This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im using royal purple in my tranny....works great..very smooth
    gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

Hello All,

Can someone point me in the right direction? I went to JRP and called around for the diff fluids but no luck.

Front Differential - 85W90
      Rear Differential - 80W90

Can someone recommended brands / shops that carries the above? I want to get the diffs done prior to storage.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I looked all over the GTA and could not find them. I did find posts of people saying they use the 75w90 stuff for both their diffs. I have also seen threads where people say that its better if you drive your car really hard.

I went with the Royal Purple 75w90 MAX GEAR from JRP, which is a bit on the expensive side, about 30% more then the you're going to pay for RP at one of those I might get stabbed here kind of shops in Toronto. The type that seem that have nothing but CF and CF Kevlar hooded Civics and CRX's parked all around and are in some out of the way body dump industrial area.

Comment

Originally posted by toyota86 View Post
          I searched around and gathered some information on fluid capacities and such for the GTR. Thought it would be good to add to the sticky. correct me if im wrong. I'm not 100% sure of them.

1. Engine Oil 5.3L

2. Power Steering w/hicas 2L (enough for flush and bleed)

3. Transmission 4.1L

4. Transfer case 1.8L

5. Atessa 2L (enough for flush and bleed)

6. Front Differential 1L

7. Rear Differential 1.5L

PS.
          Many people recommend running the Nissan PS fluid for the Atessa System. The Nissan Power Steering Fluid Special has part number 10130-89901A and they are sold in 1L containers.

It should say on the bottle:

10130-89901A
          Automatic Transmission Fluid
          Special Blend
          Matic - D
          is this accurate? 5.3 Liters of engine oil?

Comment

Originally posted by GAWDZRA View Post
            is this accurate? 5.3 Liters of engine oil?
            It depends on the size of oil filter you use, I picked up 2 very different sized ones. Also, things like oil coolers and extended oil pans need to be considered.

I don't think I put in quite that much in my r32. Not running an oil cooler or filter relocate and have the larger of the 2 filters on now. I believe I got a bit under 5 bottles in there. Topped it off slowly, started it for a bit, topped it off again.
            Last edited by menace; 11-23-2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

I heard putting in 5.5L of engine oil in and then putting in an extra 0.5L of GM engine oil supplement aka GM EOS, is good because of the zinc additive

Heres a list a buddy of mine gave me for fluids, lemme know what yall think:

Royal purple 75w90 for diffs - 1.1L front and 2.2L rear.
              Engine oil 10w30 synthetic, 5.5L
              Mix with engine oil ---> GM EOS (Engine oil supplement) 0.5L
              Redline heavy shockproof transmission oil for the tranny

thats all, the rest of the fluids ill just take from whatever others are saying
              Last edited by 91GTRR32; 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM.
              BNR32

Comment

I wonder if RP will eventually make windshield washer fluid and anti freeze? :P
                Double track drift, yo.
                http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

So gents and gents, quick Q.. Changing my clutch tomorrow and ive decided on 4.0L's of redline heavy GEAR OIL, 75w90. I was having a complication with the guy on the phone, he was confused i was putting gear oil for transmission fluid. Am i right that im going to put 75w90 of redline heavy shockproof GEAR OIL into the tranny?

He confused me and made me think they are different.. Is there any difference?
                  Last edited by 91GTRR32; 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM.
                  BNR32

Comment

Sorry for the illegal bump, im getting this stuff today....looking for an answer guys thanks
                    BNR32

Comment

Originally posted by 91GTRR32 View Post
                      So gents and gents, quick Q.. Changing my clutch tomorrow and ive decided on 4.0L's of redline heavy GEAR OIL, 75w90. I was having a complication with the guy on the phone, he was confused i was putting gear oil for transmission fluid. Am i right that im going to put 75w90 of redline heavy shockproof GEAR OIL into the tranny?

He confused me and made me think they are different.. Is there any difference?
                      Transfercase, transmission and differential fluid from what i've read.
                      Double track drift, yo.
                      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Transfer case is Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF). Tranny is 75W90 Gear oil. I use Royal Purple 75W90 gear oil in both front and rear Difs and in Tranny.
                        Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

I plan on changing my tranny fluid with Redline MT90 75W90. I have bought 5 bottles (5L) which should be enough. Wondering if anyone else is running this any how its been, I have a sometimes grind in 4th and would like to get rid of it..

let me know

thanks

Comment

I had redline heavy shockproof 75w90 in my tranny before i swapped clutches, only had grind on a chilly start up but after it warmed up it was smooth as butter. I made the mistake of switching to royal purple maxgear 75w90 and now i always have a 4th gear grind, go with redline if you have dont have a mint tranny, im going to switch back to redline in a week or two, what a waste of 130 bucks -_-
                            BNR32

Comment

changed mine! works awesome!

Comment

I don't know if these cars take dot 4 stock, but dot 4 isnt compatible with dot 5. Just an FYI

Comment

Working...
                                X