Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should check out NB. I ask my company for a 1996 GTR R33 appraised at 18k and it was around 1200.00$ a year (I'm 24 with no tickets/accident).
    03 lancer dead
    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
    05 chevy silverado L33
    2010 crv Wife's ride
    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• Originally posted by GTRADDICT View Post
      Should check out NB. I ask my company for a 1996 GTR R33 appraised at 18k and it was around 1200.00$ a year (I'm 24 with no tickets/accident).
      Full coverage? Jesus my GTR is 1400$ with collision ONLY. Damn old ppl that hit me, I'll hate them for the rest of my life, seriously.
      1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• That's pretty good for collision mine is liability only and it's 1500 right now I can only get collision if I get an appraisal

Comment

• RE: I'm young and I want a GTR

I'm young and I want a GTR

Nah seriously, i'm 14 (15 in august) and i've wanted a skyline ever since I can remember. By the time I have enough money to buy one + cough enough money up for insurance etc, i'll be a more mature and a more experienced driver.

I think age stereotype's create a trust barrier - it's all about how mature the individual is. I also realise that young guys like me are simply inexperienced drivers.

I agree with the fact that there's some dumbass kids that go out, buy an import, role it into a ditch within the first 2 weeks of owning it, and make a bad name & reputation for the rest of the community. I saw a wrecked R32 by a safeway the other day... perfect example right there.

Sometime's I just hope that by the time i'm able to own a skyline, the government hasn't put major limitations/restrictions on imports.

Comment

• Well at least you have a decent mindset kiddo. I was in your exact position, and the same age, when I joined this site, let me tell you, its not as easy as you think hehe.

Insurance will be your killer, depending on where you live. Keep fighting for it, but be smart about it.
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
              hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by hozer View Post
                Thank you, I agree completely
                1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• RE:

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                  Well at least you have a decent mindset kiddo. I was in your exact position, and the same age, when I joined this site, let me tell you, its not as easy as you think hehe.

Insurance will be your killer, depending on where you live. Keep fighting for it, but be smart about it.
                  This summer i'm going for a job - Got any suggestions? (beside's babysitting and mowing lawns )

Comment

• Don't be picky. Take what you can get. The economy the way it is, it's hard as hell to find a job. I was jobless for over a year after I lost my job till I found my new one. Was applying to roughly 30-40 jobs every two days. So if you find something, jump on it
                    Originally posted by kengeroo
                    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                    ...don't drink and ebay
                    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• My suggestion is:

save for school. If you save all your money for a car, youll end up out of a good career. Do the school thing til youre 22, then youll have a good job that can support your family, as well as your car desires.

Trust me, I was told the same thing 4 years ago. I didnt want to believe it, but I listened to it. I am extremely grateful now, unlike all of the kids I went to highschool with that have the cars I would love to have at my age, but they work full time dead end minimum wage jobs JUST to pay for the car, still living at home, with no future. Definitely not worth it kiddo.

Comment

• Or just start working a trade. Easy to get into and pay is almost impossible to beat. Especially for the amount of work you actually do. But that's just me cause I like to work with my hands and if I had a desk job I would kill myself

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                          My suggestion is:

save for school. If you save all your money for a car, youll end up out of a good career. Do the school thing til youre 22, then youll have a good job that can support your family, as well as your car desires.

Trust me, I was told the same thing 4 years ago. I didnt want to believe it, but I listened to it. I am extremely grateful now, unlike all of the kids I went to highschool with that have the cars I would love to have at my age, but they work full time dead end minimum wage jobs JUST to pay for the car, still living at home, with no future. Definitely not worth it kiddo.
                          Best thing my parents did was make me pay for school. As shitty as it sounds, all the hard work pays off. I worked all through highschool to pay for college. Moved 3 hours away from home to go to school in toronto. worked part time through college, graduated with good grades, within 6 months i was offered a job with 45K salary.

Now I have my skyline, my own place and money for other non essentials (vacations ect.).

As shitty as it sounds, the best thing my parents did was say no to me having a car in highschool. Buy and build a car when you can afford it rather than working just for a car.

just my .02
                          Jordie Lewis
                          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                            My suggestion is:

Although I supported the end of this thread I just want to say:
                            Seriously Adler and all young people considering Skylines, please listen to Oakville.

Education > Significant Other > House > Basic Transportation > Skyline

Although these are all greater than symbols they can be turned into arrows as well. Toys are just that, toys. Invest in yourself first, invest in good assets second, and buy toys after that. I followed this sequence and I had all those things by 28, if I did that in reverse I shudder to think what my life would be like now.
                            1994 R32 GT-R V-Spec II

Originally posted by aN4rk1
                            Like frig, is it really that hard to spell properly on the "internetz"?? I don't know whether these guys just choose to spell like that or don't know HOW to spell...either way...WTF?

Comment

• Yeah man, Nismoist is right.

Not trying to tell you what to do man, just some insight. I just turned 19 and am very glad I listened to my pops, just like what Jordie said.

Would you want to throw away your chances at a rewarding career that can pay for EVERYTHING (house, family, transportation, toys (Skyline)), just so you can throw away every cent you have during high school, when you need it most (to pay for post secondary) to pay for a skyline?

Not all people want the same things in life, the kids I was talking about before wanted fast and built cars before they graduated high school. They got them, but now, they are dead broke, living in their moms basements with no end in sight, just so they can have those fun cars. My dad made this mistake, and while hes done well recently, he gave up his dreams that he would've been 5x happier doing, and making 5x more money, just to pay for the mods to his car at 20.

Buy an old honda, keep it stock, keep it reliable. If you need a car to get you around that is (my commute to school and work is about 500kms a week), if you dont NEED a car, dont buy one. You'll save insane money.
                              Last edited by Oakville; 06-07-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• I cant live without my car..

Bottem line dont spend on stupid things..

Life is short.. I personally am not going to sit around working all the time when i could be doing things that are fun..

im 26, I have a House, a Motorbike (That I bought Brand new) , Couple skylines. couple other cars, Take vacations, do whatever i want, most of the time.. its working well for me, its all about the choices you make at certain times in your life. I was kicked out at 17, got here all on my own.. Life is what you make it.. Im not formaly educated.. if your smart, and easy to get along with.. you will go far.. anyone can read a book, but social skills, those cant be taught (Very well)
                                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X