Frankydodo 2nd gtst (montreal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt it tonight!

Just have to wait for my new gasket for thr tb ans iacv! Solder new wore for the tps. And finish the intercooler pipe! Just also have wait for my coupling! Cant wait to start her again!
    Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk

Comment

Did a little painting tonight!

This wilk be my blow off valve

Also did the valve cover

The coilpack cover will also be gold with only the letter NISSAN TWIN CAM 24 VALVE in blackkkkkk!

As yoh can see i really like the black/gold contrast :P

Comment

This is how it looks right now

Need a little bit of cleaning and when ill receive my silicone coupler i will finally start it!

Comment

Occ and bov installed tonight

Inb4 too much effect haha kinda like the result :P

Comment

So i finally managed to start it last night! Really happy with the result. I'm having a solid +/-900rpm at idle not even stalling with my aac not connected and a atmos bov!

Its only poping a little weird when hot at idle.

EDIT: I adjusted the tps as close as i can to 0.5v , took it for a test ride and its pulling strong all the way to the redline! Right now i really want to hook my boost controller but i will not to be safe. God i can't wait till next year to get her tune!

Last edited by frankydodo; 10-05-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Oredred those little babies

Can't wait to install these! And if you have any advice on installing them drop this here please! I know that alot of people uses assembly lube on lobe/lifter instead of oil i think ill use lube as well.

Comment

You need to adjust idle rpm, fueling, timing, etc for those cams (retune ECU). Stock ECU maps are for stock cams only.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

So !

There are a little bit of update to do here!

First of all.

I bought a new exhaust manifold and i had 3 option.

1-cxracing **** at 150$ on ebay. No
                  2-Doc, fullrace, RB custom manifold at 2k+$. No
                  3- hybrid performance manifold from Nz at 5-600 range. Yes!

I talk alot with the owner of the company, Kam, and people really give him good feedback on his manifold for rb series. I also read alot of review on SAU and people say they are pretty good manifold for the price!

Check this out

inb4 omgbbqwtf topmount with internal gate! I know i know but i already have a pretty good turbo. All i will have to do is to do a custom dump/downpipe for it! No big deal.

Also receive a bunch of other parts.

Mishimoto 14'' rad fan

Raw brokerage underdrive pulley set (w/p and alt)

Also comes with the right size belt!

Edit: Also ordered a custom coilpack cover from S13Jordie!

Frank
                  Last edited by frankydodo; 12-14-2013, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Hey ! I'm from quebec ! Nice build . let me know where your turbo sit with this manifold ... im very interested. Mine is sitting between the head and the suspension tower, and my turbo is way to big to fit there !
                    Keep going bro ! what numbers ( whp) do u expect ?

Comment

Hey! Nice to see other quebec member! Ill post pic when ill have it in hand!

I expect at least between 300 and 350whp!
                      Last edited by frankydodo; 12-22-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

And guys, little question here, i'm planning my oil/coolant line setup.

I saw people passing oil line between 2 runner. Is it safe with fireproof sleeve?

Also.

-Heat wrapping manifold yay or nay?

Anything related to topmound rb20/25 coolant and oil line tip and trick are welcome here!

Frank

Comment

I passed mine between 2 runner but I attached it , I dont want the line to touch the runners.
                          Heat wrapping can be good for spooling a big turbo. On the other hand , i ve seen a lot of manifold cracking because of this.
                          I would not do this for your setup. But its my opinion

Comment

Curious to see how the HDI boost controller works out for you. I have the same one installed and during my street tune I could not get it to go above 1 bar
                            Originally posted by nick-nismo
                            this guy is killin it!!!

Comment

Thanks topher! And my hdi boost controller works like a charm ! Stable boost and it can go above 1 bar maybe you had a wastegate problem?

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe you guys can help me! I'm looking make the dump/downpipe as simple as possible and i'm looking for a 6 bolt to vband adapter for the nissan flange!

Like this one but for nissan rb20 flange. I can find 5 bolt sr20 and almost every flange exept the 6 bolt one.

If someone know something i don't or even is someone can make one ! We never know. !

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X