Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress.... Not really; girlfriend just broke up with me so I'm kinda like double u tee eff you know? Lol..
    2 and a half years is a real dog to slay when it comes to puttin that to rest!
    I think selling my car would be potentially less of a grievance.. Maybe.. Lol

anyways! Yea stupid rectangles and circles.. Maybe I'll just get a water temp gauge and put a second hole.. Or toggles as I'm making a fuel cut off but with a series of switches so they need to be on in a certain order to function, like a code.. Yea, now that I'm single I'm working on my James bond style so keep your gfs closeby! Fml
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

hey, maybe you josh and i could meet next week to work on a front diffuser design, and maybe a rear one too, and to cheer you up hehe, hang in there
      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Lol, thanks bud.
        Sounds good to me!
        I actually leave thursday, the 18th until the 26th, but anytime before that, or after that, i'm definitely down!

Rear diffuser would be interesting.. Possible Diff cooler idea coming along Something like on the black series SL65.. Hmmmmmmmmm

Let me know, i'll speak to josh tomorrow and see when we can meet up.

Comment

Pics of the intercooler setup?!?!

Comment

deffo gonna be after the break..LOL.. as its now the 18th and you're most likely binge drinking your way into a coma... hahahahah have fun bro!
            The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
              Here's my ta duuuu list following February 11th 2010..

Need the car done by March 15th, as the law in quebec is that you're now allowed to use a motorvehicle unless it's equipped with winter tires between December 15th to March 15th..

Fluids;
              Redline shock proof - tranny and diff (will be done this weekend)
              Clutch and brake fluid - done today

Mount downpipe to turbo.
              Finish turbo install - can't get my hand in to tighten the oil return

Leak down test of intake side

Secure FMIC

Relocate boost gauge to upper din slot

finish carbon chibi wing

finish carbon diffuser

Go have nistune daughter board installed with basic tune (to make it to dyno lol)

Finally get a Z32 Maf.. FML, again..

Mount ram air

Make front brake cooling ducts

Finish interior trim and clean seats/carpet

Wax...

DRIVE!!!
              I like your style. lol Will like to see pic of those carbon fiber. I just started doing fiberglass and I know it's close to the same thing. Looking forward to those pictures.

So, did you went with some redline water wetter, I was thinking about picking this stuff.

P.S: If you want more than just a regular wax, PM me. I did a detail on my GTR. It's pretty good, but I'm pushing the limits this times with a 30hrs + detailing job. I can make your sky shine !
              Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Hahaha
                oh boy.. I don't know of this is true, but I believe this to be the first post on gtrc in history, to be from the Mayan riviera lol.

Wee fee in the lobby so I'm taking a seriously not-drunk-enough moment to type this up..

Yes, I'm devoted lol

Cobraa, glad you're working with fiberglass, it's not as bad as most ppl think but more tedious curvaceous jobs will be a lot tougher to handle at first. Just keep at it. I'll help you this summer if you're down for a little tutorial, perhaps build you a chibi wing or diffuser?

diffuser plans are finished btw. Phil was over the other night and I ran the simple design by him, seems simple enough so when I'm home I'll get to work on it.

Josh lol, coma will be shortly. It's 9 pm ATM and I am slightly destroyed, but I had to post back and mention your din gauge pod is currently curing an looks unreal. The red really comes out well, I'm actually envious I didn't choose red for mine as well.
                I'll drop your exhaust off Monday, and if possible, Id like to borrow your center surround so I can make the appropriate cuts. Or perhaps on car with radio. Anyways we'll work it out..

Ok tequila's setting in. Life is signing off. Goodbye all lol

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Back from vacay update!

Definitely recommend you all check out the Bahia Principe in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico. I had an unreal time, as i do at most Bahia Principe's but this place is special in a number of ways; primarily because its nearly a 5000 room resort occupying nearly double that. People are in day in and day out, leaving you lotsa room to meet new... 'people'
                  Anyways epic time; busted my face on the second day completely drunk.. slipped in my puke, tore my ear open, woke up in blood and puke.. BUT, i survived. Epic week. Did I mention chicks? Ya.. Lots.. All from Vancouver too; i can guarantee some of those went home scarred by my drunken black out antics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the build!

Josh (archaeic_bloke)'s DIN cover is finished, turned out fantastic. We used a 2x2 twill with red kevlar to match his interior and exterior colour (red, obviously). So we're gonna be installing that sometime soon hopefuly and i'll snap a few pic's along the way.

Ok so where am i on my list..

Fluids;
                  Redline shock proof - tranny and diff Done
                  Clutch and brake fluid - Done

Mount downpipe to turbo. Done
                  Finish turbo install - can't get my hand in to tighten the oil return Finally done

Leak down test of intake side DONE! This was a bit of a pain, but i finally made a decent, sealing block off for that rubber intake elbow. Pressurized to 5 lbs and had someone inside the car watch the boost gauge (duh..). Held 5 lbs for 10 min, no leaks other than the dipstick. Was mint!!

