Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May change the BOV, however i've crushed mine to hold about 16 lbs, which i plan to run anyways.. We'll see.. I actually plan to run no bov and deal with the off throttle compressor surge, turbo should handle it and ive yielded my best response that way..
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

theres no proof compressor surge is such a bad thing on a smaller turbo... no worries about that i say.
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

a buddy of mine has a greddy type RS for sale for 100$

cmon
        http://www.montrealracing.com/forums...d.php?t=688999
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb 13th

Didn't get too much done today..

Finished installing the transmission - torqued all the bellhousing bolts, replaced the driveshaft, mounted the drive shaft bracket and etc..

Filled the tranny - 2.7 L of redline heavy duty shock proof..

So i believe that's ALL for underneath the car at this time, besides oil change and rad fluid change.

> on the topic of rad fluid, anyone run Engine Ice in their cars?
          I've used it in motocross and streetbike applications, and noticed a fair difference in temps.. Any opinions in car applications?

How about water wetter?
          -tried this and i wasn't 100% sure i noticed anything... Anyone have good luck with this in their Skyline?

What do you all recommend as a good mixture 60/40?.. (deionized h2o to glycol?)

On another note; i finished my interior work.

I moved my boost gauge from my dash, in it's cliche spot, to the din slot i made out of CF.

If anyone is interested, i'm selling these, so pm me for pricing and i can hook ya up as i've got a bunch made at the moment.. Can be made in a full plate to delete all din slots, as well as just 2, up to you..

This is a 52 MM GAUGE

60mm is a bit big (for 1 din slot), but if i can get my hands on a 60 mm gauge, i can start making the vent gauge pod with 2 60's, or 3 52's like i have right now..

SNOW, i didnt forget about you man, still working on perfecting the mold as im not 100% satisfied with the one in my car ATM..

pic's are off my phone so not great, but if interested i can snap larger photos..

I'll have Josh's Red/Black carbon kevlar din plate finished this coming week, so you can all check that out as well and let me know what you think!

Comment

props for the work, but the din plate looks weird with just 1 gauge in it
            sigpic

Comment

I know hahah

I MIGHT put my turbo timer there, but right now its under my dash by the clutch pedal two sided taped up so i can read the time..

I may do a water temp gauge but even with 2 in it, it might look kind of stupid? Not really sure.. No.. maybe not.. Maybe it would look good.. I keep looking up, and scrolling down, then back up again hahaha

Stickers?!?!! LOL no.. defs not..

PS. saw your videos finally. Really good stuff. Need to get a hold of a Go-pro camera !

Comment

Oh and i could have fit 3 gauges, but due to the epoxy in the air, i lost conscious thought process and when i came to, this was already cut .. and well, it wasnt really far enough over..

Comment

Boyscout;
                  (though i dont know if you have a big enough socket extension...lol)
                  Just got it, lmao.
                  At first i thought you mean 'big enough socket'.. then it clicked.. No, i dont have anything bigger than those 2 1/2" socket extensions, lmao. sooo jokes.. It looks effin retarded, i know.. Does the job though

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                    PS. saw your videos finally. Really good stuff. Need to get a hold of a Go-pro camera !
                    thx, and if you want a GoPro, hit up Perry Auto in laval
                    190 for a standard wide-angle
                    300 for an HD wide-angle
                    sigpic

Comment

and did i say i was realllllly looking forward to your CF front diffuser..
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't worry bud!
                        Is the front subframe mount the same as the gtr as the gtst?

Like where the rad lower brace meets the suspension braces?

Just wondering so I can work on a universal one for both vehicles.

Any ideas you'd like to throw out? My main plan was a single sheet, angled off the rad brace past the sump to the rear plastic diffuser mounts.
                        Nothing wild, but slotted at the sump for breathing etc..

Hard to explain but me you an Josh can get together to discuss parts. Always down for ideas and to help out!

Comment

How did you mount your DIN plate?

Comment

marc thats lookin fresh man, the CF you make always turns out top notch!

i think you SHOULD mount your turbo timer in there too... im pretty sure u know you want to..lol

Comment

LOL Josh, maybs.
                              I like the look of it, but then i think, rectangles and circles just dont go.. maybe if i had my ebc and timer there it'd look bad ass, but other wise itd be a freak rectangle and circle combo, looks meh.. |-- O| .. ? loll

M13, two sided tape. Good industrial stuff, she won't budge.

Comment

ever try that VHB by 3M ?...lol man, that stuff can hold almost 1 metric tonne and thats some serious 2 sided tape!

.... hrm i see your point RE: circles and rectangles.. but maybe you just need more of each like you were saying? lol...

i mean... my console will be 2 circle gauges and 2 rectangle box's... (maybe 3)...

seems like the theory is to make it look better you just need to add more circles and rectangles!... haha...
                                nah but honestly best way is to use a program like solidworks to model it, so you can see.... (if you don't have it and want it ill hook it up, just lemme know)

do any progress weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X