No announcement yet.

My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you pick the veilside gauges up? Did you buy it as a cluster? Very nice set up
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Update #5

I started off the day by putting the Meth control box in the Ashtray along with the Bee-r Rev-Limtier. I thought I took a pic of it but i guess not. I'll take one tomorrow, I then put on the 3.5" exhaust, Sounds nice, considerably louder then the HKS Priest, I'm going to tune on the 3.5" but I'm going to swap them and see on the dyno. Also pic tomorrow.....

So on to something I have pics of, I put the Meth Tank in the trunk

Then myself and da bye's started to strip the engine bay for paint, as this was the only red part left, and well it pissed me off everytime I opened the hood. So it had to be done... One really late night...

The Start

I skipped all the boring parts, like stripping, cleaning, taping, and cleaning, and taping, and priming and some paint......

And this is the finished product, well there is some tape left on the real touchy spots, the paint is still tacky at this point, and it is 4am to..... Time for bed.

The Gauges I found on Ebay for $400, it is a complete cluster, got it off a guy Dino - Japandyno, good guy, good service.

Bed........

Comment

hahah bed..... my favorite part of the post! i love the painted engine bay. id love to paint my engine bay especially since my motor is already out for my build but im too scared to tackle the whole idea of painting. it always seems like so much work
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

+1 for the paint !! thats a pretty good way of doing it ! i am doing it on mine now but striping to bare since engine is out .

Comment

exact same spot i mounted my tank....Nissan must have custom designed that spot for it too its so perfect lol
            gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Update #5

Well I'm running on empty, I was up again at 10am..... This chick messages me and wants to watch a movie.... I think deadly, what a ending to my weekend..... Turns out she was hung over and wanted to cuddle.... Only.... Too Tired.... I went out in the garage and left her to the movie... LOL. I should have just went out in the garage in the beginning...... LOL.

So to the car, the red had to go!!! I love the white!! Even better today. In reality I spent probably ten hours peeling everything off the inner frame rails and fire wall. Taping is the key, spend lots time on this. My "ACE" in the hole was Nason Grease, Silicone and Wax remover in a spray bottle, spray on rag and wipe clean, I went thru probably two rolls of blue shop towels. One roll of 1.5" green masking tape(the best stuff), two cans of premixed bombs in Audi R8 white. Worth the work, Myself and ryan, figured we could pull the motor just as fast as painting the engine bay. But even leaving it in the car, we didn't miss much, acouple of spots I'll have to touch up with the detail brush..

So heres a Pic of it today, all the tape is gone, and the carbon cooling panel ( Fit perfect Charles!!! )

And here is the Ashtry with the Bee-R and Meth Box. (Closed/Open)

And the exhaust

So I'm thinking thats about it for today..... She's messaging my again, might see if she wants to do more then cuddle... LOL. Maybe she'll have a headache by the time I get there....... LOL.

Comment

car looks good man good luck with your lady woes. go get some

Comment

great work! the engine bay looks SOO much better!
                  The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

wheels of steel!

and the cars not bad either
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Update #6

I made it back to the garage again for a hour and finished putting the engine bay back together as much as possible. Removed the remaining turbo plumbing for cleaning.... It needs a cleaning, some for paint, some welding...

Pic of the Engine Bay Assembled and cleaned up abit.

So then after work today I went down to my friends bodyshop and welded in the divider plate in the cast charge tubing "Y". No welding pics, or fab, I was on a time limit... sort of.. but not really. LOL. So heres the pics of the plate finished.

So for tomorrow I'm going to take the Intake Manifold, Valve Covers and Timing Belt Cover and get that all ready to paint. It is coming along, nowhere near "Show Status" yet... But coming along.

Comment

Update #7

I managed to find a set of tires for a decent price, so the wheels and tires are on the car, most of the wiring is done, I put the front lip on that Charles sent me, I must say, it looked like it was twisted abit from the molding process, but it went on with minimal fuss, The lengths are perfect where it meets the wheel arch, Very nice piece, thanks Charles.

So this is a bunch of pics I took when I backed it out of the garage to sweep it up abit.

The Carbon Lip from C-unit

I'm going to get the rear diffuser mounted up tomorrow, can't wait to see it on her.

Comment

looks pretty what wheels are those? i love the look of the roll cage as well

Comment

Pretty sure those are 18x10 XXR 521s

nice build, bringing her back to life! and finally a skyline with 521s to reffer to. always wondered what they would like like on a 32.
                            1992 R32 GTS-T Type M

Comment

darn that looks sweet. looks a little high though. but it looks great with those wheels.
                              GTRC-OG

Comment

Omg that is wickedd!! looks aggressive my friend.

Love the cage as well! Anyway you could give me your measurements for just the back half? PM me pleaseeeeeee!
                                Last edited by bellis_GTR; 05-03-2011, 12:38 AM.
                                Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                                X