Secure FMIC Done Mounted to the rebar at the top, at the bottom, i supported it via the lower rad cross member using two carbon fibre braces i fashioned up. Holds up really nice and strong!

Relocate boost gauge to upper din slot Doneee

finish carbon chibi wing Still looking for one to use as a model/mold.. Anyone

finish carbon diffuser mold will be done today!

Go have nistune daughter board installed with basic tune (to make it to dyno lol)

Finally get a Z32 Maf.. FML, again.. Still fml..

Mount ram air Not doing this anymore, flow will be sufficient and its a DD so i dont need any water going in.. maybe in the summer ill figure something out, but so far i have a scoop fashioned up to direct air through my FMIC piping hole

Make front brake cooling ducts Still in progress

Finish interior trim and clean seats/carpet Anyone know of a good cleaner for the stock / suede seats? Mine aren't OEM GTS seats btw, they're like a suede lined center, identical to GTR seats but have the headrest, etc like the GTR

Wax... Today!

DRIVE!!! Someday

Ok so, last night i was working on school stuff, then it hit me! I'm bored..

Went to work and began working on a little top secret doo-dad.. Air deflector for the upper rad.

It's curing now, so i'll snap pictures tonight and you guys can let me know what you think. It's VERY simple right now, simply an angled rectangle slab of CF mounted under the upper rad supports, and angled down to the hood latch. For a GTST it'll be perfect as there's no opening @ the front.. For a GTR, ill see on Josh's if it's sufficient with wind direction due to the open face. But so far, it seals well, and should direct sufficient air flow into the rad.

Comment

you're getting shiit done fast !
                    i'm looking forward to see all those custom CF pieces
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

haha I'm tryin man! thanks!

I can't wait to get the final pics out for you guys of all the CF pieces.. Everything is really turning out great.. Hopefuly tonight it will be fully cured, i can do some trimming, and fit it. Then i'll either use that as a final product or make a mold of it.. We shall seee!

Comment

As promised, photos of my rad deflector.. This is only the model/mold so the final product will look slightly different, as well, the quality will be better; shinier like my din gauge holder and angled, rather than curved.. Mounting is a secret :P As you can see from the photos, would likely cause lift on the front of it, and that load would cause it to bend up..

I know M13 is making cf pieces so he has to wait to see my final product so i can keep my business :P haha

I was actually planning on selling the din slot's as a mass market but you jumped on it first!!

At any rate, here are photos of the trial piece..

Here's the intercooler setup as promised as well..

You can see i used carbon fibre bracing for the bottom mounts. From the bottom i trailed off to the rad cross member for support..

Diffuser plans are finished. Solid one piece center, ribbed for structural strength, as well as with slits to provide air flow to the sump. This will provide insane structural rigidity for those of you running lowered cars; no more dented sumps! As well, it offers improved downforce, as the oem plastic one provided none due to its plasticity and shakey constructions.

This will be offered in different variations at different prices such as; Kevlar/carbon outer layer, 1x1, 2x2, multi layer and weight .. ( i wont get into this because i dont entirely want my idea being duplicated ).

If anyone's interested in these, please PM me for info and i'll give you a run down of the product, process and materials used. As well as material cost and labour cost break down so you get the idea of how the prices function.

As a relative idea - kevlar/carbon 2x2 weave (red) goes for about 65$ approx, a yard.

EXPEEZ! but sexy. I try to cut costs as well as deliver an outstanding product, which most of you in business will understand means; making next to nothing per product to save on labour!

Comment

IC piping looks nice and clean! Was it a bitch getting all the piping to fit and such?
                          Looks like you had to do some cutting..did the kit come with everything needed to make it fit or did you have to do some fabbing to make it right?
                          Looking into this FMIC kit for my RB20 swap into my S13...just hope they have
                          red silicone as an option lol blue would stand out like a sore thumb in my bay.
                          Looks good man!

Comment

Fine then, I won't show you our CF rad plate design.

psst, ours nicer

on a serious note though, you sure you want to use the CF plate (that thin) to hold your FMIC? if you had one upper bracket, maybe. We're talking 15-20lbs worth of metal that shakes around from bumps, sees heat cycles, and wind draft, etc. If the piece failed, the failure would be catastrophic.

Just pointing it out there.

Comment

ya i agree, that seems really small for mounts on the intercooler

Comment

looks like it's only two layers and already bending.

I woudln't use carbon for such repeated flex/stressed part. it has low fatigue life and it will snap when its max life is reached. It's not the load that breaks it, but the movement/flex that the intercooler will put it through without a solid mount.

Comment

Working...
                                X