This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Year Law Nonsense...

The next person to post up anything regarding the 15 year rule being changed without any supporting evidence... will be banned (or something like that, I'm not too sure yet).

Nobody cares that the homeless guy who begs for change outside of your local DMV/MTO/etc told you that Transport Canada is changing the laws. The same applies to your best friend, importer, used engine dealer, customs broker, shop owner, etc..

Unless you can provide proof - such as a notice from Transport Canada, or a letter from Lawrence Cannon (Minister of Transport) written in blood and stapled to a body part hand delivered by Mrs. Stronach - don't bother posting about it.

Harsh? Yes.
    Necessary? Absolutely.
    Race. Win. Live.

TY iMod what about the posts of persons asking how they can import r34 for track use...it should be the same ....

Comment

LOL. Do the same this with "whats the difference between a GTR and GTS" threads and were set.

Comment

Originally posted by wakmen View Post
        TY iMod what about the posts of persons asking how they can import r34 for track use...it should be the same ....
        that shouldnt be included IMHO. cuz there are legal ways of doing it and there are people that have/had imported less than 15 yr old cars for track use. if someone is genuinely interested in bringing one in for that purpose then all the luck to him. its really not that hard.
        Devil R sponsored by:
        Tunerlab.jp and Popformance

Some people try to get attention by bashing me. Go ahead you're only giving me more publicity. <3's haters

Comment

Originally posted by assass1n View Post
          that shouldnt be included IMHO. cuz there are legal ways of doing it and there are people that have/had imported less than 15 yr old cars for track use. if someone is genuinely interested in bringing one in for that purpose then all the luck to him. its really not that hard.
          okok i reformulate.... people who ask how to import an r34 and keep it in their garage till it's 15 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Rb25det-R32 View Post
            LOL. Do the same this with "whats the difference between a GTR and GTS" threads and were set.
            X2
            Originally posted by imola_skyline
            **newbie question**

I know this is off topic but i was wondering,,whats the diff between hcr32 and bnr32? and what do they mean?
            :hit_head:

Comment

great job!

i'm sick of hearing this story from importers. it seems like propaganda to make more money off us JDM buyers.

Comment

question......

Why do the ministry of transportation even have the 15 year law? I have tried to look around for the answer but i am definately curious to know why! I hope this comment is ok!!!!!
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                  Why do the ministry of transportation even have the 15 year law? I have tried to look around for the answer but i am definately curious to know why! I hope this comment is ok!!!!!
                  iirc,
                  it is to keep people buying newer cars, and not just bringing in cheap vehicles.

it has to do with the economy

do not quote me 100% on this, its just what i have heard.

p.s.
                  sorry if this post is a no-no

Comment

Originally posted by Neski View Post
                    iirc,
                    it is to keep people buying newer cars, and not just bringing in cheap vehicles.

it has to do with the economy

do not quote me 100% on this, its just what i have heard.

p.s.
                    sorry if this post is a no-no
                    lol....

it has NOTHING to do with what you have heard

the 15yr rule was changed back in the late 70's- early 80's, from a 25yr rule, to allow collectors to get better quality vehicles... only now since many desireable vehicles are 15yrs or older are coming into canada... the CADA wants to close the door so they can prevent us from getting these quality vehicles and forcing us into buying over priced new vehicles, and way over priced used clunkers...
                    How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                    \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                    \'90 GTR32

Comment

I can totally understand why there's a 15 year law. Say you buy a GTR for 15K at an auction and have it shipped over. How much of that money goes back into Canada? 200 bucks for a broker? Some money at customs?

The fatal flaw with it is a lot of people want some cars that aren't available in Canada or the US. I think it would be a smart move to have importation laws like Australia. From what I've read, you can only import cars that weren't sold new in the Australian market.
                      1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                      It'll run someday

Comment

Originally posted by tokes View Post
                        I can totally understand why there's a 15 year law. Say you buy a GTR for 15K at an auction and have it shipped over. How much of that money goes back into Canada? 200 bucks for a broker? Some money at customs?

The fatal flaw with it is a lot of people want some cars that aren't available in Canada or the US. I think it would be a smart move to have importation laws like Australia. From what I've read, you can only import cars that weren't sold new in the Australian market.
                        i like that austrailian law alot better.
                        if there were left hand drive skylines i would buy it over RHD skyline.

Comment

just put the wheel in the middle..no argument..done

Comment

Originally posted by JVizZLe View Post
                            just put the wheel in the middle..no argument..done
                            that would be interesting would make good weight distribution too
                            Nitrous Oxide is like a hot girl with STDs you wanna hit it but your too afraid of the consequences that will fallow

Comment

That's how the McLaren F1 is set up. It's a three seater with the driver seat in the center and a passenger seat behind it to either side. Very good layout.

Comment

Working...
                              X