No announcement yet.

The Quonset Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you use to mount the fuse box? also your gunna want something around the fuse box to stop rain.... that **** will get wet fast! I need pictures of your mounted fuse box

Also my I ask why you kept Hicas?

thanks,
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG. Daily
    1969 Cooper S. Restored
    1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

I used a couple bolts. Did you think i just left the box lid off? Im gonna do something else to protect it, but i dont know what yet. Maybe mount a shield type thing to that bracket on the front thats doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by APL View Post

I used a couple bolts. Did you think i just left the box lid off? Im gonna do something else to protect it, but i dont know what yet. Maybe mount a shield type thing to that bracket on the front thats doing nothing.
        Hey man,

Awesome looks good. Doing mine right now, GTR has so much more ****

I was hoping you would put the lid on, kind of a given haha. Felix is using a zielock bag, not sure how great that would work lol Im gunna to weld a little metal box to put around it at i pulled out the fender inner lines so my wheels wont rub.
        1969 Cooper S. Restored
        1994 Rover Mini 1460cc, 134whp, 7 port fuel injected w/ITB's, & straight cuts w/ 4.67 gearing

Comment

Yeah i was thinking of something like a box too. Ziplock bag!? haha thats a weird piece on such a jacked gtr.

Comment

Originally posted by APL View Post
            Yeah i was thinking of something like a box too. Ziplock bag!? haha thats a weird piece on such a jacked gtr.
            Agreed! I was kind of taken back.

Anyway pimp build should look awesome! Why keep hicas though? looks so much better without it and takes 30 minutes to pull everything front to back!
            1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

I hate hicas! Im totally taking it out.. when i have money for a bar and non-hicas pump. Im gonna wait till the 25 is in and on the road before i toss cash at other ****. If i find a good deal though...

Comment

Nice, should be awesome.

Non - Hicas pump is not needed. Just plug the lines and a few basic things. Can't remember the details lol.
                1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Oh sweet. Ill try to find some more info on that.
                  Thanks man

Comment

That's the best way to do it.

But from what I understand when the HICAS rack is turned one way, one hard pipe that connects to HICAS rack removes the fluid from one side of HICAS rack. The other hardpipe fills the other side of HICAS rack with fluid.

If you follow the hardpipes from HICAS rack, there's a block looking thing (located just infront of rear wheels) that has rubber hoses with fittings that are bolted onto it. All you do is cut the two rubber hoses (connects to hardpipes that connect to HICAS) and connect these 2 rubber hoses together.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Yes, or just get the lock out bar haha. just seems easier to me, i always like the easy way out. $100 is well worth it. Im sure that would work though! good idea.

Really just pull all the lines, pump and and lines in the back and your golden. Only takes 30 mins, the P/S pump is your only issue.
                      1969 Cooper S. Restored

Comment

Started stripping the block today.

Water lines.

Crushed Oil Pan. Full of thick metal shavings.

Best puller ever.

Water Pump.

Comment

ok whats with the coolant oil cooler setup...am i like the only person without one...was looking at a GTR with it and now yours...im so confused....

Looks great though, this is the fun part. i love builing motors!
                          1989 GTS4....

Comment

Yeah i dont know man. It was on there when i picked up the block. Thats all i can really say. I know rb20's dont have them, but you have a 25 right?

Comment

Slugs in.

Slugs out.

#1. Cracked ring lands and a broken ring.

#2. A ******* mess.

#3. Cracked ring lands

#4. Cracked ring lands and a broken ring.

#5. Cracked ring lands.

#6. Cracked ring lands.

Crank out.

Things.

The rod bearings were ok, but the main bearings were ******.

Bare!

I called a few machine shops today and hopefully the block will be out before the end of the week. Then i have the head to deal with.

Comment

Hahaha holy **** that thing is a mess. Let me know what machine shop you go with

Comment

Working...
                                X