Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Skyline Gtr

Here it is!
    bought the car in may of 2010. Whoever owned it in Japan had it built at Garage Saurus and Tuned at Jun. The owner before me bought it and imported it, left it in his garage for 3 years, and sold it to me. The build sheet that came with the car said the crank, rods, pistons, and camshafts were all upgraded. As for the turbos go, not sure exactly what they are. the sheet says twin GT28RS turbos, but it then says again later down the list, Nismo LeMans turbos. It was tuned by Jun to 527ps at 22psi. Its got an OS Giken twin plate clutch and the sheet also stated that it had a Route 6 transmission(WTF HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS) and i did a search and couldnt find anything named route 6. The whole suspension has been upgraded as well, Ohlins coilover with camber plates, sway bars upgraded, rear strut bar, i also have about a 2.5inch thick bar going across my rear seats floor that im assuming connects the frame together. pretty BA i thought cause ive never seen or heard of one before. then again i am only 18 and have lots to learn.

Anyways, ive pulled the engine, taken it apart and am ready to send it out for a light hone/cross hatch and for reassembly.
    If there are parts that are known for failing, please let me know. My goal for this car is in the 500-570whp range, with a water meth kit.

Comment

nice crank!

Comment

the cranks a real beaut!
        Looks like some wear on those rod bearings.
        The covers look amazing
        -George
        91 300ZX 2+0
        Built RB25 in works, 2 year project hopefully completing this Spring!!
        Ttop to slicktop convertion/slammed and shaved everything/10 point cage/ Fully built RB25/Comp t68tbb/twin tial gates..ect ect

Comment

oooooOOO Full counter crank.. nice. Any idea what brand the bottom end goods are? Doesn't look like the Tomei crank.. Almost looks like the Jun. Is it billet?

Comment

Woah, score!!!!
            ALLEN PETERSEN
            Number (604) 961-2449
            4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
            RB30`s for sale!

Comment

That crank, when new, probably cost more than what I paid for my car :P

Comment

WOW! what a hidden gem... at first I was like, this machine is rough... once you opened up the innerds though i was like: "wooooooaaahhhh"

nice find man, very nice car
                The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

thanks for all the replies everyone. I love to hear that this crank is that nice. The rods and pistons have literally zero writing on them. I might send garage saurus an email and ask where they get their internals from(probably won't get an answer since it was 8 years ago).
                  I dropped the block and head off this morning to get cleaned, balanced and re assembled. When they get the crank out and have it all cleaned, I will go look for any sort of markings on the crank. And find out what kind of oil pump it's running.
                  Arp head studs, tomei gaskets and tomei exhaust manifolds will be ordered this week.

Comment

Last edited by Dakota_gsx; 02-15-2012, 01:03 AM.

Comment

A little research on the transmission gave me these guys talking about their route 6 cross mission gearsets?:
                      http://forums.nicoclub.com/broken-tr...n-t456063.html
                      http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/arc.../t-150547.html
                      http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=65408

Comment

Nice build. Looking forward to more pictures.

Jon

Comment

Comment

Comment

Delivered the block and internals to the shop about 17 days ago. hopefully they will be done with it by the end of march cause thats when i would like to start putting it all back together.
                              i decided to pull the tranny cause its never gonna be this easy again since the engine was out. i also pulled it cause the 1st gear synchro is worn and with the amount of **** im going to put this car through, i would like to replace them. anyone know where to find replacement ones? Would os have some? i did a quick search and couldnt find much on their site. I also want to find out what gears are inside. The sheet says route 6 transmission, but after all, its a piece of paper.
                              Also, the clutch fork boot is all hard and cracked. should i be worrying about replacing this? and if so, anyone know where i can find somewhere that can sell me one?

Comment

Working...
                              X