Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ive seen 95 prelude headlights on a skyline and honestly, they fit better than 95 accord headlights. from 3 meters distance, i thought they were headlights made for the skyline, until i came really close i noticed it wasnt completely flush
    Legend of the red R

Comment

What are the headlight specs?

Hi, wanting to change the headlights on my Skyline and was wondering on a couple of things before purchasing a pair of useless headlights (wrong ones).

So anyone that has done this conversion can answer this if they know.

I know that the headlights are from a 95 Accord but I heard there are two different types of headlights for this year car depending on the vehicles power plant (ie: V6 or 4 cylinder) cause the hood is actually a different shape and so on.

I only ask this because when I tried ordering a set of headlights I was asked this question and looking through this tread it makes no mention of any different models, so anyone who has done this could answer this question with the set that they used were off of ????....V6 or 4 Cyl????

Thanks for the help in advance and I look forward to a reply.

Comment

From a set of 96 Accord headlights.

Mods were done to the headlight unit itself and minor work done to the corner light, but nothing done to the frame of the car. This is just the preliminary fitting on a GTS-T. I think with a little more work and maybe some extra black grommet it will look nice.
        RED 1991 GTS-T Type M
        Clarion/Alpine/Cusco/Blitz/HKS/Greddy/XS power/Glow shift/Veilside

Comment

Mods were done to the headlight unit itself and minor work done to the corner light, but nothing done to the frame of the car. This is just the preliminary fitting on a GTS-T. I think with a little more work and maybe some extra black grommet it will look nice.
          Can u take pix of the beam of the lights at night?

Comment

sure, as soon as i figure out the f-in wiring...
            RED 1991 GTS-T Type M

Comment

I can only get the passenger side high beam to work...cant get either low beams to work yet.

heres how it looks 95% finished.

RED 1991 GTS-T Type M

Comment

nice props to you!

Comment

you going to do a write up once your done the wiring..
                  :-)
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

sure, I'm almost done. I have the daytime running lights and the low beams working now, but no high beams.
                    RED 1991 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Originally posted by WildCard_ View Post
                      sure, I'm almost done. I have the daytime running lights and the low beams working now, but no high beams.
                      if your still needing some help, next time i go to the island i can help tackle the project. angel eyes and H1/H3 setups are not hard for me.
                      Fast isn't Fast enough

Comment

cool. I finished the project finally. I payed a shop to put the daytime running light relay in for me. However with the halo set i have now, i can dedicate a bulb to daytime only.

SO now I have a middle daytime light with Halo ring around it on all the time, law beam selection, and high beam selection(which wasn't working due to blown fuse in the engine bay.)

I also pulled the 2 15amp fuses in the engine bay and slotted in 2 20amp fuses.
                        RED 1991 GTS-T Type M

Comment

Originally posted by WildCard_ View Post

I also pulled the 2 15amp fuses in the engine bay and slotted in 2 20amp fuses.
                          I may be missing something, but whats the point of this step? From what I can tell you just upped the current that would have to go through the fuse before it blows. Which also means the wire will be pulling up to 20 amps before the fuse blows. And the fuse was sized to protect that wire. So now, you have created a fire hazzard. Have you ever smelt or been there when a wire actually starts on fire from a short?

I will tell you from experience it si VERY scary. Knowing that there is NOTHING that is going to stop that wire from melting until you either shut the car off (and hope it was switched) or the wire burns through and breaks. or the battery blows up, or the entire car lights on fire and eventually blows up.

Comment

yea I've melted before and dont ever want to go threw that smell/mess again. I pulled all the stock wiring for the headlights from the fuse box to make a cleaner looking install. Actually, the only reason i even decided to up it to 20 amps is simply because stock 96 accord circuits run 20 amp fuses to their headlight assemblies.
                            RED 1991 GTS-T Type M

Comment

What!!

Are you kidding me?? Wow whoever figured this out is the man!! I guess this opens a whole new option for customizing things...this car ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Hi guys, can anyone here tell me which model of Accord had the black housing headlights?

Thanks.
                                1990 Veilside Edition Skyline GT-R

Comment

Working...
                                X