• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan will own a GTR.

Your time will come Ryan

P.S

My build thread

i got stopped this weekend by opp on a offramp of the 401 (r.i.d.e. program) thay pulled me aside being rude saying do i have a permmit to drive a rhd car & my ownership(green slip) dosent have rhd printed on it & i herd about the damn rhd sticker thing too. thay said to get it all fixed and give me warning but next
    sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
    ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

My friends GTS

I also have a gts that will be fairly flush and low, I have an ae86 that is "slammed" and I drove that for years super low, doesnt bother me.

Comment

wow..almost 80% of people failed here. you can't DD the car because you daily it? Is that a joke? My soarer is hella slam and I DD that car everywhere.

But yea..18x7 +38 with 4x4 rideheight FTW!!!!
        Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
          wow..almost 80% of people failed here. you can't DD the car because you daily it? Is that a joke? My soarer is hella slam and I DD that car everywhere.

But yea..18x7 +38 with 4x4 rideheight FTW!!!!
          cheers to that.

^ drive it everywhere every day. Handles awesome, slides like you wish yours did, and you cant say that doesnt look badass.

Comment

I see. Even rock climbing???

It's personal preference, but what I have learnt about suspension on Skylines, I wouldn't do it for performance, safety reasons (driveshaft angle, tyre touching arch and shreding, hitting bump stops and losing control, etc).

You might be able to get away with 20"+ rims that close the gap without the need to lower car too much, but stock hub bearings will probably fail earlier if car is pushed, as they weren't designed for that size of wheel.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by plankworx View Post
              cheers to that.

^ drive it everywhere every day. Handles awesome, slides like you wish yours did, and you cant say that doesnt look badass.
              No, That looks awesome. To me, thats not totally slammed, but nice. I would drive it, probably not in southern alberta though, which gets me to my next point

C-Unit, it all depends where you live. These southern Alberta roads, and probably all alberta roads, might as well be the side of a mountain. Very unpredictable with holes, bumps, and random patches of tar.

Hell, i even bottomed my stock high supra.

IT'S ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
                No, That looks awesome. To me, thats not totally slammed, but nice. I would drive it, probably not in southern alberta though, which gets me to my next point

C-Unit, it all depends where you live. These southern Alberta roads, and probably all alberta roads, might as well be the side of a mountain. Very unpredictable with holes, bumps, and random patches of tar.

Hell, i even bottomed my stock high supra.

IT'S ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE
                Vancouver roads are pretty bad. You can drive your car anywhere, but when you are lowered you tend to slow the hell down for any bumps/entrances/ramps, which to me takes away the drivability for DD.

Some times I miss the stock height for being able to not worry about driving at normal speeds on these crappy roads.

Even charles would understand

Comment

you guys are fags. Vic has terrible roads and I barely scrape at all.

You don't need an excuse to leave your car in the stratosphere, it's personal preference and protect your investment as you see fit. But don't come off like the people who dump their cars have no respect for them, most people I've met with GTR's don't even touch them mechanically. Not like you're driving a KPGC10 there tiger.

This is how I daily. (bit lower now though :P)
                  1/1_Scale
                  パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

It seems that we all have a different perspective on slammed.

That car chewy, looks great, if you ask me.

A Slammed car is like 1/2 inch off the ground, wheels tucked in wheel wells

Like so

THIS IS SLAMMED

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                      Vancouver roads are pretty bad. You can drive your car anywhere, but when you are lowered you tend to slow the hell down for any bumps/entrances/ramps, which to me takes away the drivability for DD.

Some times I miss the stock height for being able to not worry about driving at normal speeds on these crappy roads.

Even charles would understand
                      your new super low suspension? *****...
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      widebody rb25 r32
                      Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
                      We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
                      ----------------------------------------------
                      friends of:
                      genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
                      Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

well yeah, bagged/hydro is another story, but the conversation was never really about that until now. The car in the first post was what we were talking about, and people like rabbit, citing it being pointless in the name of being useless on the track to be that low. I don't really understand this and I think that comment was just to pander to the masses, because most of the cars you see like that have serious suspension setups and are very functional on the track. Most serious drifters pay closer attention to their geometry than any weekend warrior tracky.
                        1/1_Scale
                        パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Roads are bad in Vancouve as well..but who cares. slam car will beat a 4x4 height in every aspect beside trying to race through speed bumps. lol

And RHDskyline, can you please fixed your 2 tone hood and lost those splitters??

IMO..stock GTR look is kinda boring to me. The car needs some aggressive looking kit to spice things up. But again, that's more of a personal peference. Atleast please dont put 18x8 +35 on you car!! They look very G A Y
                          Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

Thats how i got the car man.

The splitters. most people like them, i don't mind them
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                              you guys are fags.
                              This is how I daily. (bit lower now though :P)
                              I likey.

Wingless is good.

Comment

Slammed GTR = AUTO DESECRATION

I had one, drove like crap, swapped out springs and it drove like a GTR again

Comment

Working...
                                X