skyline styling???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
    The car in the first post was what we were talking about, and people like rabbit, citing it being pointless in the name of being useless on the track to be that low. I don't really understand this and I think that comment was just to pander to the masses, because most of the cars you see like that have serious suspension setups and are very functional on the track. Most serious drifters pay closer attention to their geometry than any weekend warrior tracky.
    Although I do think your car looks kickass! There is a point where you are to low for the stock geometry to work properly (something past 255mm and 245mm, front and back respectively, measured from the centre of the wheel to the fender, on a GTR). If you've looked at pictures of the Group A cars, they are low but are by no means slammed, and there is a pretty good reason for that. IMO there are two main reason drifters can get away with driving their cars that low:
    1) Its a budget drift car, so they throw on the stiffest 'coilovers' they can find, slam it, and enjoy the crap out of it. Not really caring how perfect the setup is cause it was done on the cheaper side of things. And hey, really low mega stiff cheap 'coilovers' will make a huge difference over 20 year old shocks and springs.
    2) They do spend lots of money on really expensive aftermarket geometry parts that correct issues associated with being really low.

And although I'm not as much a fan of kits as C-Unit (but there are some I like), I do agree, Stock looking GTR's are lame. At the same time though you can have aggressive looks and good wheel fitment without slamming the car.

Thats my 20 cents lol
    Originally posted by Z-Tuned
    Next question is: should I stroke it??
    Originally posted by Wingnut
    Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

I do agree how slamming your car will mess up the geometery without the proper components. But hey, almost anyone who complaint how a slammed car is not good in handling only DD their car. That seems alittle bit contradicting. I am not directing my comments to anyone but that is just my thought.

And coming off like..EWWW WTF, you are in the wrong forum..this shxt just make me sick. EW..really?? And thats coming from a guy with 2 tone hood and non-functional splitters. But again, what do I know, I am only a ricer who slammed a GTR with a kit just because I think I am the shxt.
      Biggest selection of Skyline CarbonFiber & FRP Aero in Canada. PM me.

Comment

oh charles, you're such a ricer. Everybody knows that low offset VSKF's are as gay as it gets.
        1/1_Scale
        パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
          I do agree how slamming your car will mess up the geometery without the proper components. But hey, almost anyone who complaint how a slammed car is not good in handling only DD their car. That seems alittle bit contradicting. I am not directing my comments to anyone but that is just my thought.

And coming off like..EWWW WTF, you are in the wrong forum..this shxt just make me sick. EW..really?? And thats coming from a guy with 2 tone hood and non-functional splitters. But again, what do I know, I am only a ricer who slammed a GTR with a kit just because I think I am the shxt.
          EEEW Ricers are gross

Haha I'm probably guilty of that, although I do in some cases like the look. Money is hard to come by, and Alberta sucks, but my car is taking a more track oriented direction.
          Also, for budget or beginner drifters, Slammed with screwed geometry and mega stiff springs should be > than stock. The lower centre of weight and minimal roll will help with transitioning, rather than putting the cars weight into flopping the car back and forth on soggy dampers.
          However for the people more into grip with a low budget would probably benefit more from high quality dampers and lowering springs, paired with some good anti-roll bars, and tires (although this would probably work for most beginner drifters you just don't get the nearly unlimited adjustment cheap 'coilovers' come with).

Comment

how about cutting the springs to lower my 240??? lol
            sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
            ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

+1 for better sway bars, coilovers and tires, it was an easy choice for the style of build I'm doing but more so how well it'll track. I'm not going hardcore so I'm still debating all the geometry bits like control arms and stuff... It's gets expensive quick.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by C-unit View Post
                Yep, limiting wheel travel will always make the car ride better

Now being dropped helps, but not slammed.

Comment

Originally posted by SkylineUSA View Post
                  When your springs are stiff enough you don't need travel

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
                  how about cutting the springs to lower my 240??? lol
                  Whatever floats your boat lol. For the record I never mentioned that as a good solution for anything haha.

Comment

every heard of fully adjustable coilovers???? All my cars are slammed with close to stock travels. Slamming will just hurt your roll center if you don't have the correct adjuster. Your car rode and handled like shxt because it had lowering springs. The stock shocks were not design for high spring rate therefore it handles weird.

Incase someone doesn't know what fully adjustable coilover looks like:

I am sure for those who takes their time and money to make a perfect stance on their car will throw out their coins on proper coilover to maintain proper suspension travels.

And Kelly, VS-KF is HELLLLLA Gay..thats why I sold mine to Duncan. LOL. Better fitment wheel is coming next!!

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                    +1 for better sway bars, coilovers and tires, it was an easy choice for the style of build I'm doing but more so how well it'll track. I'm not going hardcore so I'm still debating all the geometry bits like control arms and stuff... It's gets expensive quick.
                    Agreed. If you are not planning to lower your car that much, you don't really need the control arms/etc. Just make sure all your bushings are not torn and it should be good. You are right, those arms/etc will add up quickly. I am in for around $3000 for all the arms, bushings are spherical bearings. That is without the coilover.

Comment

Now being dropped helps, but not slammed

So you've got your car set up for drag? I'd say you don't have much usable travel before you hit fender anyhow with those 55 series tires and unrolled fenders. Next time get them to mount them with the whites out. Nice panasports though.
                      1/1_Scale
                      パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

Originally posted by Velders View Post

Whatever floats your boat lol. For the record I never mentioned that as a good solution for anything haha.
                        I know its not a good solution. the 240 needs more lower. I'm going to learn to drift in it. Some point in time, when this 3 feet of snow gets off the road.

For some reason i just love the look of coilovers. Like the ones C-Unit posted
                        sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                        ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy View Post
                          So you've got your car set up for drag? I'd say you don't have much usable travel before you hit fender anyhow with those 55 series tires and unrolled fenders. Next time get them to mount them with the whites out. Nice panasports though.

That GTR is my road car. I have 5 GTRs, all (will be) set up differently.

I spent a lot of hours on those Panasports, thanks

Oh, I am pretty sure they are 245/45

Comment

road car as in DD or road car as in road racing???

Comment

I didn't want to sacrifice driveability so I got some a bit stiffer than stock, JIC magic 12/10kg.mm coilovers. The car handles way better but not good enough yet.
                              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                              lol

Comment

When you say DD, that must mean daily driver, which is how that car is set up. R34 turbos, HKS progressive springs, stock shocks very cheap, but good set up for a GTR that I like. I have ran a bunch of different suspension set ups, and always go back to that one for the money.

Comment

Working...
                                X