This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sleeth21 View Post
    Who drives normal all the time? There is I time and place in the street when you can haul a bit of ass of do a little drift. when you know its safe and you don't take it to far. Any thing can happen at any speed sure its more likely driving faster its just up to the driver to watch every thing and know when to lay off. Trust me I do my best to give a good reputation for imports and my self to improve my insurance rate.

Comment

• Hey there, So today is my first day on the forum, I am one of those young 'kids' who we are speaking of who wants a GTR. I have read through this thread a couple times, I've done research on the GTR, I know about the oil pump issues and such, do I believe I am the next Tarzan Yamada? Not a chance. I compleatly agree with what was posted on the first page, I agree that with young drivers many lack the maturity that is required when given the power of a very high performance car. I know many of my friends who drive like idiots, this isnt a secret, but as stated before alot of it is maturity and responsability. I have friends in thier 20's and they still drive like idiots, yes they may have experiance but it is in no way compensation for the lack of responsability. Me and my father are looking at a 92 R32 Gtr as a father son project before I go off to University. This car would not be for street racing, showing off to the friends or any such thing, it would be for taking up to Calabogie (local Track) and the ocasional AutoX. It is true that the majority of young guys who have there first car, or second, tend to drive like idiots, like said before most stereotypes due have some amount of truth to them. So really what I am saying is that I agree with the maturity over age.
      I drive a Honda...

Comment

• Originally posted by sleeth21 View Post
        Who drives normal all the time? There is I time and place in the street when you can haul a bit of ass of do a little drift. when you know its safe and you don't take it to far. Any thing can happen at any speed sure its more likely driving faster its just up to the driver to watch every thing and know when to lay off. Trust me I do my best to give a good reputation for imports and my self to improve my insurance rate.

^ someone that doesn't drive normal all the time
        Last edited by hozer; 02-03-2011, 12:44 PM.
        Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
        hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• this is apparently a very touchy subject :P i agree that a persons "muturity" has absolutely nothing to do with age i have been more responsible than most of my friends since junior high, that being said a little experience can go a long way in learning what not to do (put your car sideways and learn the limit of your car) but to get mad at someone for saying that he sometimes speeds in his skyine is a little rediculous. we all speed and have some fun with our cars and if you say you never ever push your car even a little on the street than you should ask yourself why you have a street registered skyline? why not a fit?:P i drive my car like an old lady most of the time but everyonce in a while when i have a long stretch of empty road and nothin on the ol radar, i stretch her legs a bit. whats wrong with that? you wouldnt be on this site if you didnt love our fast cars. and know what they are capable of and to point fingers and say "your the reason the insurance companys give us such a hard time" comon use your head. how many accidents do people get in in a week? you really think the majority of accidents and speeding tickets are caused by skylines and rx7's? i hope you dont. you should obviously take it to the track but some people dont have that luxury and its not like im running hot laps around edmonton :P lookin for an old lady in a minivan to smash my car into sheesh!! people buy cars and bikes that are faster than our cars (from factory) every day. im sure insurance companys dont look at our cars and say "oh my god that car is way too fast to insure" "oh but that lp640 is ah-ight it has more to do with importation laws and safety rating systems so one person getting a ticket isnt gonna sway the decision for an all out ban. dont be so dramatic .... just my two cents not even sure why i looked in this thread:P

Comment

• I'm not sure either why you looked (and posted) in this thread, considering you just joined in April and the number of logical errors you made in your response.

Taking it to the track (in addition to having discipline and "maturity") is not a luxury...it's an imperative if people want to stay safe/not kill innocent bystanders/not cause property damage/not break the law/keep our cars/prevent insurance rates rising ever higher/continue to be able to import high performance cars.

Period.
            '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
            at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

• im sorry but what does my join date have to do with anything??? ive been studying these cars since i was 17 and i wasnt outright attacking anyone. so i dont see why you feel the need to be rude but whatever to each ther own. and i dont drive like an idiot as stated i drive my car like it was my first born i was just stating my opinion. you cant honestly tell me that you have never ever ever gone over the speed limit if you do your lying imo. and i made almost zero ligical errors my statements were alot more logical then the people implying " i never ever speed, anyone that breaks the law should be banned off the road!!" come on im just trying to be realistic no need to get in a tissy chill out man its just a post. swyw,id

Comment

• Originally posted by gtrjerry73 View Post
                im sorry but what does my join date have to do with anything??? ive been studying these cars since i was 17 and i wasnt outright attacking anyone. so i dont see why you feel the need to be rude but whatever to each ther own. and i dont drive like an idiot as stated i drive my car like it was my first born i was just stating my opinion. you cant honestly tell me that you have never ever ever gone over the speed limit if you do your lying imo. and i made almost zero ligical errors my statements were alot more logical then the people implying " i never ever speed, anyone that breaks the law should be banned off the road!!" come on im just trying to be realistic no need to get in a tissy chill out man its just a post. swyw,id
                Good lord man......use some paragraphs, have you even read your posts, looks like a typewriter barfed on the screen.

