This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braden @ JNS Imports View Post
    i was 16 when i got my first skyline... have owned 5 (4 GST-t's and 1 GTR been built) skylines along with 4 other jdm's (Aristo, MKIII supra, WRX and coming july 1st MKIV Supra). I have never had a speeding ticket or any other fine. So it truly is maturity over age...

I was pulled over once just after picking up the Aristo, was Just "testing the car out". Officer was more interested in the car itself than the speeding violation. asked me to pop the hood and show him all the little do-ma-hickys it had
    lol at the officer i recently purchased a skyline too took it around the block with no plated got pulled over but cop didnt write me up just wanted to see what under the hood =)

Comment

We can all agree that skylines are amazing. When I get in mine I feel so cool even if I see a 900hp viper I still feel bad ass. Its a pride I have developed for my skyline. With are car like this you have to respect like anything in this world. I'm 19 now and got it when I was 18 yes I have only driven it for a year with no accidents. But if learned allot biggest one is WATCH OTHER PEOPLE. I would consider my self a very good clean driver. Sure I cut someone off by mistake but I learned from it. I have also had situation where I had to avoid accidents. I will be honest I speed and drift on the streets but not every day of my life. 80% of my driving day I drive normal. you just have to know when its safe and know one is looking to stupid things. No one here can say they never let the back end slip out on a turn or gone 180. Biggest thing I think that is necessary is that the driver buys the car. I worked my ASS of to get that car so I have a very good understanding of what it takes to buy and fix thing. Also I insured the car myself and pay my 400 dollar a month payment by myself. It just said that these young kids with big heads can ruin it for other people. At least be dumb in a civic so imports don't get the bad name. Its like guns people so oh guns are bad destroy all of them. Put a gun on the table and tell it to shoot or kill someone. It won't a person has to pick it up and pull the trigger (we all knew that anyways) I suck it getting my point across but I understand both side. I pick my gf up for school (17 like them young) everyone checks out my car not once have a got the rpms higher that 3k or dumped the clutch. I don't need to show of I have a skyline and I know how to drive it. I know I don't have crazy race car skills so I don't do thinks that I can't. I don't really know what my limit is cause I have never been on a track only drag. Anyways my sentence structure is wack and a prob look like a sped. Guess I should of gone to school more then getting a gts-4.ps yes sometimes its hard to resist destroying that ricer that revving his engine but those are the most dangerous kinds of drivers imo.

Comment

^^ugh trying to comprehend this hurts my head. I agree that maturity has everything to do with it, but do you honestly think drifting on city streets and doing 180's is common behaviour?? You still have a lot of maturing to do.

Comment

I know i warned you I do that stuff rarely and when i do im not a dumb ass. But im saying who hasn't done that. As the driver you have to asses the situation before you take action. Sure its bad to do it in the streets but you can be safe while speeding or drifting. Sure something can happen you just have to know when to calm down and drive normal.

Comment

Driving normal should be what you do all the time. It only takes one mistake for something to happen, and it could be out of your control. FUCA snaps, lose control, fly into pedestrians. Someone steps out in front of you (or pulls out of a laneway) and you hit them. Then it's just going to look bad for import owners. Keep the crazy driving for the track, please
            Originally posted by kengeroo
            that's what I thought when I opened the package..
            ...don't drink and ebay
            '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

I am young, bought a skyline, sold it, and now am looking for another one haha.
              BNR32- Sold
              1998 Evolution V

Comment

bought my first skyline this spring when I was 16 I bagged so many goddman groceries and worked my ass off but I still got it!
                so far no accidents no speeding tickets. im 17 now.

With that being said i know MANY 16 - 17 year olds that could not handle it, most kids that age (my age) are stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Snags View Post
                  bought my first skyline this spring when I was 16 I bagged so many goddman groceries and worked my ass off but I still got it!
                  so far no accidents no speeding tickets. im 17 now.

With that being said i know MANY 16 - 17 year olds that could not handle it, most kids that age (my age) are stupid.
                  -_- im 16, i have a r32 gtr...

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                    I am young, bought a skyline, sold it, and now am looking for another one haha.
                    A GT-R riight? :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Reid View Post
                      A GT-R riight? :P
                      Yes.

Might go with an evo 3 instead though.
                      BNR32- Sold
                      1998 Evolution V

Comment

• Who drives normal all the time? There is I time and place in the street when you can haul a bit of ass of do a little drift. when you know its safe and you don't take it to far. Any thing can happen at any speed sure its more likely driving faster its just up to the driver to watch every thing and know when to lay off. Trust me I do my best to give a good reputation for imports and my self to improve my insurance rate.

Comment

• I'm Young And Want A Skyline (GTR)
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by sleeth21 View Post
                            Who drives normal all the time? There is I time and place in the street when you can haul a bit of ass of do a little drift. when you know its safe and you don't take it to far. Any thing can happen at any speed sure its more likely driving faster its just up to the driver to watch every thing and know when to lay off. Trust me I do my best to give a good reputation for imports and my self to improve my insurance rate.
                            Christ on a cracker...there is NO "time and place" for this sht. Just take it to an effin' track and do the rest of us a favour. Drivers never have 100% information, meaning they don't know if it's ever 100% safe. Can't you learn that it's not just you who might be involved in an accident? Is it really that hard????

C'mon people.

And you've just given people who are looking to sharpen their stake and trying to ban RHD vehicles with just the ammunition they need, not to mention more reasons for insurance companies to stop insuring our cars. You're not doing the rest of us owners any favours, so thanks for that. Really appreciate you being here.
                            '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                            at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyjohnny View Post
                              Christ on a cracker...there is NO "time and place" for this sht. Just take it to an effin' track and do the rest of us a favour. Drivers never have 100% information, meaning they don't know if it's ever 100% safe. Can't you learn that it's not just you who might be involved in an accident? Is it really that hard????

C'mon people.

And you've just given people who are looking to sharpen their stake and trying to ban RHD vehicles with just the ammunition they need, not to mention more reasons for insurance companies to stop insuring our cars. You're not doing the rest of us owners any favours, so thanks for that. Really appreciate you being here.
                              This man speaks the truth.
                              Originally posted by kengeroo
                              that's what I thought when I opened the package..
                              ...don't drink and ebay
                              '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

• I second that.
                                '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
                                '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Working...
                                X