Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skym
    replied
    So dyno run was done in 1:1 gear of the R34 RB20DE gearbox???

I gather from dynograph of RB30 vs RB26 that throughout powerband is where the 2.2 litre would help.

I was told by my tuner mate that a dip at lower rpm's is due to duration of cams and gets worse with more duration and is totally normal, as I gather cams require engine to be run richer at idle, etc. That's the only downside to cams. My guess is Tomei Poncams (going by shape of curve compared to dynochart's I've seen with Tomei Poncams installed)???

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    I got the csv data so I'll post it up :P

yes it has cams

I think the 2.2L makes a difference compared to the 2.0L from the GTS-R

as you can see the slight over boost seems to be good, and the little dip at 4500 could give a few more HPs

also AFRs at 3000 ned to be a bit more rich to help spool things up I think.

PS here's the Dyno sheet from Oct. 2005 where the power is flywheel estimate

I think RPM seems strange.... don't remember what technique they used back then.

with the dynopack, engine was brought up to the 3500RPM on the AVC-R and the ratio was determined

all pulls were done in 4th gear

with an R34 RB20DE tranny

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    I like. What does the boost curve dynochart look like??, as it looks like turbo achieves full boost just over 4000rpm (about 4200rpm), going by when engine reaches peak torque, which is not bad. Much better than stock GTS-R turbo at 4800rpm.

Boosted up stock GTS-R achieves around 284rwkw (380.8rwkw) at 22psi. So 265rwkw (355rwhp) at 16psi on your car is not bad when you consider your car has a stock exhaust manifold and GTS-R has the hp advantage of a equal length exhaust manifold. There's like a 12hp+ gain at same boost level with equal length exhaust manifold.

Does your engine have cams???

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Here's the dynosheet

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    I like. 400hp at engine is going to make it a quick R32GTS-T on the racetrack.

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    nice numbers !!!

your car is going to be hella fast - er than mine..

did you tune it yourself?

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Well the build is now finished for the summer.

I went to the dyno yesterday and managed 350WHP@6000RPM and a steady 16psi :P

Boost control is good, no more over boosting .. got like 50HP by going there and smoothing things out!

I also fixed a very strange dip in torque that was caused by the timing being pulled from 21 to 7 ... ?! that 14 deg retard caused us alot of trouble but I finally found out to fix it.

Injectors reach 76% which is still very safe
    dynosheet to come
    the tuning was done on a dynapack dyno at dynodoc in outremont
    hey was very well equiped and things went smoothly once we got everything sorted out

Leave a comment:

• cschepp
    replied
    Cool klys that's awesome man. Oh ya btw thanks for the stud number I ordered them up from nissan the only down fall was that they took 2 weeks to come in, but they worked awesome. My cars going back together and soon hope to get this close to finished. Its killing me not driving it in this beautiful weather!

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Woohoo I finally got to take the car out!
    started right up! the first time!

I of course had the typical collar that wasn't tight enough, but other than that everything went fine.

managed to put brand new Hawk HP+ pads while the car was in the air.

the old pads were almost to the metal.

Next up: Apex'i AVC-R install

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    yeah really it sucks BIG time....

I should be driving my car now! + 20 degree weather ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• 91SkylineGts-t
    replied
    thats terrible man. i just did the same thing but i had 4 broken studs. i tried to use an easy out and they broke. so i have 4 broken studs 2 with easyouts in them. time to pull the head and send it to the machine shop...fml

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Ahh man today I decided to used two shorter, easy to change studs to put my whole setup back in then: SNAP another stud I was trying to remove broke in my hands.

this time, we broke the easy out in the hole... it took us most of the evening to remove it.
    and we somewhat damaged the thread ....

we were able to retap itbut I'm not 100% confident on the depth of the thread.

both studs that snaped were the ones where there were signs of an exhaust leak on the exhaust gasket...

this one was like soldered into the head ... gaaaahhh

Man and I thought I was gonna have my turbo running tonight

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    I have USED manifold studs from my other block, best to get new though unfortunately.. Let me know though!

Leave a comment:

• jessem
    replied
    Im fairly sure vg30 studs are the same, as i used one on my car before, I cant confirm if their the same length but it seems to work for me.

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    hun hun :P
    now I need them exhaust manifold studs ..... arrrg

Leave a comment:

Working...
X