Clear All

exactly what I was about to say.. series 2 headlights are different
    Marc-André
    _________
    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by linedriver View Post
      hey greg, if your car is 91 or newer, dont you use H1 bulbs or something?
      yea, i tried an h1, it fits nicely. but, h1's only have 1 prong on the back so how do i get around that? run the seperate ground? or is there some jdm version h1c or something odd?

I think someone on here would be going through this conversation sooner or later, so now at least everyone knows.

1991 Skyline Gts-t Black - Crashed,Fixed,Parted. Still out there.
      1992 Skyline Gts-t White - Almost ready to abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by gregrego View Post
        yea, i tried an h1, it fits nicely. but, h1's only have 1 prong on the back so how do i get around that? run the seperate ground? or is there some jdm version h1c or something odd?

I think someone on here would be going through this conversation sooner or later, so now at least everyone knows.

i think the H1 bulbs are run similar, if not the same as a regular H3. the prongs deal with the positive while the base of the bulb is grounded out. check out the base of the headlight, it should have a grounding prong on there
        whats going to power my skyline come spring?

Comment

i think the H1 bulbs are run similar, if not the same as a regular H3. the prongs deal with the positive while the base of the bulb is grounded out. check out the base of the headlight, it should have a grounding prong on there
          Yea, thats exactly how they want to work, but i have no metal clips to lock the bulbs in

Comment

Originally posted by gregrego View Post
            Yea, thats exactly how they want to work, but i have no metal clips to lock the bulbs in

i have a spare set of headlights if you want to take the clips out of them. they were a mixed set of headlights cause one of them took H3C bulbs while the other took H1 bulbs, but the clips should be the same if not similar.
            whats going to power my skyline come spring?

Comment

i have a spare set of headlights if you want to take the clips out of them. they were a mixed set of headlights cause one of them took H3C bulbs while the other took H1 bulbs, but the clips should be the same if not similar.
              omg yes. when can i get these???

Comment

You guys can just get a set of HID Conversions of me , I carry both H1, and H3C and H4 for all R32 Skylines as well as R34 and R33

Comment

Originally posted by JzGarage View Post
                  You guys can just get a set of HID Conversions of me , I carry both H1, and H3C and H4 for all R32 Skylines as well as R34 and R33
                  I would but im selling the car, and wont see this money back.

Comment

I just read through this topic and it seemed there was still some speculation around the bulbs so I just wanted to confirm that on a 92 gts-t projector for the low beam it was indeed an H1 bulb that I just swapped out on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Godzooky View Post
                      I just read through this topic and it seemed there was still some speculation around the bulbs so I just wanted to confirm that on a 92 gts-t projector for the low beam it was indeed an H1 bulb that I just swapped out on my car.
                      yes.

and now i need the adapter that the h1 bulb plugs into. damnit this is becoming a pita.

Comment

aww ur selling ur skyline just after u get it all fixed up?

Comment

This is absolutely true.. My bulbs blew out from last nite, i then looked for my spare h3c but id didn't fit, tried to custom make an h3 but the hole is too small.

I then realize it has an adapter that holds H1 bulb..

hey greg, if your car is 91 or newer, dont you use H1 bulbs or something?

Comment

I found its prety much a crap shoot, different skylines have different bulbs, its pretty random from what i've seen.

And yes the skyline is already sold. Got more than I wanted so I'm happy, new owner is very happy as well.

Comment

So does anyone know if a 55w 12V OEM bulb can be swap with 100W 12v without burning any wires?

Comment

Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                                So does anyone know if a 55w 12V OEM bulb can be swap with 100W 12v without burning any wires?
                                stick with a 55 to be safe.

I actually threw a 55 watt turn signal bulb where a 21 watt shoulda been, the bulb burnt out in 3 hours, so maybe its just the bulb that will die?

Comment

Working...
                                X