• Show
Clear All

• frankiman
    replied
    AVC-R ? :P

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Well I got my cometic exhaust manifold gasket as well as new gasket for trubo and outlet.

I ordered sr20det/ka24 exhaust studs, but they don't work too short by 9mm...

man, suck to wait for parts

I might be buying a nice piece of electronics soon stay posted

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    T.I. FTW

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    yes I remember, for us , they combined both courses: so it was called ING-160 thermodynamique des fluides ...

which I loved

are you using the units of your calculator? helped me tenfolds!

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    based on the fluids mechanics class mec335 (still remember that one?) port matching will reduce the KL factor alot (sharp intake, sudden diameter reduction), which will in turn greatly reduce the Head loss (HL)

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    bought a very clean manifold today from Opus! thanks man!

I'm going to port match turbo gasket and manifold flange.

and remove the casting remain!

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    I'd say the gasket was going. And you said 2 studs were stuck in the head? Most likely they were either failing and backed off slightly, leading to a small leak.. Mine definitely didn't look THAT black when i pulled it off, but it's hard to tell because the coating on them is a black like colour.. That looks like carbon though, so failed seal or backing off studs could have been very likely..

Cylinder 1 and 5 seem most prominent.. Whats worse is that if there's trace on the rest of the manifold from there, then its a more substantial leak, but that would be very noticeable; noisy and a definite response issue.

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied

I was wondering if the carbon shown on the front portion here mean that the gasket was going at that there were more leaks??
    gasket was also blackened

front and rear were like that ...

Leave a comment:

• cschepp
    replied
    Hey i have one of those if it's for the rb25 and its in good condition. Will give you a great deal on it!

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    Damn, at least you noticed the crack..
    I have a manifold if you need!! I really should bump my FS thread for my RB20 motor that's just sitting around collecting dust.. If you still need it, or want one sooner, let me know!

As for the gasket matching; i did that on mine before putting it back into the car.. However, as you all know, i havent really been able to test the car to its max potential as everything seems to be exploding lol.

There may be (might be different for you) 2 ports on the engine side of the manifold that can matched as well.. For me anyways, it was the 2 closest to the firewall.. They were off as much as 2 mm.. I also stuffed the exhaust ports and went for the matching on the head as well. Cleans up really nice, and as Skym mentioned and many others as well, there seems to be a noticeable gain in terms of power and efficiency.. I can imagine an RB20 would benefit a lot more from something like this..

Leave a comment:

• Skym
    replied
    Enlarging ports on exhaust manifold, matching turbo to exhaust manifold (using gasket as guide) on RB25DET engine seems to make engine rev quicker, more wheelspin and can run 4 degrees less ignition timing for same rwhp and 15% less duty cycle on boost controller.

I hear Nismo does this to N1 exhaust manifolds on RB26, so above reasons could be why they do it. I think Mines do the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• frankiman
    replied
    good thing you found that crack before it led to any other (worst) problem

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Well, I removed the stock GTS-T turbo, to put my rebuilt HKS back in. but first I decided to to see if the manifold and turbine inlet needed a little port to optimize the flow.

well two things were discovered:
    1- yes theres a lot of beef that can be ported compared to the gasket... around 1/8 to 1/4"

and two this:

as some of you might notice it is a divided manifold... dunno if it's stock... but it was on my car.

but the major problem is that it as a effin crack in it!!!

so my inspection lead to this finding out I had a crack manifold.. the crack is about 1.5" long and is from inside to outside

that the good part, me finding I had a crack

the bad part is that 1 of the 12 exhaust studs that broke into the head > *cry*

(-,_,-)

I have a new stock manifold on the way

just need to order an exhaust gasket

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    hihi yeah I saw that yesterday.. seems to be up and running now

Leave a comment:

• nelsonmxmarc
    replied
    This account has been suspended.
    Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources.
    Hmm seems like a pretty legit company.. LOL!

Good stuff. Get that car running, we all need to meet up some time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X