head off

bore looks good, good crosshatching

not sure, think these are stock too?

Comment

oh ps, thanks MUSSS you big cuddly bear for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by GavinJohnson View Post
          oh ps, thanks MUSSS you big cuddly bear for all your help
          No, thank you! That cajun chicken burger was the tits. Fat Burger is awesome.
          Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

truth! thanks for the hot date

Comment

awww. I'm glad you girls made up after catfighting.

As for slugs, other stockers I've seen were similar, with slight reliefs.
              And I recalled something important! if you do go the gtr cam route, the base-circle is different! several rb20+gtr cam attempts I've seen were totally fubared because nobody realised this, so shims and cam-gears to compensate and you're golden. Those with stock limiter were fine with hydraulic lifters too.

Comment

+1 those are stock slugs, mine looked identical.
                cool build!
                I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

yeah, confirmed they where stock shortly after. will be doing some more work on monday hopefully. and also going to be fabbing a forward facing intake soon.

Comment

Comment

working under the dash is arguably the hardest place to work in a car.
                      The bucket seat and door bars dont seem to help the situation either
                      Jesse
                      1990 HCR32
                      2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

Also, arguably the funniest picture you can snap while working on a car.

Comment

lol nice steve, looks like ive had a change of plans here. updates soon

Comment

well decided to sell the holset, and picking up a t3 t4 top mount, plazmaman intake, tomei cams, cam gears, timing belt, and 550 injectors. ported head, and some other stuff, heres some pics of various things ive done since the last update
                            decided on rb26 valve covers, since they look better. dont fret though, removed the 26.all the paint was done by genetic tuning, thanks alex

ive had a problem with denting my oil pan in the past, due to ride height...

also, oil drainback from the head and oil temp sensor installed.

cleaned up and re undercoated my frame

i hate oil leaks, so i took out the front crossmember, and cleaned it and repainted it. new tie rod ends, new balljoint, cleaned up the coilovers a bit.

i dont like how the wiring went up around the whole engine bay, so i shortened it and ran it under the dash, then ran the wiring for the headlights and signals to the front of the car. also added some distrobution blocks with relays for ign power for gauges, and etc as well as for illumination for my gauges, removed all heater stuff and welded it all up.
                            silly holes all welded shut

this is the wiring that ran around the engine bay

the mess before i cleaned it up

the harness run across the dash

the 4ft i needed to remove

shortened harness

new intercooler

engine bay before

stripped, and almost all primered

painted to match the car

will update with more pics soon

Comment

Love it. All of it. Genetic Tuning ftw.

Comment

Duuuuude, get rid of those mechanical oil pressure and temp gauges. Either mount them outside of the car, on the hood, or sell them to someone who will and replace them with electric versions of the same gauges. If the gauge fails, you'll have the potential to have wonderfully boiling hot oil spitting into the cabin. Not only can this be bad for the complexion, it can be bad for your future mating potential. No one wants to bang a dude who's face was melted off!

Autometer has no problem selling the gauges, but they do recommend that you don't mount mechanical gauges that have boiling hot oil or water going to them in the cabin. Even if the gauge doesn't ever experience a failure that leads to face melting oil spewing everywhere, a crash could knock them, and their connections lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X