignate
    If you are too lazy to search the site for info you are certainly too lazy maintain a 15+yr old JDM car.
    Ass, grass or cash Nobody Rides for free!!

Comment

Another Day punched, The rear tires were toed in bad, when the rear sub frame was put in I new I was removing the rear steer so nothing was put back, so today I finished off the rear steer, The Conceptura Tuning kit is a nice heavy piece, it took the die grinder and a few minutes so the mounting bolts would go in perfect, holes were alittle narrow. So I set them to 11.5" Rod lengths.... No wheel alignments on the weekend...

Finished off the Carpets on the inside, put in seats, the rears aren't in yet, I would like to have the rear seat cover modded to fit around the cage, but I haven't even tried it yet, it may squat in there and look fine, if it doesn't I'll get it done. Still have Lines and wiring to run for the meth, and fuel pump, and accusump. Lots to do.

Backed in after my little ride, the Grid doesn't seem to work. I must have wired it wrong. That's tonights job, find english instructions for the TS Dancer 2.....

This is my favorite angle

Tomorrow, I'll do something else..... Meth I guess.
      Last edited by RhdHybrid; 11-27-2010, 10:21 PM.

Comment

nice build man. Are you gonna put the GTR emblem back on?
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

me and one of the bye's had the same conversation, the GTR is going to make it back on the trunk lid, but I'm going to get a new one, not sure on anything else, I don't like anything that catch's the eye, but the front fender emblems are tradition, so I'll see... If anything makes it back, it will have to be new... LOL.

On the carbon, I have a thing for raw carbon, I'm going to put it all on and see how I like it, I can always have it sprayed after....

Comment

Cars looking really good man, i always talk about painting my car a different color than white but seeing how good urs looks makes me think about just painting it a nice white again! gl with the build dude
            1993 Nissan R32 GTR

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckNorris View Post
              Cars looking really good man, i always talk about painting my car a different color than white but seeing how good urs looks makes me think about just painting it a nice white again! gl with the build dude
              dude, white FTMFW!

so what are the wheels you going for ? model size color?
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

one of those photos of your car better be in the calendar man! i love that one and the one that you got put on your card
                Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

forsure man soo sick, ur visa looks sooo baller! how much was it to get that one ther im with Desjardins and they never game the that option! haha im a huge fan of Red Skylines to tho!
                  1993 Nissan R32 GTR

Comment

I'm jealous. That kinda work is over $6k here
                    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                    lol

Comment

Hi, thanks for all the encouragement!! LOL. With any projects there are ups and downs. The good stuff first.....

1) Good: Rear Seats are back in, they are ok.... I had a upholstry guy stop in and have a look, the rear seat is nothing to do, about three hours and 100 bucks, Then I asked him about re-wrapping everything in leather or leather/suede combo(all Black of course), So I'm exploring options.

2) BAD: 4WD is still not functioning, the reason, 4wd Hydraulic unit was not put back(Bodyshop not familiar with car and I didn't pick up on it in photo's they sent me), so the rear subframe needs to be dropped again. But I have english instructions for the Grid TS Dancer 2.

So other then that, the car is back together expect for the carbon, everything else is under the hood(Meth and Gauges). As I'm offshore again, that pretty much concludes the work on the car till spring. Well there is the off chance I'll be able to get at the car for a weekend.... to get the carbon installed....

@ Frankiman: The wheels are XXR 521 in Flat Black. They are 18" X 10" with a 25 offset. Wrapped in 265/35/r18. I looked thru every wheel/tire size in the wheel fitment thread, felt this was the best size. I'm not lowering it either, and I'm keeping the 4WD to so, these should work out good.

@ NismoS-tune: You were pretty close on the estimate, I payed slightly more(CASH), but on "Paper" the hours alone where 8700, plus 1500 in materials. The pics are **** and it hasn't been cut and buffed yet. I'm letting the paint cure over the winter, then buff, maybe even another shot of clear, just for that ten out of ten paint.... Lol.

So I guess it time to move on to my winter parts list.... Find/Buy:
                      Tubular exhaust manifolds
                      Garrett GT28**-* Twins..... more research needed
                      Tubular Dump Tubes
                      Intercooler with hard piping
                      Intake piping kit.... (Maybe)

Anyone have any thoughts on the above list?

Comment

so out of pocket so far, how much did this car cost you?
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I'm into the car for 9 now. Counting all the parts to fix it, Paint, and frame straightening. I will be into the car for 14 by the time it is said and done....the way I want it.

Some may find this expensive, and say they now for 10 car's for less that are better, but I beg to differ, I now exactly what my car is made of. Absolutely perfect lines, paint, Suspension, and drivetrain. No hidden surpises, they even made custom(Lathed) hinge pin kits for the door hinges, one had slop, so they did both. The kicker was finding the orginal bill of sale from the importer in Leftbridge, ALberta, for $14,000 plus tax and import duties. So I'll have twice the car for the same money.

Comment

dont listen to anyone its worth every penny i would rather do it all my self then go pay 14 for a car i dont know **** about and if they cut corners on something keep up the good work
                            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

i think it will be very worth it in the end
                              it will be much better than a 14k car, well better than it originally was at 14k when you think about it, so yeah twice the car for the same money, keep it up
                              and nice wheel/tire sizing! it'll look awesome i predict, what model of tire did you order?
                              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I'm into the car for 9 now
                                You have done A LOT for 9. A lot of people on here buying parts at MSRP from japan spend 9 on nothing but interior trim and small engine mods. You've pushed 9k a long way. Really great build! Love the route you're going and you're doing it really nice and clean. 14k is going to go even further.

Looking forward to its final debut
                                Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
                                www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
                                Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
                                Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

Working...
                                X