No announcement yet.

Project NashZilla: R32 GT-T NEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they're the bees knees. In other news, pretty sure I went to school with you, for a few years at least.
    1/1_Scale
    パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Nope not what I ment at all.

Originally posted by amnash View Post
      i take it you mean the turbo part of the build?
      car came with a rebuilt rb25 hybrid turbo apparently (housing has no identification numbers or anything), but i was running 15psi daily for the couple months i was driving and theres minimal shaft play so im thinking its true
      gonna use that after this build just so i can drive it around threw the summer. plans are to get a bigger turbo next winter

Sent from my HTC Magic using Tapatalk
      Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
        I think they're the bees knees. In other news, pretty sure I went to school with you, for a few years at least.
        lol very slight chance, only been in BC since last April. grew up in NS.
        - Adam

:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Ha, likely not then. I know a guy, or knew a guy with the same name, and on the island, that usually means that you DO know 'em.
          1/1_Scale
          パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

update :

found out at the machine shop today that #1 piston was slightly melted and that a simple hone and new rings would not work. also # 6 has some pitting/rust spots almost? like water got in somehow.

so after talking to the guy for a while we figured my best option is:
            sleeve the cylinder 1 and maybe 6, replace bad piston with good used oem, hone it and use the std size rings ive already purchased
            ^ im hoping this will work( waiting to see if the sleeving is possible)
            Last edited by amnash; 02-02-2012, 04:28 AM.
            - Adam

:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

It's a really thin sleeve (RB26 block) -

Nissan sell new oversized pistons, rings. But forged pistons are lighter, stronger (less stress on conrods at same rpm due to less weight on top of conrods). Tomei fit forged pistons in 2.2 litre engine (stock conrods), 2.4 litre engine (RB26 conrods, RB26 crank) crate engines. I think with normal forged piston (depending on if it's 0.5mm or 1mm over stock piston) it makes it 2.0-2.1 litre, as stock is around 1998cc.
              Last edited by Skym; 05-07-2011, 06:23 PM.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

ya i was looking at the tomei kit. but im not in the mood to drop 1600 on rb20 internals lol
                im crossing my fingers hoping the sleeve will work. does it bring down the blocks strength, durability at all?
                - Adam

:

Comment

Can send stock pistons away to CP or ROSS to get custom made forged pistons (ARC240? on GTRC did this with his forged RB20DET engine as it was cheaper).

As far as I know HKS used to put sleeves in their RB24 engines. Should do the opposite with sleeve (stronger). Also common to fit sleeves in turbocharged Honda engines.
                  Last edited by Skym; 05-07-2011, 06:37 PM.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

hmm, maybe ill sleeve all 6 then and boost the hell out of it lol
                    how much boost could stock rods and pistons handle?
                    Last edited by amnash; 02-02-2012, 04:29 AM.
                    - Adam

:

Comment

RB20DET block is thick walled. Has alot of meat between cylinders, watergalleries, etc when compared to RB26 block. The smaller 78mm? pistons help. RB26 pistons are around 86mm? That's a 8mm difference in diameter or 4mm each side of piston.

In theory cast pistons should be able to handle 600hp total for engine or 100hp per cylinder. From what I understand, the conrod bolts let go before pistons do.

This RB20DET produced around 500whp (roughly 565hp at engine) with stock pistons, conrods, stock cams wth adjustable camgears, etc while running on high octane gas (E85 or similar) -

What it sounds like -

Was done with Nistune modified stock ECU.
                      Last edited by Skym; 05-07-2011, 09:06 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

small update:
                        cleaned the transmission up and installed new pilot bearing, release bearing, and sleeve

then noticed this.. dont know how i missed it
                        theres only 2/6 fasteners holding the turbo to dump pipe
                        and 2 studs are completely missing.
                        Last edited by amnash; 02-02-2012, 04:32 AM.
                        - Adam

:

Comment

replacement piston came in the mail this morning so drove it to machine shop after work. now they can continue on. hopefully ill be able to pick it up by Friday so ill have the weekend to start putting things back together
                          Last edited by amnash; 02-02-2012, 04:32 AM.
                          - Adam

:

Comment

not ideal..but use a bolt for those bro..take one of the nuts..and go to wherever and thread it onto a bolt and buy the bolts and cut to length

Comment

My studs are pooches as well. I think I am going to try and find the part number and order some of these up.... If I find them I'll let you know
                              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

bought a vg30det turbo and divided dump pipe.
                                cant wait, gonna be way better then the crappy oem pipe

Last edited by amnash; 04-21-2015, 07:53 PM.
                                - Adam

:

Comment

Working...
                                X