• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNW
    replied
    Originally posted by klys View Post
    Well my APP Steel Braided Lines are in!

It kinda makes a difference but I'll See tomorrow on the track!

I tried it a couple of times and I got to the braking threshold two three times easily.

The feel is just a bit stiffer but not overly so
    braking shouldn't feel any different during normal driving, but you won't experience brake fade during hard driving with those lines

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Well my APP Steel Braided Lines are in!

It kinda makes a difference but I'll See tomorrow on the track!

I tried it a couple of times and I got to the braking threshold two three times easily.

The feel is just a bit stiffer but not overly so

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    Here are a few Goodies I have received!

New HKS filters, they say they need to be changed every 5000km?!
    I had been runing my old one for the last 30k

APP Stainless Steel Brake lines
    I'll see how they hold at the track!

Nismo SS clutch line

Well since I have an ORC 709D clutch coming in
    this might come in handy

A Nismo harned clutch fork pivot

Last but not least
    An OMP WRC leather steering wheel

I also bought some Motul DOT 5.1 brake fluid
    to replace my less that a year old DOT4

Leave a comment:

• klys
    replied
    For sure Mat I will need so help with the manifold!

I don't get how two small ceramic turbos like that took so much time to spool

However I'm sure that 9 PSI from both the GTR turbo probably flow more air then my 15PSI. the difference being that my 15 PSI come on at 3500rpm :P

I'm still thinking .. 2530 for 2.6L 2510 for 2.2L good compromise

anyways I really don't know yet if this is ever going to happen but I'd love to see it in action

Leave a comment:

• lucky_cefiro
    replied
    hey Klys, i was looking around at this myself, from what i've seen on a standard rb20 with stock gtr turbo's 9psi came on at 5000rpm...nto much of a powerband...that could also be because of the piping they used.

if you need somone to fab the manifold, let me know, i've had it figured out for a long long time how to do it...and on the cheap.

Leave a comment:

• MNW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cory Scheuer
    sounds like a good project.... i hope you will be redoing the bottom end and head?... and with forges internals? what manifold are you going to be using... i would get one from JUN made for the RB20 but looks like the GTR one...

anyways hope it works out... looks like a good project

Cory
    unbeknown'st to you obviously, klys' engine is already built (rb22), so he already has a good start on most other people

klys, as for more HP, more HP means more lag

Leave a comment:

• h4X6
    replied
    sounds like a good project.... i hope you will be redoing the bottom end and head?... and with forges internals? what manifold are you going to be using... i would get one from JUN made for the RB20 but looks like the GTR one...

anyways hope it works out... looks like a good project

Cory

Leave a comment:

• klys
    started a topic Project: Ultimate Response GTS-T

Project: Ultimate Response GTS-T

Well over the course of the winter I will try to see if my project is feasable. I will gather as much info as I can as I don't think it has been done before in Canada.

I currently have an HKS GT2535 and Although I like it very much (very very much :P ) I beleive the RB20 powerplant could be a bit faster to spool.

Also I'm basically limited to under 400HP at the crank with this turbo.

I could go for a bigger one BUT. One thing I wouldn't want is added lag!!

I'm really starting to like my Idea:

Going for a Twin turbo setup on my 2.2L platform !

I'm looking for either twin GT2510's OR twin HKS GT-SS's.

my current Hurdles are: the twin turbo Exhaust manifold for the RB20 head And the Electronics associated.

I could certainly attach a dummy intake with a single Z32 MAF (My current) but I feel this is probably not as accurate as a twin MAF setup or all out MAP.

I'm also somewhat worried about the RB20 head that doesn't flow enough air and that it might cause a bottle neck above 400hp

My funds are limited and I will porbably need to buy a new clutch next year as well as another Diff.

I will have more details as the project comes along

here's a teezer:
Working...
X