Track Machine - 7 years in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Machine - 7 years in the making

I bought a stock 1989 Nissan Skyline GTR R32 (I added the R33 rims). I bought it in 2006

In 2007 I got a job in Europe and tried building the car going back and forth from Europe and Vancouver. The shop that I was working with is no longer in business.

I made some minor mods, coilovers, upper brace, bushings, replaced all hoses and fluids, oil cooler and relocation kit

Then took out the old engine

Stripped the interior

I sold my old engine and put the money towards an R34 Nur Spec 2

Mounted new turbos and put the engine in. I had to get a new starter, R34 crank angle sensor

The previous shop shut down and unfortunately many of my parts were misplaced
    Speed Syndicate in Burnaby, BC came to my rescue
    Greddy emanage was changed to an AEM stand alone set up with a new engine harness and custom downpipe. The battery was also relocated. Speed Syndicate does some great custom work.

Car is currently sitting at Speed Syndicate until track season begins next year
    It still needs a tune which will be done at Racing Greed

Sneak peek of what is to come.....

sexual.

Comment

Looking proper!
      91'- GTR - SOLD
      94'- GTR

Comment

What did you do with the brake lines? Any brake upgrades? Suspension upgrades? Super curious about this build, seeing as though it's happened in my area code!!

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

What track did you build this for? MRP is a little small for the r chassis, the ridge is much more appropriate..

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

saw this car for sale not too long ago. Nice to see you ended up keeping it. I remember seeing a Nur spec engine sitting at takeda enterprises a while back, was that the previous shop?

Comment

Fortunately I did not have to sell it after some tough negotiations with my wife. It has Brembo calipers and rotors. Nismo upper mounts, blistein coilovers and cusco control arms. I also replaced all the bushings. When the car was stripped it was all seam welded and the frame was strengthened before paint. Once it gets tuned I will adjust what is needed from there. I will also have the challenge of finding miscellaneous parts, for example I have no front or rear windshield wipers and I am not even sure if I have the motors
              Last edited by rasppdey; 12-24-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Cool build!

Will you improve your oiling system to your untouched R34 Nur RB26? Ex. oil pump, bigger sump, whatever...

I think it will be good to spend money on them to protect your investment.....

Comment

I just had to replace the igniter as it died and harness as my old one was cracking. With everything that has been done it needs a tune. This will be done at Racing Greed in Port Coquitlam. I would be interested in any feedback or experience with Racing Greed and R32 tunes. I aim to have the car on the road in March/April, ready for the track/Auto x season
                  Last edited by rasppdey; 01-06-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Which diff will you be running?

Comment

Hey Bobbo, I was reading through your thread. Nice work. Currently I have the stock diff on there and I am not sure what I am going to get. I just ordered a set of hks hypermax iv sp' s. I had Apexi N1 coilovers, but the previous shop "lost" them and I found the shop owners old bilstein shocks with some unknown springs on my car. I was out of the country and when I came back the shop owner had returned to Japan. I am discovering a lot of missing parts and have had to start over on some aspects. At least I am back now and can continue the build while I am here. I found my R33 rims on someone else's car and managed to get them back. Curbed and with the rubber all used. Just not right. What wheel and tire size combo would you recommend for track and auto x use?

Comment

New igniter installed

Custom downpipe made my Curtis at The Speed Syndicate in Burnaby

18" Volk racing re30 rims which will be used for daily driving. I will most likely use my R33 rims for track and auto x. The oil cooler lines run to the greddy oil cooler located on the passenger wheel well. The greddy bumper is now installed. The interior now has aem guages as the control unit for my defi guages was lost from the previous shop. It is part of the aem stand alone system I went with as I got rid of the greddy emanage
                        Last edited by rasppdey; 01-11-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I'm using 255/45/17s. New Dunlop ZIIs for the street and Nitto NT01s for the track.
                          I ran the Dunlops the 1st day at Watkins Glen and was really happy with them. They don't overheat and get greasy like the 1st gen did.
                          The NT01s are excellent but need break in time. I found they didn't really start gripping hard until they were about 1/3 used.

The reason I asked about your diff is I've learned that the stock diff won't last long even changing the diff oil twice/year. I upgraded to the Nismo clutch pack and only got a little over 2 seasons out of it. The diff failure contributed to me missing 1st over all at my last T/A.
                          I would recommend a cooler and larger capacity diff cover if youre going to run these types of diffs.
                          I'm upgrading to a Quiafe over the winter. All problems solved.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Bobbo. I have not had the car out yet since I began the build and I am sure there will be some items to address. I did some research on the quiafe lsd. I will wait until mine breaks as I do not have it in the budget this year. Good reviews and looks like a solid product. Let me know how it works out for you
                            Last edited by rasppdey; 01-12-2015, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rasppdey View Post
                              Thanks for the insight Bobbo. I have not had the car out yet since I began the build and I am sure there will be some items to address
                              There will always be issues if you're taking your car to the track. I've learned SOOO much in the last few years but thanks to info on here, some exceptionally knowledgable people I've met at different tracks and a little trial and error things seems to just keep getting better.
                              Best of luck to you as your build progresses! Sounds like you've had a rough go thanks to a $hitty shop. I hate that BS.
                              Last edited by bobbo; 01-11-2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X