Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Tryingtobebest

Here surge tank setup.
    It's nothing baller but its about function for me.
    I think the trunk liners and carpet would make it look better.
    The blue thing on the right is that check valve I mentioned.

Last edited by speedfreak; 12-13-2012, 09:39 PM.
    Favorites
    lucky_cefiro
    you\'re not listening
    entelijint
    stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
    mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
    Originally posted by specialedition
    He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Lol...the funny thing is, for us in the upper power range that want to track, that's a necessity. For a guy with only 350hp, its baller.

Me, I'm a minimalist, just two stock GTR pumps in the tank, hotwired. Even using the stock fuel line. Infini did all that, I was concerned at first but, it works all the way to ~800ish gross hp (83 % duty on 1000cc injectors). Great idea, you have a backup if one pump fails to get you home.

Jon.
      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 12-14-2012, 07:56 PM.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

dyno sheets?

must be ******* laggy wit GT42 R????

865 whp RB32 , R32 GTR , THE LUCKY GTR *SUMMER DRAG BEAST*
        2013 Rams Laramie LongHorn 3500 Crew cab *Daily Driver*

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyGTR View Post
          dyno sheets?

must be ******* laggy wit GT42 R????
          Post 29.

Laggy Shmaggy. Its all perception. As the great Carrol Shelby once said, "if yer sufferan from turbo lag, you ain't drive'n it right". I've had responsive turbos, I prefer my lag machine. Personal taste of course.

Jon.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

+1 for lag...more of a wow factor

Comment

I'm a touch laggy for multiple reasons but the spool, sound and then BAM! smack in the face boost hits like an unpaid hooker.
              R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
              Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

People who like lag are people who hate tracks.
                Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by RABBIT View Post
                  People who like lag are people who hate tracks.
                  Well said. Pleasure vs competition
                  R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
                  Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

What tracks, we got **** out west. And really, unless its completely stupid like coming into boost at 7000, I revert to my previous quote. I have zero lag when I'm "in the zone". I've seen in car vids of supposed "response machines" on the track and they ain't that great. You just gotta be angry.

Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                      What tracks, we got **** out west. And really, unless its completely stupid like coming into boost at 7000, I revert to my previous quote. I have zero lag when I'm "in the zone". I've seen in car vids of supposed "response machines" on the track and they ain't that great. You just gotta be angry.

Jon.
                      You mean you dont live in toronto?
                      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Big Update time.

During tuning on the dyno an oil drip developed after a pull. Not risking anything I didn't make anymore dyno pulls but chose to tear down the front timing belt assembly it inspect the oil drive gear by removing the front crank seal.
                        My suspicion of oil being forced out by pressure past the seal was verified, a crack...

Wow was I lucky.
                        But now what do I do? I new I couldn't just put another pump in and cross my fingers again.
                        There was only one solution.

External pump.
                        Doing some research I settled on a Ross performance wet sump setup utilizing my already modified oil pans external pickup.

Ross who is the owner is a innovator and is continuing to make products for RB performance.
                        Hear are the components as I received them with the exception of the pump bracket which was accidentally not packaged.

The pump drive configuration I chose to use was one that would also run the power steering pump.
                        This was because the power steering belt kept whipping off and after speaking to Ross, he had developed this setup after many Auzzies were experiencing this problem.
                        ++But to run this you must use an R33 power steering pump and bracket.

In retro I should've done this from the start and the factory style pumps are great but alway a concern in the back of my mind.
                        I'm using a trust filter block with Tstat and a cooler which I'll get some pictures of ASAP. But for now it's back up and running and we are gonna wait till spring temps to continue tuning.
                        Stay tuned!
                        And a HUGE THANX to Vlad,Stan&Ted of Pur Auto
                        I can't stress to anyone that these guys know there stuff!!
                        Favorites
                        lucky_cefiro
                        you\'re not listening
                        entelijint

Comment

Looks great man I have been looking at that kit aswell, let us know how it goes. Looks sharp!
                          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

How much did that kit set you back?
                            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Considering I got a race balancer with the kit and I also added a trigger wheel to the balancer which upped the cost and some extra belts and pulleys it cost me about 2900$.
                              If I was to take out the extras I added you could easily bring that down to under 2500$ or less.
                              Favorites
                              lucky_cefiro
                              you\'re not listening
                              entelijint

Comment

Some shots of the filter relocation and the oil cooler placement.

Also note the power steering line needed to be changed due to its angles not working out.

Favorites
                                lucky_cefiro
                                you\'re not listening
                                entelijint

Comment

Working...
                                X