• Show
Clear All

nice manifold! not full race but I'm sure theyr'e much cheaper
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Just an FYI; raw brokerage says their standard manifold is NLA. Their billet manifold is the replacement. Both are on their site.
      oh hai!

Comment

Quick update. Still waiting on engine parts so I've been working on other projects.
        Sold my old winter beater

Picked up my new winter beater from Calgary

Had to fix a few things but its running good now and way more fun than the Delica haha

Tools I ordered to build my fuel system with all stainless steel hardlines are slowly coming in

Took my headlights apart to paint the chrome part black

Put them in the oven at 300 for 10 minutes and they pry apart pretty easy. Just one small screw to take out on the backside at the outer corner.

Once they're opened up theres a few more screws to take out to disassemble them and then tape them off for paint.

I need new lenses, theres all these hairline cracks so they still look cloudy even after polishing them up

Took my cailipers off too to refinish them but thats still a work in progress

Comment

nice , sweet ride , just get the full race ., **** the rest

i run a HKS t4 manifold , old u would say ya but amazing , sucks they dont make NON wastegate one

good luck on the rest of the build

y u dont work at VEX no more?

is it a good shop?

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
          2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

That GC is a sweet pickup. I miss mine a bunch.

If you're ever interested. We're a pretty friendly bunch (check latest post in thread always for location, we change it up a lot)
            Last edited by quadracer111; 03-05-2014, 11:04 PM.
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyGTR View Post
              nice , sweet ride , just get the full race ., **** the rest

i run a HKS t4 manifold , old u would say ya but amazing , sucks they dont make NON wastegate one

good luck on the rest of the build

y u dont work at VEX no more?

is it a good shop?
              Thanks. I'm still holding out for the custom built manifold. If it ever gets done will be 321 stainless and way lighter than the full race. I don't work at Vex anymore because I moved to SK but its an awesome shop. Nothing but good things to say about about them.

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                That GC is a sweet pickup. I miss mine a bunch.

If you're ever interested. We're a pretty friendly bunch (check latest post in thread always for location, we change it up a lot)
                http://www.westernsubaruclub.com/smf...?topic=28085.0
                Yeah they're a lot of fun. Version 5's were always my favorite looks-wise so its cool to finally own one. I haven't been on WSC forever but I'll have to check out the meets, thanks for the offer man!

Comment

Did you ever get this EFR on? I'm thinking about the same turbo and would love to switch if it still has the same boost threshold as my PT6262 but can flow way more!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleStreak View Post
                    Did you ever get this EFR on? I'm thinking about the same turbo and would love to switch if it still has the same boost threshold as my PT6262 but can flow way more!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
                    Unfortunately I took on way too many projects this summer and the gtr didn't get touched. I'm still waiting for my manifold to get fabricated but other than that I've got almost all the parts to get it back together. I've started a few things but I keep running into dead ends where I need parts to go any further.

I'm planning to get the bottom end back together this weekend and then start the fuel system next week. Hopefully I'll have cylinder head parts by middle of October. Still need a clutch and a few bits and pieces too. I'll do a proper update soon
                    Last edited by sb119; 09-26-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Mini picture "update"

Project Datsuns / part of the reason why the GTR gets ignored

The parts 240z and the sad state of my GTR

The "good" 240z

Projects

Stripped everything out of the trunk of my GTR and started mocking up the fuel system.

Swapped in a Nismo cluster to raise my top speed from 180 to 320 kph

59,983 original km. Not bad for a 20 year old car

Now only 2567 km but I lost half a tank of fuel

Took all my valves out

Found out why I had a few leaking valve stem seals. Guy who built the engine broke pieces off half the guides so oil could leak under the seals. So unimpressed with the builder of this engine. Especially considering it was built by a GTRC member and then sold to another member (before the car was sold to me). So many things were done wrong. Its one thing if its your own engine but if you're claiming to be an "engine builder" and making a profit off selling engines you better know what the f**k you're doing.

On the bright side it ran for 6000km without blowing up and I only tore it apart because it was burning oil. All the machining work seems to have been done properly.

Pic of the offending valve guides:

Last edited by sb119; 03-09-2018, 01:08 AM.

Comment

It's good that the valve guides were broken on top not the bottom. Otherwise the broken pieces would be dropped in the combustion chamber and BANG!!!

I wonder how loud the fuel pump would be. I saw some supra people got their hands on "Bugatti Veyron fuel pump" which is very quiet and reliably supporting 1000hp (obviously). It probably pump as much fuel as two 044 put together. Tempted to try it myself haha (when the time comes)

Comment

Aren't you a mechanic? How come you didn't rebuild your own engine instead of buying the usual pos canadian RB?
                          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by leung23c View Post
                            It's good that the valve guides were broken on top not the bottom. Otherwise the broken pieces would be dropped in the combustion chamber and BANG!!!

I wonder how loud the fuel pump would be. I saw some supra people got their hands on "Bugatti Veyron fuel pump" which is very quiet and reliably supporting 1000hp (obviously). It probably pump as much fuel as two 044 put together. Tempted to try it myself haha (when the time comes)
                            Yeah I got very lucky that this engine didn't blow up already.

I actually bought a Radium Engineering surge tank with dual internal Walbro 400 pumps to replace the 044's to cut down on noise. A lot of people don't like Walbro pumps but I've had good luck in the past with them and since its my own car and not a customer's I'm ok with testing some parts I wouldn't normally use in a build. I've heard good thing about the Veyron pumps but haven't had a chance to test one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                              Aren't you a mechanic? How come you didn't rebuild your own engine instead of buying the usual pos canadian RB?
                              Read through the thread bud. Was in the car when I bought it
                              Last edited by sb119; 12-09-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Been getting some work done on this lately. Here's a quick teaser of what I've been up to. Proper update coming after Christmas. Please excuse the picture quality...

Comment

Working...
                                X