• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Honda Accord Halo 1 style headlights
    RED 1991 GTS-T Type M
    Clarion/Alpine/Cusco/Blitz/HKS/Greddy/XS power/Glow shift/Veilside

Comment

Hey nice work, i recently got interested in this cause i just moved back to bc and have to get the inspection done. they look like a decent swap, I'm not too keen on the gaps though, I have n1 headlights in the car and the cops dont harass me with them and trust me they see me everywhere i go, but to pass the vi has anyone tried 95-96 maxima headlights, i have been looking at them online and they look alot closer to me. I havent had the chance to measuer the maxima lights yet but once i see one i'll pull him over too. lol Anyways let me know if anyone has tried or not. But if they dont work i will go this rout for the vi. then back to my n1's

Comment

I thought the n1's were dot compliant.

correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfattak View Post
          I thought the n1's were dot compliant.

correct me if I'm wrong
          I'm not sure, lol but regardless i have to do it cause some chick backed into me and cracked the lense on the passenger side, But I have never been pulled over with them in and they fooled the inspector when i took the car there to find out what all had to b done. What exactly is there issue with the stock ones? the projector?

Comment

N1's arent compliant..

they have to be DOT, SAE, or E coded..

they would have a stamp stating as such..

if N1's were SAE, or DOT, then why would anyone bother with this Honda light thing.

Get some honda lights.. put them in..

get the car inspected and take them out again..

thats what 90% of the people do..

if you live in Penticton.. well then i would keep the honda lights in.. there are some Commercial Vehicle Inspectors out there with a thing for RHD.

but down here. (Lower mainland, not really a big issue)
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

your guys threads definatly are helping me with this dot safety crap for sure, i love the marker lights you are putting in, wehre are you getting them? And has anyone actually taken the n1's out to scribe the proper markings in them? lol just a thought but im sure if done right it would eliminate the hassles from the cops. lol But you guys are definatly a huge help.

Comment

IS300 lights are teh markers i have used..

I have a DIY on here somewhere.

as for scriping..
                Umm i would think that would get you in more trouble.. I would jsut swap the honda lights out..

and if you get a pulled over.. Plead Ignorance.. and then swap them back in for the VI..

Good to go..

Comment

sweet man, ya i saw your other thread on the markers, And love them. Thanx for all the input.

Comment

My (skyline) headlights have a DOT stamp on the inside of the glass. Also have an Ichikoh (brand i think) stamp on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlokk View Post
                      My (skyline) headlights have a DOT stamp on the inside of the glass. Also have an Ichikoh (brand i think) stamp on them.
                      pics? thats sweet i wanna see

Comment

What is the most common headlight used in the GTST these days for CDNs.

the fitment at the start of this thread is nice, but the light still looks like it shouldnt be there.

and if you get inspected, then put the orig. lights back in, what can happen if 'caught'?

thanks
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

HOnda accord lights are the most commen for R32, GTR, and GTS-T.

most people take them out.. and no worries.. if you get caught they just make you get it insepcted again..

Swap in, the accord lights and swap out..

where i live in BC, never had an issue.. never even had a cop look at the lights before.

Comment

Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                            HOnda accord lights are the most commen for R32, GTR, and GTS-T.

most people take them out.. and no worries.. if you get caught they just make you get it insepcted again..

Swap in, the accord lights and swap out..

where i live in BC, never had an issue.. never even had a cop look at the lights before.
                            Very true,

I got pulled over for a speeding ticket (5 over the limit going up SFU...) and then the cop noticed that my front plate was not mounted. Got an order to have it installed (zip tied... but any better way to mount this guys?)

He didn't notice the lights nor knew. whew.

Comment

alright, good. thanks hunter and m13
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I have accord lights that I would like to trade for stock headlights if anyone is looking to pass inspection, trade headlights with me PM ME.
                                1991 Nissan Skyline GTR for sale - $10,000 obo.

Comment

Working...
                                X