Too much texting makes you too lazy to put together a corherent thought.

But yes, people are getting a little pissy about this subject. Do you have any idea how many other "hi-performance" cars there are out there. I know dudes in their 40's and 50's with 1000+ hp street pounders and they have lots of fun with their cars "on the street". You guys should have seen all the kaos at the Langley Cruise-In 2 years ago. Only a handfull of people actually got busted for showing off, maybe 10%. Most of them were a demographic so far removed from our community both in vehicle type and age that we were less than an afterthought that night.

The PoPo is more concerned with douche-bags in their Civics thinking they are Ken Block than the RHD community, we are above average safe statistically when all RHDs are included in the #s.

Jon.
                Last edited by Dragon Humper; 05-28-2011, 02:56 AM.
                Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• Lol sorry, I dont usually bother with punctuation unless it's an important letter or email. (not to say you guys are not important) lol. Perhaps a little lazy. I've done worse. And it was all in the same subject technically you only start a new paragraph when referring to something new Didn't think anyone actually cared. I agree with what you say though. 90 % of us are pretty good in this department. I have yet to get in an accident, Or even get any kind if crazy ticket. (knock on wood)

Comment

• Once again, Im on board with johnnyjohnny. Out west, issues regarding RHDs are more relaxed. In ontario, its very much the opposite. Unfortunately, all it takes is the one guy who slips up for that one 5 min period cause "they shouldnt have to drive like a granny in their '87 Plymouth reliant all the time" to f**k up, then the ontario population takes the fall.

From that one retard in the 300zx posted on the previous page, it completely turned Ontarios RHD scene around. Out of the dozens of Insurance companies based in ontario, you can count the ones that will even CONSIDER insuring a RHD on one hand, (in bone stock condition) nevermind ones that will actually provide a policy, DOUBLE nevermind the cost (avg cost for a RHD, LIABILITY ONLY no theft comp collision fire etc, is upwards of $6000/yr).

All because, to cover up the fact that insurance companies dont make money on these cars (cant buy parts from dealers, claims usually end in write-offs and huge payouts), this is the reasoning they use to deny the general population (too many idiots crashing, so the cars arent 'safe'). Getting a policy was hard enough before cause theres no money to be made in claims, but they couldnt deny you purely on that. so now this is what they use.

In the end, as a kid whos been waiting for the day I can get one of these cars, when i finally have the finances, I cant even start the process because 10 months of insurance is worth more than the vehicle itself. How sad is that. I cant get one now because of that moron in the black 300ZX in ottawa (member of insurance company actually used this crash as an example of why their too dangerous to cover). So, this is why we are being pissy about it.
                    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Oakville's right. Insurance prices in Ontario are absolutely ridiculous right now. If they were a little more normal, I'd have mine by now, but the way things are going, I'm having to save more and more to buy the car and then actually FIND insurance to get it on the road. And since it's liability only, god help you if anyone decides "Hey, nice car, let's steal it", or if a garage fire breaks out with your car in the middle of it.
                      Originally posted by kengeroo
                      that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                      ...don't drink and ebay
                      '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• It would be cheaper for us to move to the west rent a house get insurance there and drive around Ontario with Alberta plates =P

plus we will have a safe house in Alberta lol

Comment

• im gonna be honest with you, Ive considered it many times lol. If a bunch of guys were in on it (splitting rent), It would still be cheaper than getting insurance alone out here.

side note rb26addict, is that your car in your avatar?
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• If it means we pay beans for insurance, I'm totally down for it. Only downside would be mail :P But hooray for mail forwarding!
                            Originally posted by kengeroo
                            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                            ...don't drink and ebay
                            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• I'd be down for this too a freind of mine drives his prelude with Alberta plates and upside is no front license plate either

And yea that's my car in the avatar

Comment

• Wow I didn't realize you guys pay so much for insurance out ther. That is probably exactly what I would do if I lived out ther. I got a quote of 400 dollars a year from td insurance in Alberta I'm currently paying I think 1500? Both with liability only but my current insurance company even said they could put section c (damage (fire theft and vandalism)), I just need to get the car appraised.

I say do it. get 10 guys in on it lol. but definitely pm each other before discussing details. As seen in other forums, other ppl are watching

Comment

Working...
                                X