Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok so do you want to run synthetic fluid in attessa?
    Ryan :drive:

Comment

I searched around and gathered some information on fluid capacities and such for the GTR. Thought it would be good to add to the sticky. correct me if im wrong. I'm not 100% sure of them.

1. Engine Oil 5.3L

2. Power Steering w/hicas 2L (enough for flush and bleed)

3. Transmission 4.1L

4. Transfer case 1.8L

5. Atessa 2L (enough for flush and bleed)

6. Front Differential 1L

7. Rear Differential 1.5L

PS.
      Many people recommend running the Nissan PS fluid for the Atessa System. The Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special has part number 10130-89901A and they are sold in 1L containers.

It should say on the bottle:

10130-89901A
      Automatic Transmission Fluid
      Special Blend
      Matic - D

Comment

HOOOLLLLDDD UPPP

i was JUST told by a whole bunch of people on this forum in a thread i posted in... and they said NEVER use redline shockproof heavy gear oil in the tranny of our skylines... they said the synchros are made of copper and the oil corrodes them, then they basically get destroyed....

they said only use redline shock proof if your tranny is on the way out, it will give u like an extra few months of use out of it....
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
          HOOOLLLLDDD UPPP

i was JUST told by a whole bunch of people on this forum in a thread i posted in... and they said NEVER use redline shockproof heavy gear oil in the tranny of our skylines... they said the synchros are made of copper and the oil corrodes them, then they basically get destroyed....

they said only use redline shock proof if your tranny is on the way out, it will give u like an extra few months of use out of it....

I am online looking for alternative fluids for my GTR because I just got a OS Giken gearset in a tranny and it had clear fluid in it. I have used the Redline heavy gearshock for 2 years in my gtr with no problems. I put it in before I knew if there was a problem or not.

Comment

great writeup/sticky *favourited

Comment

are those oils still up to date? I'm about to do a major flush and might change every single oil.. All those recommendation are still good?
              Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Up to date as in?

If you have an oil cooler, that's more oil.

For example, an oversized oil pan and cooler/relocation kit would mean MUCH more oil

If I recall, I used to fit about 4.7L of oil in my stock GTR. The other values are pretty close.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

What do you think of the mix MT-90 / lightweight shockproof.

I emailed REDLINE and they said we should put MT90 in our tranny.
                  Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Anyone use Royal purple for the tranny oil change and could a nissan dealership have the attessa fluid?

R33 Skyline GTR VSPEC (White)
                    R32 Skyline GTS-T (Ztune Silver) - Sold

Comment

If I recall, the atessa fluid is Nissan automatic D or ATF.

As for the gear box, I only use AMSoil and it works fine, no noise great feel, 5 years now on the same oil (until last september that is)..
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        Well I did a little bit of searching...

8. Atessa AWD fluid - (Nissan Power Steering Fluid or dextron 3)

Nope, I did a massive amount of searching, and I've actually pulled fluids from the transfer case ("Matic D") and ATTESSA tank, and they are completely different!

"Matic D" or Dextron III is far too thick for the ATTESSA system, it is a very syrupy fluid, where the ATTESSA fluid is very water-like. (I can upload a video, if anyone is interested...)

Nissan themselves warn against using viscous fluids in the ATTESSA system, as it will dramatically increase the latency of the system, which could be very problematic.

If you can't find the "Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special: KLF30-00001" (which is very likely!), then a cold-weather power steering fluid would probably be the best alternate, but be sure to completely purge the system of the old fluid.

Dat's it!

Comment

I'm aware this is super old and I'm sorry for bumping it but is

Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special: KLF30-00001

what I should use for a GTS-t?

And if not what? Any power steering fluid fine as long as I completely flush the system first?

Obviously i mean for my power steering, not attessa.

EDIT: Wow just realized this is in the gtr section. I fail.

Sorry!
                          Sideways is the best ways.

Comment

For the front and rear diff if it's only summer driven wouldn't a 75/90 synthetic be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by toyota86 View Post
                              PS.
                              Many people recommend running the Nissan PS fluid for the Atessa System. The Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special has part number 10130-89901A and they are sold in 1L containers.

It should say on the bottle:

10130-89901A
                              Special Blend
                              Matic - D
                              I'm not sure if that part number is the same as the actual "Nissan Power steering Fluid Special" referred to in the manual. I only found that p/n in a thread on skylineaustralia, and the guys said:

Black squarish bottle - white sticker usual red/blue stripes - says:

Nissan
                              Special Blend
                              Matic-D

Part number on the invoice is the number in my last post. Bottle also mentions to use it as power steering fluid for R32 GTR.

They told me that this is the stuff to use for the HICAS reservoir.
                              http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...968.html&st=20

And this is what the bottle looks/looked like:

This is why I'm skeptical, since the manual says to use different fluids between HICAS and ATESSA, and this Nissan bottle says its for HICAS.

According to this: http://www.nissan-sp.co.jp/oil/

◆ E-TS fluid
                              [E-TS only fluid car]
                              * E-TS · · · electronic Torukusupurittoshisutemu

Packing Part number Suggested retail price
                              (Tax included)
                              1L KLF30-00001 992 yen
                              4L KLF30-00004 3,969 yen
                              From what I've read it would appear that the difference with this "Special" PS fluid is it's viscosity at lower temperatures (as in it was taking into account that the car would see winters and snow). So if you only use your car in the summer (I think this is the case for most people here), then ATF/Dextron III shouldn't be an issue in the ATESSA reservoir.
                              Last edited by DarkCaporaL; 08-29-2010, 11:06 AM.
                              R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

^ That makes perfect sense. I bet even running a synthetic ATF through the ATTESA would eliminate any issue cause I have a feeling that's all that "Special" fluid is.
                                1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R - SOLD
                                1995 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Type-RA - Rod knock, then sold
                                2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Comment

Working...
                                X