No announcement yet.

Ken's 1989 BabyZilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ what happend to your head lamps? is it the picture ?
    Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

he painted them red if i remember correctly
      1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
      1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

I installed my Greddy Profec Spec II, and my shift/brake boots. I also put in my O2 wideband gauge into place in the heater vent, will finish wiring and bung install on another day.

Engine Bay (Ordered K&N Air Filter)

Cockpit view. I installed the EBC underneath instead of above in the "tabs" spot. I thought the slot was too big by about an eighth to 3/16" on the side/side & top/bot.

Next project will be to finish the wideband install and put in the FMIC and make some brackets to hold her up.
        Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 08-15-2011, 09:50 PM.
        Regards,
        Ken.

Bayside Blue '89 HCR32 RB22 "MORE POWA"
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/49160-kens-1989-babyzilla.html
        Blue '14 Mazda CX-5 - GF's Grocery Getter
        White '10 Mazda 3 - Daily Driver

Comment

Looking good man, what kinda boost u gonna run with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
          -Bruce Lee

Comment

Thanks mang, I'm running about 10 pounds right now. The EBC takes a while to fine tune, still don't quite have it setup the way I want. I do like how you can adjust how early boost kicks in. Hopefully I'll get my ass down for a nistune install sometime this summer...
            Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 08-17-2011, 10:54 PM.
            Regards,
            Ken.

Comment

Tomei adjustable cam gears on the way!
              Regards,
              Ken.

Comment

So I paid for the Tomei cam gears on August 18th from AutoDream and they never ordered them. I sent my second email in over a week asking where my gears are and finally they respond saying theyre paypal account isn't showing my payment. I verified it went through and called them at 9am to resolve the matter, I told them the day and the amount that went through. They said they had some internal errors and apologized for the inconvenience, he said he'd call back in an hour to double check everything, I asked them to send an email because I'm on night shift and would be sleeping. I never got any email and had to call them back to learn they would have to order them and it would take another 2-3 weeks. I told them their customer service sucks because I never hear back from them. They apologized again, and about 5 minutes after the phone call they decided to email me about them.

I'm seriously doubting going there to get my nistune done now.

I got a Synapse BOV sitting at home, and a AEM water/meth kit on the way.

Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM.
                Regards,
                Ken.

Comment

Sucks to hear your bad experience with them. I get really frustrated and impatient with things like that.

Other than that, nice build! Can't wait till I have the time/money to make my Godzilla Jr the way I want
                  1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

Yea sorry to hear about Autodream. I havnt had a good experience with them either. I would buy from nistune direct or purchase from the site sponsors if Possible.

There should be someone in Calgary that can tune nistune not?
                    Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

AutoDream is a GTRC sponsor, and an authorized nistune installer in Calgary. I live in Edmonton but I havent heard of any good tuning shops around town. Im not really sure what Im going to do now, all I know is that I have all winter to think about it. Theres no way Ill have time to get this done before the snow flies
                      Regards,
                      Ken.

Comment

My friend "colinr33" on the forum took his GTR to Cam at Lightspeed in Red Deer and got a kick ass tune. I think Cam also installed a Vipec system with a MAP sensor and tuned Colin's car up to 380ish AWHP. I would most certainly take it to Cam, I went for a ride in Colin's R33 and WOW, Cam hit the nail on the head. I also have another friend who took his turbo 350Z there and is pushing close to 500whp outta his ride. Just sayin, lol...
                        1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
                        -Bruce Lee

Comment

Ya Ive emailed Cam before about the Vipec, he seems like a good guy, and takes the time to respond to emails. Now I just gotta decide if I wanna fork over the cash for the better ECU upgrade. No MAF would be a huge bonus aswell.
                          Regards,
                          Ken.

Comment

ken.... we have the exact same setup(almost). so you already have a nistune or you are going to get one??

i have the dwerks 650cc injectors and a z32 maf.

you are going to want to get some oem injector o rings as the d werks are too thick(check my build thread). also there is a guy who i brought my nistune from here in the states. he is a straight forward guy who i recommend highly.

now do you have a stroked engine?? and are you running a stock turbo??

i like my d-werks but i live in the middle of the u.s. and finding a nistune tuner is scarce unless i have to drive 400miles to get ot one. do if you have one close by then go for it..

as far as getting going. i recommend you do adjustments before you install your injectors(if you havent already). i have a basic tune that has me sitting at 14afr in idle and i can cruse at 14 also. i do need a better map because at 15+psi it dropps to 9.7.

but again nistune is a great tuning tool and really user friendly. i got mine for less than 600 beans including license.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about the injector o-rings. Right now I'm stroked and running a stock turbo yeah.
                              I'm thinking I might spring for a top mount and new turbo this winter and do the last of the upgrades all at once.
                              I don't have a aftermarket ECU yet, I was looking into a nistune tuner three hours south (AutoDream) and a Vipec tuner 1.5 hours south (LightSpeed). AutoDream sells the nistune board, cable and software for $550, then add install and dyno time. Judging by AD's customer service they might not be around too much longer and it might be better to pay a little more for the superior ECU with a tuner closer to home. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and throw down 2k to get the ViPec installed and dyno'd, I could always sell the Z32 MAF.
                              Regards,
                              Ken.

Comment

Don't know what a vipec is. and also you should look into a holeset hx turbo. there really cheapo(got mine for 60 beans). reliable and iam boosting 22psi(before i swapped my injectors). i highly recommend them will be getting a 45 for my 1jz. and iam running a hx30 for my rb20. excellent spool and a steel wheel.

Comment

Working...
                                X