Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    Man! I love the look of your car!!! So well done!
    How are the hood dampers working for you? Ive thought about doing it 100xs but wanted to find someone else who's done it successfully.
    The hood dampers are alright. I bought them off ebay and they work as advertised. You just have to adjust the brackets so that the pistons are at their full extension when installing, otherwise the dampers won't hold the hood up for very long. They're a nice touch but when the hood is latched it's raised up where the ball joints meets with the fender. I thought about shaving down some material but haven't gotten around to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
      Ron! Its been a long time since I've been active here, but let me tell you...glad to come back to this. This car has been the closest to what I will build; swap out the wheels for silver RPF1s. I remember seeing this at Square One in Mississauga a few years back, hope all is well man.
      Rofl, Ryan you may be getting your hope. The shell I bought(that you're part of the chain of ownership, got it from fabio) is going to get 732 paint thanks to this thread, and my desired rims are rpf1 enkeis. I've located a set attached to a 240sx and almost bought the 240 to replace my daily before the insurance said nope no cars older than 15 years. Back to being to poor =-[.

Louis awesome car I'm loving it. one of my favourite threads and one of the reasons I have a skyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
        Rofl, Ryan you may be getting your hope. The shell I bought(that you're part of the chain of ownership, got it from fabio) is going to get 732 paint thanks to this thread, and my desired rims are rpf1 enkeis. I've located a set attached to a 240sx and almost bought the 240 to replace my daily before the insurance said nope no cars older than 15 years. Back to being to poor =-[.

Louis awesome car I'm loving it. one of my favourite threads and one of the reasons I have a skyline.
        Wow thanks! that's very humbling

Comment

• Got some new goodies over the holidays

Whiteline sways and steering rack boot from RD Parts

Nismo Lemans turbos I bought off a member from the FB group. Rebuilt with GPop components, and 360 deg thrust bearing. 0km since the rebuild.

I'm going for a streetable setup and aiming for 450hp: 550cc injectors, bigger fuel pump, Z32 MAFs, boost controller, divided turbo pipe, metal head gasket (still not sure what size), and reinforced head studs tuned on a PFC. I have a list of nice to have items too like poncams, dump pipes, and metal intercooler piping.

Comment

• So I received my turbos in the mail today. They seem in pretty good shape overall, with no shaft play. The actuator rod on one of them though is bent quite a bit. What do you guys make of it? Should I leave it, bend it back, swap my oem actuators on, or get an HKS upgrade?

Comment

• Damn! Nice ron !
              91'- GTR - SOLD
              94'- GTR

Comment

• I'd say someone bent it taking it off, I didn't think oem was adjustable like that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ho-Sik View Post
                  Damn! Nice ron !
                  Thanks bro!
                  Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
                  I'd say someone bent it taking it off, I didn't think oem was adjustable like that ?
                  You're right, OEM is fixed. So I guess swapping it with my stockers is out of the question.

Comment

• Forgot to show these off

Comment

• Yup, I'd just straighten it, I had hks actuators once.... I didn't really know how to adjust them lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
                        Yup, I'd just straighten it, I had hks actuators once.... I didn't really know how to adjust them lol
                        Lol! I can see myself not knowing how to adjust them either, so it's probably overkill. I just don't want to run into surging issues with a compromised rod.

Comment

• On Valentine's weekend, I treated my baby to a shopping spree at RHD Japan. On order are HPI dump pipes, HKS wastegate actuators, Rocket Dancer gurney flap, R34 aluminum pedal set, and some Nismo stickers. Adam @ Feast also hooked me up with a set of R35 maf sensors and HKS metal intercooler pipes.

Bought these Synapse DV valves from a member here. Piston based BOV that provides super quick actuation for improved on and off boost response. The DV is tunable, using different vacuum port combinations and selecting between push or pull actuation. A little more complicated than it needs to be but I'm excited to see how the car drives with these on.

In the meantime to overcome my GTR withdrawl, I've been doing odds and ends while the car hibernates.

The rear left speaker started vibrating quite badly last year. I finally got off my ass to take it all apart again to tighten down all the bolts and sound deadened the rear speaker shelf top and bottom sides. What a huge difference it made! Music sounds crisper and more focused now.

The leather on my handbrake looking a little worn. I looked high and low for a foam grip to slip over it, but ended up getting a set of bike grips from Canadian Tire. Looks alright I guess. It'll do for now.

These Alberta roads have not been kind to my paint. I took a bunch of panels off to be repainted.

Because of the shitty road conditions, I'm worried about my retarded expensive Craft Square mirrors and got a can of 3M paint protection. It's essentially clear bra in a can. My first time using this product and I have to say I'm pretty darned impressed. It starts off looking milky and splotchy but as it dries and settles it becomes super glossy, even glossier than the part pre-protection. Here you can see the stuff wet, what it looks like dried, and finally the film removed (I sprayed one mirror too thin and it ended up looking all grainy). This is awesome stuff for small custom applications, or behind rocker guards during track days, etc.

Oh and a new license plate
                          Last edited by louis110; 02-22-2015, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Dammit, I gotta order one of those flaps

Comment

• Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post

Thats great!! If I had kept that car it would look almost identical to Ron's here...I'm curious to see what you've done with it! I found a few photos of it when it was in the garage recently, unpainted front bumper and near complete interior
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• mirrors mounted a couple of weeks ago. Found some rust behind the driver side mirror, and made quick work of it with some rust check.

My RHD Japan shipment came in today along with some garage art from "dirty fingers bloody knuckles". Little snapshot of all the parts I have so far.

I'm still waiting for my HKS intercooler piping (been waiting since 27 Jan!) and will need to order a few more odds and ends from RD parts like a 380RS gas pedal for this summer. I'll be continuing collecting supporting mods throughout the summer for my turbo swap.

I contacted the artist and he agreed to make a custom lithograph of my own car, personalized with VIN printed on it. He can put it on pretty much any media like canvass or large poster sizes.
                                Last edited by louis110; 01-19-2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X