Midnight Purple R33 GTR EFR8374 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Looks awesome! Really clean. Want to see your exhaust manifold too!

Comment

I like radium engineering. I have the smaller tank but have yet to install it..
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Do you consider the use of fuel cooler on return line? Twin 044 generate a lot of heat don't they.

Comment

Originally posted by leung23c View Post
            Looks awesome! Really clean. Want to see your exhaust manifold too!
            Thanks man. No progress on the manifold yet

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
              I like radium engineering. I have the smaller tank but have yet to install it..
              Yeah I'm super impressed by their products. High quality and the price is reasonable. Even came with spare o-rings to reseal the tank if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by leung23c View Post
                Do you consider the use of fuel cooler on return line? Twin 044 generate a lot of heat don't they.
                I considered it but I've found an easier way to manage the heat is only run one of the pumps and have the second one controlled to kick in under high boost. Most of the time only one pump will be running. The surge tank is actually equipped with internal Walbro 400 pumps, thought I'd try out something new.

Comment

I wanted to plumb a fuel cooler in a return line as a solution to my 3 fuel pumps heating fuel (2x bosch 044 and 1 tomei pump) but was recommended to simply stage the pumps via the ECU like sb119 says. I run a fuel temp sensor so if I did see higher temps still, I can easily throw in a setrab cooler but no matter where I put it down below, it wouldn't be super useful. My car is heavier than stock now (even after deleting so much) so I don't need the cooler yet.

Interesting that there's a pump in your surge.

So you have an intank pump, in surge pump and 2 inline? nuts!
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

Comment

Interesting that there's a pump in your surge.

So you have an intank pump, in surge pump and 2 inline? nuts!
                    No inline pumps, just two internal in the surge tank and the lift pump in the gas tank. Even though this is my "racecar" its going to see way more time on the street than on the track. I find external pumps too loud and annoying in a street car so I went with the pumps in the surge tank and used bushings to isolate the surge tank from the chassis to reduce noise.

Comment

Makes sense then. I went with 2 external pumps with rubber mounts so I could use a smaller surge since they take up volume. What size is that surge 4L?
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

Comment

Originally posted by sb119 View Post
                        No inline pumps, just two internal in the surge tank and the lift pump in the gas tank. Even though this is my "racecar" its going to see way more time on the street than on the track. I find external pumps too loud and annoying in a street car so I went with the pumps in the surge tank and used bushings to isolate the surge tank from the chassis to reduce noise.
                        Went with the exact same setup and can second running 1 pump and having the 2nd kick in under boost. Way easier than a fuel cooler which truth be told is probably useful maybe one day a year in Calgary anyways.
                        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Yeah, Ryan (vex) recommended that idea to me too when he convinced me out of a new vipec and into a haltech....

How's the car running hozer?!!?

SB119, excellent attention to detail though, good job and have patience!
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

Comment

How's the car running hozer?!!?
                            It's not lol. Will be this year though, just putting the finishing touches on er now, hopefully have it on the dyno in a month or 2.
                            Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                            hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

I've been super busy lately and haven't had time to update this thread but there's been lots getting done on the car.

This won't be in perfect chronological order and isn't very detailed but here's a few things I have pictures of:

Relocated heater controls to center console (this was about 2.5 years ago lol)

IMAG0618

Sandblasted and refinished my calipers. Used parts from Stoptech, dust boots are made from silicone and are supposed to hold up to heat a lot better than the stock Brembo rubber ones.

The Stoptech caliper rebuild parts can be ordered by caliper piston diameter and are a great upgrade if you spend any time at the track.

Lots of new suspension parts, pretty much everything is adjustable now.

Comment

The fuel system.

Radium surge tank with 2 internal pumps:

Feedline for under the car:

Fuel rail, lines, ID1000's, pressure sensor and regulator:

And here's my art work hidden away in the trunk:

Comment

Working...
                                X