No announcement yet.

skyline styling???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew C-unit would agree with me, look at the allstar bash pictures, all those guys are very good drivers with dialed in set ups and very low cars. park it when the snow flys, watch the drive ways, and take speed bumps on an angle, whats the problem?
    Jesse
    1990 HCR32
    2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

It all comes down of what you can live with. I don't like bone jarring rides, but I don't like SS land yacht either. There is also a point with a GTR IMHO where it becomes too low to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jessem View Post
        I knew C-unit would agree with me, look at the allstar bash pictures, all those guys are very good drivers with dialed in set ups and very low cars. park it when the snow flys, watch the drive ways, and take speed bumps on an angle, whats the problem?
        If you guys can live with it, great.

Like Austin Powers said, "That's not my bag, baby."

Jessem,

Noob? Where are the pics at?

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
          every heard of fully adjustable coilovers???? All my cars are slammed with close to stock travels. Slamming will just hurt your roll center if you don't have the correct adjuster. Your car rode and handled like shxt because it had lowering springs. The stock shocks were not design for high spring rate therefore it handles weird.

I am sure for those who takes their time and money to make a perfect stance on their car will throw out their coins on proper coilover to maintain proper suspension travels.

And Kelly, VS-KF is HELLLLLA Gay..thats why I sold mine to Duncan. LOL. Better fitment wheel is coming next!!

Agreed. If you are not planning to lower your car that much, you don't really need the control arms/etc. Just make sure all your bushings are not torn and it should be good. You are right, those arms/etc will add up quickly. I am in for around $3000 for all the arms, bushings are spherical bearings. That is without the coilover.

$3k, holy crap. You are a die hard

Agreed, you have to spend the money for a proper set up. Most guys will not go to this degree though.

Comment

Thats a nice setup C-Unit, kits may not really be my thing, but I like your style. What brand are the suspension arms, looks nice and beefy. What are your spring rates. And is that a hydraulic handbrake I spy?
            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
            Next question is: should I stroke it??
            Originally posted by Wingnut
            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

I think the rear of SkylineUSA's R32 is setup to get good driveshaft angle, etc.

You can get shocks that screw into base of shock and retain reasonable shock travel. Greedy / Trust sell those type of shocks -

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

But doesn't solve the driveshaft angle problem, which requires shoving subframe up into chassis, if you intend to drop height of rear of car.

The best suspension setup for lowered car is used on F1, Lemans, etc racecars (scroll down to Hydraulic Suspension) -

New setup they are using (scroll down to Hydraulic Suspension) -

Only seen 1 SuperGT RX7 with this type of setup. Owner fabricated it himself. This type of suspension is used on rear end of some American Muscle cars.

Should read the suspension bible, interesting new technology out there for suspension, like the "Linear Electromagnetic Suspension" -

RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Link not working
                Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                Next question is: should I stroke it??
                Originally posted by Wingnut
                Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

Fixed.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

like c-unit says, you have to spend some if you want a good ''dropped'' setup

in my case, since i'm much more into a good brake and suspension setup than just raw power, i spent alot of time reserching and aquiring the right parts

my car is setup mainly for track, but as always with my setups, very streetable
                    i like to think i'm building road car for the track and not the other way around

i have spent (or am spending) over 3k, not including the coilover, for;
                    adjustable upper control arms front/rear
                    adjustable tension rods
                    tension rod pipe
                    stiffer traction links
                    stiffer bushings all aroung
                    adjustable sway bars
                    front roll center adjusters
                    solid subframe spacers
                    strut braces
                    subframe braces
                    and i've played alot which the spring perch height
                    rebuilt the coilovers' damper to match spring rate
                    bolt-on wheel spacers to get the perfect offset

getting that perfect setup takes alot of time, but you get the best of everything;
                    driveable dropped car,
                    great street handling, ever better track handling
                    even and ''slow'' tire wear

i havent done like most people and just got lowering springs with stock dampers, or got coilovers and dropped them as low as possible, and not worry about messing all of the suspension goemetry
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

My mates N1 spec GTR racecar is like that, runs on semislicks with rollcage, etc (used in Targa, so built for high speed on closed roads). But his racecar sits higher, not lower (it can sit so tyres touch the arches). Still handles really well at near to stock height, thanks to swaybars and good suspension setup (Ohlins / Nismo suspension). Has soo much grip.

I have adopted the same idea on my car, raised, instead of lowered car. Handles, accelerates, grips. Just need to tweek the swaybars a tad to finish it off.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

Comment

I totally agree with C-Unit. I totally think R32 need to have good fitment n stance to make the whole package pop. Just my opinion...

Here is my ride last year... Not Slammed. But scraping low

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post
                          Thats a nice setup C-Unit, kits may not really be my thing, but I like your style. What brand are the suspension arms, looks nice and beefy. What are your spring rates. And is that a hydraulic handbrake I spy?
                          They are from SPL parts.com with Hybrid Adjuster. For what I am getting, I think they are bang for the bucks. My lower control arms are from Nismo. Here is set up for those who are wondering.

SPL subframe riser/spacer
                          SPL Tension rod
                          SPL Traction rod
                          SPL rear upper control arms
                          SPL rear non hicas tie rod
                          SPL front tie rod ends
                          OEM front tie rod
                          OEM sway bar link
                          Nismo front lower control arms
                          Nismo rear lower control arms
                          Feast Auto Front upper control arms
                          Custom spherical bearings on all rear knuckle
                          Powder coated subframe, bracket..etc

That's where the 3K+ went to. On top of that..there are brakes, coilover, strut bar, rollcage...etc.

If anyone is wondering, Coilover are Aragosta Standard. It is stock spring rate at 7.5Kg/mm and 5.8kg/mm right now. I will try out how it handle first and maybe upgrade to midori 10k and 8K springs. My car will be pretty light so I don't think I will need such high spring rate.

My focus is to run my crazy ass size wheel / slammed stance and still able to maintain proper suspension geometry. Depending on what I do, I'll get different alignment but it will be mainly set up for drifting.

Yes, that is a hydro ebrake. lol
                          Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

So this set up is for Drifting?

What wheel size? I run 245/45F 275/40R.

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
                              Thats how i got the car man.

The splitters. most people like them, i don't mind them
                              ricer.
                              Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

Originally posted by SkylineUSA View Post
                                So this set up is for Drifting?

What wheel size? I run 245/45F 275/40R.
                                My wheels will take a 3 months wait so they are not here yet.
                                they are 18x10 +3 and 18x11 -1
                                I am planning to run 235/40R18 and 255/35R18.
                                Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X