X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klys
    replied
    of course! I plan on installing it next week

Genuine OEM turbochargers of all brands and models. Garrett, borgwarner kkk, Holset, IHI, continental, MHI, we carry and service all of them. VSR balancing.

514-913-2146

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    sweet, will it run this summer ? :P

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Wow that's bad@ss man. Good stuff!
    Post his contact info as i'd like to see about hi-flowing my neo 6 turbo next winter!

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Well I got my turbo rebuilt!

Here are a few before and after shots

AND AFTER!

here's what the Blaast performance told me:
    It seems I was missing a ball, from the ball bearing, and the oil seal was done for. So mucho oil was coming in the intake manifold.

My theory on the over boosting is that the oil fumes didn't burn in the cylinder, but probably in my exhaust manifold, which in turn did like an antilag.. providing more boost.

Also, he ported the wastegate hole to provide more volume evac if needed.

AND he put in ceramic ball bearings!! it seems it will bring spool down by 500RPM!!

can't wait to see that!

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    Also for a GT2871R turbo onto T3 RB20DET flange -

You need the "T3 Turbine Inlet Flange, 5 bolt T3/T4 Ford Style Discharge for internal or external wastegate use" or second housing from top in above link.

Then you buy the "swingvalve assembly" (bolt on) -

Advanced Tuning Products or ATP Turbo offers aftermarket turbo solutions and engine tuning accessories for high performance cars.

Then make a custom dumppipe to suit. It clicked when they said the "swingvalve assembly" fits on the "T3 Turbine Inlet Flange, 5 bolt T3/T4 Ford Style Discharge for internal or external wastegate use" that works with GT2871R turbo.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    If you run a HKS or Garrett adjustable internal wastegate actuator on the rebuilt RB20 turbo + electronic boost controller + ECU retune, should get a rebuilt RB20 turbo to spool up earlier.

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
    Thats incredible.. i'll definitely have to look into this as i have a spare rb20 turbo laying around from my parts car. Would definitely be more advantageous, in my opinion, then having to deal around the lag of a larger, more powerful turbo.. Where is this possible to get done? I'm not very familiar with anyone in Montreal, rather, Canada, that deals with turbo rebuilds. And cost wise, is it an advantage?
    Thanks for the reply Skym

Klys must have an idea!
    actually I do have a name or two. just got to make sure I spell them right

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Yeah I know I gotta fix it, they were on my defunct skyline file server. EDIT:Fixed

On a side note, I got my car on track today for the first time since May, and Man was it fun ! the stock turbo is a tad bit more responsive compared to my HKS. but runs out of breath above 6000... a bit less top end too. BTW it's running at a steady 0.8 peaking at 0.9 bar.

I did manage to pop a hose from the turbo outlet on the 1st lap, got out and put it back on Tightly, and everything was fine.

I held on to an Lexus IS-F for quite a few laps.

man it felt good to have brakes compared to the Subaru or my dads cars which I both drove this summer on the Autodrome st-eustache track.

I was considering buying new pads as my Hawk HP+ were almost gone. as I was taking out the empty boxes I had lying around for the past year, I found an un-empty Hawk box.

so I put it in my big bag of stuff to bring back to the appartment and BEHOLD! a sealed pack of front Hawk HP+ WOO HOO !

I probably bought them last year and I forgot about this year with all the other stuff going on!! yesss

Leave a comment:

• ARC240
    replied
    Klys, just saw a video of this car on YouTube...sounds amazing!!! I love it.

Leave a comment:

• RWD_GTR
    replied
    none of the pics work in this thread for me

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    ECU tune is probably richer, if it's suited to HKS turbo. Going from 13.43 to 12.85 A/F ratio makes boost rise 0.3 psi. Imagine the gains when dropping to 11.6:1.

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Humm I resolve most of the leaks...

man this is quite fun now.. not as much torque as with the HKS unit, but boost seems to build a bit faster.

0.8 bar at under 3000RPM steady to 7000 and I haven't touched the tune yet.

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    A rebuilt turbo on RB20DET at half throttle is amazing acceleration wise, as you need to have car in straight line, or you'll be in trouble. It's like stock acceleration but more violent / quicker.

Stock RB20 turbo has a T3 55 trim compressor wheel, going by the size of compressor wheel (42mmx59mm) in a 0.50 A/R compressor housing. Upgrade wise they seem to use a T3 60 trim (46.5mmx60mm) in the same housing on a rebuilt RB20 turbo, which is similar in compressor wheel size to stock VG30DET turbo, that from memory has bigger A/R compressor, exhaust housings. The rebuilt RB20 turbo uses a TB03 CHRA, which I found out from reasearch, is the same CHRA as used on non ballbearing VG30DET turbo. Exhaust wheel upgrade on rebuilt RB20 turbo is 58.9mmx48.7mm with 72 trim T3 shaft. Stock RB20 turbo = 0.4 A/R exhaust housing. Stock ceramic exhaust wheel is 51mmx43mm on RB20, RB25 stock turbo's.

From a dynograph, 11.3psi-12psi is at 6000-7500rpm. It's more like 10.3psi at 3500rpm and rises to 11.3 psi at 4500rpm with stock ECU tuning, "stuffed" stock RB20 wastegate actuator. Lean A/F (12.85-13.43 A/F at 3500rpm, where it should be 11.6:1) doesnt help boost level wise with stock engine ECU maps and neither did the stuffed stock wastegate actuator. But is safe (11.6:1) at 7500rpm. So budget to do ECU retune (Nistune) at same time to get lower rpm A/F ratio, ignition timing, etc sorted.

There's a few turbo businesses in Canada, search my post's, as I posted them a while back.

The benefit is rebuilt RB20 turbo uses all of the factory gaskets, factory oil, water feed, return, etc. Also need a new O ring for oilfeed. It looks stock to the eye but engine produces more hp. Perfect sleeper mod.

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Thats incredible.. i'll definitely have to look into this as i have a spare rb20 turbo laying around from my parts car. Would definitely be more advantageous, in my opinion, then having to deal around the lag of a larger, more powerful turbo.. Where is this possible to get done? I'm not very familiar with anyone in Montreal, rather, Canada, that deals with turbo rebuilds. And cost wise, is it an advantage?
    Thanks for the reply Skym

Klys must have an idea!

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    It was from my post above. Rebuilt RB20 turbo has a new aftermarket CHRA (Centre Housing Rotating Assembly or centre part of turbo), compressor wheel, exhaust wheel (steel exhaust wheel). Stock compressor and exhaust housings are machined to suit the slightly bigger compressor wheel, exhaust wheel. It's basically a stock turbo from a VG30DET with RB20 turbo compressor, exhaust housings.

This rebuilt RB20 turbo with intake, exhaust, BOV mods, stock dumppipe, stock intercooler has full boost at around 3500rpm (stock is around 2500rpm-2800rpm), but pulls all the way to 7500rpm (peak hp), where it hits the stock rev limiter. In that state (stock ECU maps), engine produces around 275hp at 12psi (equivalent of running 1.2bar with stock turbo). With ECU retune (up to 30hp gain), close to 305hp.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X