X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paradis' Red Hot HCR32...2007

ENGINE SWAP COMING...

***UPDATED TO INCLUDE WORK in 2009

What the hell hey? I haven't really posted any updates on what i was doing with my car since early this spring and even then i hadn't really updated the whole concept since last year..

So here she be, my 91 HCR32. Not much in terms of the outside changed, most of the work i did was all performance. This year go, next year show

I'm too lazy to list everything, but basically i threw in an R34 high flowed turbo in, did the fmic, upgraded the fuel delivery system, did some engine management, and put in the side feed plenum.
    End result was it dyno'd at about 325whp @ 16psi. My cluth is barely hanging in there :-P . Doubt i'll get around to changing that this season. Probably get a hypersingle next spring.

Its about as fast as i need it to go, or as much as i care to push the rb20, i think i'd sooner get an r33 down the road instead.

**the Run down:
    RB20DET, purchased with 80K on it. 1 previous owner, no accident history. stock to the bone, except the suspension and a GTR hood

It now looks like this:

R34 Neo ball bearing turbo, high flowed for 450hp
    Megan Racing Front Mount intercooler
    Custom side feed plenum
    550cc Deatchwerks injectors
    265 SARD fuel pump
    RS*R down pipe
    cat delete
    Kakimoto 3" catback exhaust w/resonator removed
    Apexi power intake
    HKS SSQV BOV
    GTR clutch

ViPEC standalone Management
    Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller
    Apexi Turbo Timer
    Greddy 52" electronic boost gauge and Pillar Pod
    Dyno tune at Lightspeed Innovations

Tokiko Coilovers
    Nismo tie rods and control arms i believe, forget now.
    Cusco front and rear strut bars
    Cusco sway bars
    HICAS lock bar
    Paradis' custom short shifter

GTR hood and replica front bumper
    open mouth grill
    17" super advans
    Lame rubber

***2009 - Car had a complete paint job done with all wear and minor chips and dings fixed. good as gold.

1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Looks really sweet. That interior is mint and that intake lol really nice good job.
    You can't doubt the existance of hell when you live in it

Comment

Looks good Chris. Especially that 1000HP intake you bolted on to it
      1989 Gumetal GT-R - Nismo Turbo etc
      ivoac.ca Join the fight for the right! If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem......

Comment

yah, that plenum is quite the eye catcher on first glance. It does the job and it gets me spooling well before 3 grande. Honestly it did stand out drastically when i put in there, but after a few months, it fits right in, and i prefer it any day instead of the overhead feed to the side mount ... :sick2:

that engine bay could use a wash though hey.. :-o
        1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Your car looks fantastic! Good job! Is that a custom made intake plenum? I remember someone made one similar to that! And 325whp is more than decent!

My cars:
          1996 BCNR33 GT-R
          1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Originally posted by Paradis View Post
            yah, that plenum is quite the eye catcher on first glance. It does the job and it gets me spooling well before 3 grande. Honestly it did stand out drastically when i put in there, but after a few months, it fits right in, and i prefer it any day instead of the overhead feed to the side mount ... :sick2:

that engine bay could use a wash though hey.. :-o
            Hey, did you ever figure ouit the idleing problem?

i was talking to the guy who tuned denis's car and setup that plenum. He says that he ended up puting some sort of restrictor in the aicv inlet hose. If it's still a problem i can get you his contact information if you like.

Comment

what an ugly car. your car < my crumpled mess

kyle
              Originally posted by funkymonkey
              You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

Nice man.. your car is looking great.
                on my favorite Rims.
                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Originally posted by DrMango View Post
                  what an ugly car. your car < my crumpled mess

kyle

Hey! A mango sighting. So what are we going to do with your car man? I heard you had a break through with finding the culprit.

Matt- yah i did get it figured it out. It was a combination of problems to with the throttle body, it's cable and few minor tweaks. The lock washers were shot on my manifold and the bolts were loosening themselves when i boosted hard for little while. Its runs great now, sauf being too rich, especially on decel.
                  ** and ya, i did have to unplug the AAC valve completely. It needs a good 5-10 mins to warm up now before i go anywhere.

On my one "try to keep up with a supercharged Z06" setting, i run about 1.4 bar or so. Nothing like kickin the ol RB20 with 20psi
                  1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

WOW Chris everything looks great! I'm glad you got everything sorted out and that she's performing the way you hoped.

Very nice brother .

BTW - if you decide to keep this car, let me know and I'll put this in the GTS Project section for ya .
                    RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
                    Mods: A few things .
                    Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

As requested, it's moved for ya .
                      RHD DriftinG, DoeS iT GeT AnY BetteR????

Project GTS-R: 1992 R32 Skyline GTS RB20na-> Turbo
                      Mods: A few things .
                      Dyno Results> 209.2whp/196FtLb @ 7psi

Comment

This car sounds just as good as it looks, and it got more balls than a russian marble player. Nice job Chris, you've got me thinking about starting one of these pages now aswell.
                        91 GTST Type M

Comment

well, after about 30 phone calls made between 3 people and the insurance company, i hadn't even recieved one phone call about my claim for 6 weeks and 2 days. i threatened to get a lawyer while yelling at the secretary at the insurance adjuster today. All the sudden in about 30 minutes i had an appointment for an adjuster to look at the damage. should be out tomorow to see if he thinks it worth a trip to the body shop or if ill be car shopping with money to spare:-D we will see, id rather not see a skyline in my driveway for the rest of my days to be honest...

kyle
                          Originally posted by funkymonkey
                          You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

wow, one of the nicest HCRs around, very nice paradis!!

i can't stop staring at that red paint....looks like candy, mmmm.
                            RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
                            http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
                            1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen. I've seen some killer cars on this site, i'm flattered you folks like mine.

Since this has turned into a project car thread, i'm gonna go update the first post to list the specs a bit more thoroughly.

**Mango, PM me your new phone number soon mate, i'll like to get a hold of ya.
                              1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Working...
                              X