No announcement yet.

Frankydodo 2nd gtst (montreal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe u could buy somthing like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nissan-Skyli...0a18f9&vxp=mtr
    And if you really want a vband , cut it wand weld a vband on it thats it.

Comment

i ordered the same before i bought the top mount manifold but the angle of this dump make it almost impossible to fit because its starting to bend like almost at the flange its not straight at all.

Comment

i ordered the same before i bought the top mount manifold but the angle of this dump make it almost impossible to fit because its starting to bend like almost at the flange its not straight at all.

Comment

Just received a little something from S13jordie!

Thanks again it looks awesome! Can't wait to see the result in my goldish engine bay! :P

Comment

That got there quick considering its christmas time. I Hope you enjoy it, cant wait to see it in your bay.
            Jordie Lewis
            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Quick update, the hybrid rb25 turbo will not last. I'm replacing it with this little baby.

Kinugawa td05h 18g.

More responsive turbo then the hybrid. More appropriate for the topmount application and power goal!. With the poncam it should make a really good combo!

Comment

Wat up guys!,

Just receive this little beauty directly from NZ (took 5 weeks of shipping, i'm glad i ordered it this winter!)

Weld all looks very good and the interior of the runner are really good also! Not bad for a 600$ manifold!

Also received my ls2 truck coil from tryingtobebest (thanks!)

I will mount them on the side like this one (not my pic, taken here)

Frank

Comment

This will be the setup for 2014

all basic stuff

Intake
                  Exhaust
                  Decat
                  Fmic
                  Ebc
                  Blitz blow off

and new stuff

Ffp plenum
                  Top mount manifold
                  Td05h big 16g turbo (rate 385hp)
                  Z32 maf
                  440 cc injector
                  Ls2 coilpack
                  Raw brokerage pulley set
                  Tomei poncam 256
                  New oem timing belt/tensioner/idler
                  Mishimoto 14" rad fan
                  Socketed rb20 ecu.

I think ill finally get in the 3xxwhp club

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I love your build and constant updates. You're changing turbos like underwear lol. I was keen on the Kinugawa line up as well. I have an HKS GT2540 on one car and a VG30 on the other and was looking at the same RB20/25 "bolt on" turbo for one & possibly the TD06-25G with 8cm rear housing for the other. I'm glad you're using these turbos so i can see the trouble you went through and the way they respond with your mods etc. Consider me an avid follower of this build.

One thing to note, why the LS coils? Is it a simple affair? Seen others do it and wonder why don't they just get Super Spark coil packs or Splitfire coil packs? Thanks.
                    aama || speed.style.sound

1993 Mitsubishi Lancer MX - 4G93T swap (sold)
                    1999 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R sedan - SR20VE swap (sold)
                    1991 Nissan 240SX coupe - RHD & RB20DET swap (being built; fun/multipurpose track car)
                    1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R - RB20DET swap (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by Kurn_K View Post
                      I love your build and constant updates. You're changing turbos like underwear lol. I was keen on the Kinugawa line up as well. I have an HKS GT2540 on one car and a VG30 on the other and was looking at the same RB20/25 "bolt on" turbo for one & possibly the TD06-25G with 8cm rear housing for the other. I'm glad you're using these turbos so i can see the trouble you went through and the way they respond with your mods etc. Consider me an avid follower of this build.

One thing to note, why the LS coils? Is it a simple affair? Seen others do it and wonder why don't they just get Super Spark coil packs or Splitfire coil packs? Thanks.
                      Thanks man!

And for the coilpack, yellowjacket and splitfire are 500$ and the spark they can create is no close to the gm ls2 coil that i got for like 120$! I'm an electrician so making a little harness for the coil is not a problem for me! So basically i do not want to pay more to get less when i can get more while paying less! Haha!

Edit: How a 2540 act on a rb20? I know 2530 is a good fast spool turbo but what about the 2540?
                      Last edited by frankydodo; 01-14-2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankydodo View Post
                        Thanks man!

And for the coilpack, yellowjacket and splitfire are 500$ and the spark they can create is no close to the gm ls2 coil that i got for like 120$! I'm an electrician so making a little harness for the coil is not a problem for me! So basically i do not want to pay more to get less when i can get more while paying less! Haha!

Edit: How a 2540 act on a rb20? I know 2530 is a good fast spool turbo but what about the 2540?
                        Yea that's about the price of those after market coils and i read up on the LSx coils and prices and wow. You've got me definitely interested in going that route.

As for the turbo spool, i'm not sure as to what's laggy for some as i went from a VG30 turbo to the 2540 and because the 2540 is dual ball bearing the spool up time is roughly the same. Furthermore, where i live its traffic and traffic lol so the "lag" i get is fine when driving daily and it really doesn't bother me when it kicks in. I notice alot of people talk about lag and lag but i'm content with that. When i get retuned i'll actually look to see when positive boost is made and when peak is as well and let you know as i'd like to know how yours turns out too. Also present map has my rev limit increased to 8500 rpm.
                        Last edited by Kurn_K; 01-15-2014, 04:23 PM.
                        aama || speed.style.sound

1993 Mitsubishi Lancer MX - 4G93T swap (sold)
                        1999 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R sedan - SR20VE swap (sold)
                        1991 Nissan 240SX coupe - RHD & RB20DET swap (being built; fun/multipurpose track car)
                        1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R - RB20DET swap (daily driver)

Comment

Well if you are interrested on ls2 coil go check the for sale section i bought them from a mamber here! I think he got another set for sale!

Comment

Also forgot the tell you guys...i kinda lied to you. Right before kinugawa ships my turbo i told them to cancel the 18g, told them to ship a td05h big 16g, I want more response and it will be good for my power goal!

Comment

it will be better suited on a rb20 !

Comment

Exactly! I love fast boost :P and im aiming for 320-350 whp so its the perfect turbo fot a 2.0l engine !

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X