my build thread, gts...ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my build thread, gts...ish

well, here it goes guys, started off with a 90 s13 fastback shell, and fixed a spot on the frame,the shock towers, and a hole in the floor.

engine bay shots while stripping it down and stitch welding the chassis
    Chassis

tremcladed it so it wouldnt rust

installed tein tension rods

also has megan street coils installed, havent taken pics since im sure you know what they look like,

then picked this up to kick off my build
    http://www.projectzig.com/v240...240.0
    Engine/drivetrain
    rb20 shots

and in the car ftw

Apexi 3 inch catback, going to get a 3 inch dp/cat delete made

installed vlsd and axles from the r32

Brakes

for brakes i used the r32 brakes all around, redrilled for 4 lug, cause i have so many 4 lug drift wheels, but ill be going 5 lug eventually. used the r32 knuckles, e brake assembly, all e brake cables except the front ones, r32 rotors and calipers.

e brake assembly and 4 lug hub installed

rotors redrilled

all installed

and with the dirty wheel on

installed my egt probe today, wired up my tach and temp guages, and maybe a little test drive?

engine shot

had to tee the brakeline for the front since it only had one front output, the other didnt have the seat for the flare

i think im gonna need a pusher

front shot

missing something?

side shot

ok today installed auto meter mechanical boost and oil pressure gauges,autometer egt and my innovate
    lc1 wideband, heres some vids and pics

http://s25.photobucket.com/alb...0.flv
    http://s25.photobucket.com/alb...5.flv

done alot since i posted last, blew the last motor and swapped in another one. had the old one dynoed at 256whp at 15psi, new one has less k and a rb25 turbo. so with my new injectors and more boost im shooting for around the 3 mark.
    painted car shadow grey metallic
    front 20mm fenders
    cage installed
    removed all carpet and bedlinered inside
    stripped rear harness of un needed wiring and tucked it in the frame
    sparco sprints and rci harnesses
    rota p45rs. specs on wheels are 18x9.5 +20s with an 8mm spacer (wheels took like 3 months to get here and +12s where custom and wouldve been another 3 months)
    pics!

heres my other wheels with azenis in front for sliding and s***ty drift tires in rear

added an act 6 puck clutch,fmic,yellow jacket coils, t1r racing battery in the back, blew the rb 25 turbo, and about 4 rb20 turbos, so now im in the middle fitting a hx35w on the car, as well as a ssautochrome manifold, 38mm ewg (forget the brand right now),blanket, and some other goodies. once the manifold arrives and the turbo is fitted and the dump pipe is made to fit the downpipe im running the head is coming off, getting a gasket match, either gtr cams or tomei poncams, metal head gasket and arp studs, and When it goes back on hopefully a forward facing intake. Ive got some gtr injectors im going to run with the accord resistor pack. Then getting an ecu tuned for all of my new mods and it should be good for around 350hp.

Comment

ok, change of plans. sold my gtr injectors and im looking for some 550s. manifold is on the car, turbo is on. just had to add the external, heres some pics
      ps resevoir relocated away from the turbo, it boils over too much

internal wg welded shut

coolant lines are now removed

ssac manifold, had to mod it a little so the compressor housing wasnt hitting

something is missing

ext wg, not sure what brand..anyone?

top piping on to figure out where to place external

wg flange welded on

manifold, wg and turbo all on

Comment

Very nice work! Kudos to a bottom up build, very clean and a very solid build. The orange engine bay looks very slick, giving me some good ideas for the winter!
        Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
        www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
        Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
        Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

oh damnnn.. that's a slick build. i wish i knew how to do that aww lol. much respect. post up some videos of you sliding perhaps
          ----------------------------------------------
          widebody rb25 r32
          Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
          We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
          friends of:
          genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
          Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
            oh damnnn.. that's a slick build. i wish i knew how to do that aww lol. much respect. post up some videos of you sliding perhaps
            Check out some of the d-day vids/pics here, Gavin's in there;

Lemme know when you need some help ya homo, getting all the fun colorful stuff done without me.
            Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

haha you bet i will steven you know i love you. come help me pull the head then.

all the videos from this years d days:

Comment

your car looks amaizing man

Comment

thanks bro!

monday steve and I arebuilding a elbow to match up to my downpipe and then pulling my intake and head off to get some porting done to the head. will update if i get anything done before then, if not then monday. waiting on some fittings, my oil feed line, a turbo blanket and heat wrap, arp headstuds and some other odds and ends

Comment

Originally posted by GavinJohnson View Post
                    thanks bro!

monday steve and I arebuilding a elbow to match up to my downpipe and then pulling my intake and head off to get some porting done to the head. will update if i get anything done before then, if not then monday. waiting on some fittings, my oil feed line, a turbo blanket and heat wrap, arp headstuds and some other odds and ends
                    Yay, car stuff. Cheers for the help today by the way. Glad you didn't put out your shoulder out too.

Comment

haha no problem cutie. we all know the real story was alex was giving you the reacharound and popped it out, its ok

Comment

haha no problem cutie. we all know the real story was alex was giving you the reacharound and popped it out, its ok
                        Someone a little choked they weren't invited maybe?

Comment

truth, i wanted to run a train on you

Comment

truth, i wanted to run a train on you
                            Damn noob. We better have some damn good stuff to post tomorrow, get this thread back on track.

Comment

damn.. it's threads like this that makes me wish i lived closer to the interior... XD hahaha
                              widebody rb25 r32
                              Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                              We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                              friends of:
                              genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                              Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

Working...
                              X