No announcement yet.

Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear she's back up and running. Did you install the Power FC? If not you should buy some injectors before you get it all set up, so you won't have to get a re-tune.
    Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
      Glad to hear she's back up and running. Did you install the Power FC? If not you should buy some injectors before you get it all set up, so you won't have to get a re-tune.
      Great tip, Brian. I plan on using the existing injectors but changing all the rubber seals before installing the PFC.

Comment

3 hours to change the alternator, sweet Jesus that seems like forever. Good thing now it will probably outlast your motor so you won't have to do that again.
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Oh okay that's good then. I thought you mean't the existing injectors were no good any more.
          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Put my summers back on today and gave the wheels a good power washing and refreshed the paint on my lugs like my hero Frankiman.

Lugs looking pretty beat up.

Cleaned the lugs with some spray nine and used duplicolor metal cast anodizing paint.

Before

After

Comment

I tried to tackle the downpipe and cat the other week but everything was seized right on and I started rounding off the nuts so I stopped. Only thing to do is to take a torch to it but I really don't have the confidence level to do it. Anyone know of a reputable shop in the Edmonton area that could do it?

In other news, I'm trying to advocate car culture here in Cold Lake and it's slowly picking up. It started off with a few of us young guns with fast cars getting together to go for cruises, but this year we're trying to start a weekly meet in town going on. There's a lot of money and a lot of nice cars here, but until now nobody has actually tried to get weekly meets going. It's funny when we get random people drive by and say, "oh man i've been waiting so long for something like this to happen!".

Also I walked out to my car only to find this on my back bumper. NOT impressed:

Comment

Aw man! Someone love tapped you with a license plate screw it looks like. What a ****!
                Originally posted by kengeroo
                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                ...don't drink and ebay
                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

It's all in the Details

Got my HKS Kansai tow hook today and put it on right away.

The tow hook uses the existing towing points and require the brake duct to be modified.

The hardware is very nice, including a pressure plate to distribute the compression around the stock tow hook.

The hook can be screwed on and off, however the front lip needs to be removed before doing so.

The hook originally came in orange, so I made quick work of that and used the same paint I used on my lugs.

My center caps also came in, and finished off the wheels nicely.
                  Last edited by louis110; 06-06-2012, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Looking good! Glad to see there is some car culture happening up there.

As for the hook, why does the lip need to be removed to screw the hook on? Does it hit the edges of the duct when you are screwing it in?
                    RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                    http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                    1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

• Originally posted by Daryl @ RightDrive View Post
                      Looking good! Glad to see there is some car culture happening up there.

As for the hook, why does the lip need to be removed to screw the hook on? Does it hit the edges of the duct when you are screwing it in?
                      Thanks Daryl!

The tow hook doesn't have enough clearance with the upper surface of the lip to even thread on.

Comment

• but... what lip is that ? that thing is huge!
                        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                          but... what lip is that ? that thing is huge!
                          Looks like a Jun to me!
                          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

• Jun lips are FRP, not carbon.
                            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

• It's a Jun replica lip from C-unit's group buy. I though about going with a Fujimura lip down the road, but after cracking my lip on a driveway and getting a stone chip that dug into the clear coat, I'm glad i only had a replica piece on.

Comment

• 1. Lip is sexy as hell
                                2. Same with the tow hook
                                3. Give me your rims

Originally posted by kengeroo
                                that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                                ...don't drink and ebay
                                '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Working...
                                X