No announcement yet.

Project Modworks Monster R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to keep everyone who doesn't follow me on FB updated, I went to the dyno, got all my drive ability and bottom end stuff tuned up perfect, car is running strong and sounds amazing.

Early on in tuning i developed a couple oil leaks, one from between the oil pump and oil pan that was significant. So we called it a day without tuning boost. We decided to take ti home for a week or two, fix the oil leaks, and drive it around to properly break it in before going back up.
    1992 BNR32 Skyline
    285hp / 220tq @ 15.5PSI On Mustang Dyno 2014-09-22

Current Build:
    Precision 6264 Turbo 1.00A/R
    Tomei PonCam Type B
    Manley Titanium Valvetrain
    CP Pistons / Manley Rods
    Supertec Spline Drive Oil Gears/Drive
    N1 water pump / N1 Oil Pump
    Haltech Platnium Pro
    AEM Water/Menthanol
    Tomei FPR
    Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

May 9th, 2015 made 408whp @ 9PSI

Build Thread
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

• So I havent updated this in quiet a while so I figured it was about time to catch everyone up on the goings ons lol.

So to start off, once the car was finished being built, i did some mild tuning, enough that it would start and drive onto a trailer on its own. It didn't like it much but i worked lol. It might have had a total of 25min run time on it before going to Halifax. So I took the car to the Dyno about 4 weeks ago. trailored it 4 hours to Raven Autosports (best tuner in the Maritimes IMHO). Got it loaded off the trailer and started backing it onto the dyno and noticed it dripping oil that it wasnt dripping before. After some mild investigation, it appeared that my front main seal was leaking, and pretty bad once the car was started. Then we noticed another oil leak at the turbo oil return line. So my tuner fired it up and gave it a quick throttled break in and some basic out of boost tuning. before taking it off the rollers and making me haul it home disappointed and glum to fix it and come back after putting some miles on the engine.

On a side note, we tuned my buddies Mazdaspeed Protege which made 344hp at least one positive of the day lol.

So skip one week, and my front main seal is all fixed and shiny, and my turbo oil return is dry as a bone. I also take this opportunity to upgrade all my fuel stuff that I previously hadn't. So i install a twin entry fuel rail, steel braided lines, and a brand new Tomei Type S pressure regulator. I have put about 300-400km on the engine and its working great. So this time I drive up instead of hauling it. I get to the dyno, strap it down and smile for hours because their is no leaks. After a couple hours of my tuner messing with the out of boost tune more, we realize their is a problem. The pressure regulator is all over the place, it holds 3 bar, then when the throttle is punched it dips, then jumps to 4 bar, then slowly falls off to 3 bar again. So now its realized that my brand new pressure regulator is no good and appears to be stuck open all the time, and gets thrown in the garbage before we order a new AEM (this one can be opened up and cleaned)

So now Monday comes along and my new pressure regulator is installed and working awesome, but the bottom end needs to be re tuned again. We get halfway through that and their is a misfire. So after some looking around and head scratching, we find two spark plugs which had cracked and split. These things were only a week old, but must have been over tightened or something. By the time we found this it was too late to order more and had to wait another day.

Along comes the next opportunity to get the car on the rollers. We get new plugs, install them, start the car, strap it down, and BAM, my water pump gasket (which had not dripped a drop) decided it was tired of being a water pump gasket, and let go. Car pukes coolant everywhere, is unstrapped from the dyno and seriously considered to be burnt.

A week later, a new gasket has been cut, and the gasket has been changed, and the car is back on the rollers AGAIN. This time, the non boost stuff gets tuned without issue, and the engine sounds strong. But smoke can be seen occasionally from under the turbo. It would appear the oil seals in the turbo are toast, and it needs a rebuild pretty bad. Regardless, my tuner goes ahead and finally gets it tuned for what its capable of doing for 2015.

Ladies and Gentlemen....

408hp/269ftlbs tq on 9psi boost revving to 8k (mustang dyno)

Im pretty happy with this number so far. Its super low boost considering im conformable going to 25-30psi. My single walbro 255 FP and 756cc injectors are basically topped out. my fuel pump is at its limit now, and the injectors are close, so my tuner stopped there. Ive mentioned before that Im getting married in August so money is TIGHT right now to say the least, as as much as I wanna get the fuel stuff and get back to the dyno this year, I doubt it will happen. I needed a tie rod end and hicas ball joint for my inspection next month (180$), and need to send my turbo away for a rebuild form precision before my car burns to the ground first. Then maybe, if i can scrape enough cash together I will go back, but i have a feeling it will be a winter upgrade. I still a have a 4wd pump to install, solid diff bushings, and a few odds and ends to fix up in the car this year, not to mention enjoy the full extent of the fun this things gonna be thins year
      1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
      Tomei PonCam Type B
      CP Pistons / Manley Rods
      Haltech Platnium Pro
      AEM Water/Menthanol
      Tomei FPR
      Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/62483-project-modworks-monster-r32-gtr-16.html

Comment

• Thought Id update on things since its been quiet lol. Car ran well all summer, aside from the Atessa system still. Ill talk about that in a future post, but for now ill discuss my winter plans now that its stored.

1.) Send turbo to be rebuilt, as its leaking oil and has shaft play.
        2.) sending IM and valve covers for powder coat.
        3.) mess with exhaust angles, vband the union, and swap the old muffler for an Apexi N1.
        4.) carpet off rear seat section (seats have been removed) too look decent.
        5.) new master cyl (mines leaking)
        5.) Paint.... thinking R33 Dark pearl
        6.) new tune with my 1200cc Inj, attempt for 25+psi

1992 BNR32 Skyline

Current Build:
        Tomei PonCam Type B
        CP Pistons / Manley Rods
        Haltech Platnium Pro
        AEM Water/Menthanol
        Tomei FPR
        Exedy Hyper Twin Clutch

Build Thread

Comment

Working...
        X